SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

yeah did we lose the info on how s13 rear coilovers fit into an r30? im too lazy to go back thru the info hehe

does anyone wanna sell me their dr30 front bar?? please.

ooh yeah wanted to ask if anyone with a lowered (d)r30 has sorted out the issue with neg camber on the rear wheels??

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI ya

just a couple of quick questions for all you fellars, i have found my coolant leaking into the drivers side foot cooller??? wtf, not oil as stated before, (i decided to actually look) where could the coolant leak into the aircon hose? Should i get a mechanic?

also what sound system you guys running and security if any, as im having a look at a nice pioneer system and have been getting the run around?

dr30man i had this problem to, and it ended up being a cracked heater core, just bypassed it in the engine bay, one of the things i've got coming from japland...

stu i was the one dribbling no sense about the suspension updgrades and stuff that my mate was doing, thats all going now, it stops wickedly "apparently" as he's being a tool atm i won't see him for aibt...*****whipped wankers

yeah did we lose the info on how s13 rear coilovers fit into an r30? im too lazy to go back thru the info hehe

does anyone wanna sell me their dr30 front bar?? please.

ooh yeah wanted to ask if anyone with a lowered (d)r30 has sorted out the issue with neg camber on the rear wheels??

Yeh theres a few ways about the -ve camber on the rear, K Mac sell offset bushes which counteract it a bit.

the best way though is what dat sport does, fully adjustable bout $5-$600 for that and its a bloody good job

Phat Mr30 what kit does datsport sell for them??? I wasn't aware that Barry did, but meh been ages since i've be down there to visit him!! Maybe try and get some adjustable camber plates and see how u go from there...Mine is staying how it is though, its good for cornering, and as im not making that much power i don't have traction issues atm

hi, how r us? neway i just thought i might add that i have a 82 MR30 with:

- 2 1/4 inch exaust manifold bak

- import 15 inch rims which i belive r off a hr31 (just wif out the centre cap) i know dis coz my best friend has those rims

- it has import rear lights which are off a dr30

its not much at the moment bak u can not forget im only 16 and i just bought the car not even 1 month ago.

my question iz can u change the air flow meter (afm) to one off a r31 engine

if not wot would be sutable coz i want to put a pod filter and the hole iz tooooooooooo ***en smalllllllll. thanx

stu-r30- with the konis they came with new tops, there is still the camber, doesn't seem as harsh as it was but i've got the trx rims on it and they sit in closer to the chasie? the front also had some neg chamber before i changed to the konis now they sit stright up and down??

PoZessedmr30-welcome, this your first car, if so great choice, with your air flow dont bother with the r31 air box its not that much bigger the the r30 one, i'd go the pod then put up a block to stop the hot air from the engine( build a box around it) so to let in air at the front, where the headlight is, even maybe spend 10 bucks on some flexie pipe to direct air to the pod from the front?

Rsx84 - i was already planning on putting on the pod filter, but my consern iz that i am not getting enough air becoz of my afm. i belive i need to change it becoz the HOLE that air flows in from the original air box goes through that of course and the actual hole iz a very small rectangular hole insteed of the much bigger circular hole like on an r31 for example

that iz wot i want 2 change, so i can get more airflow.

Yes Todd you won 2litre and 2.5L, and yes you won over 2.5L.Bloody Dyno Queen.

It was a impressive effort too - id say thank goodness for the extra weight keeping it on the dyno :D

*me looks in the mirror*

Todd if its cool with you id like to feature it :)

pozessedmr30- your running a l20e i gather, the problem is that the afm is the air box,if i remember correctly, with the r31 onwards they had an air box then a afm which you could remove by its self, someone else may know more!

rsx84- no i am not running a L20E engine i am running a L24E motor, and the afm disconnects from the airbox but it still doesnt help my cause. lol . thanx 4 trying neway. all i want to now is can i take my afm off and use an r31 afm instead and get the same performance if not beetter. i want to do dis becozz i want to put my pod filter on.