SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

Josh, beleive that the DR's run a 3.9 ratio from the factory...Why your able to hit stupid speeds and why they don't get going until 3rd gear really

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all...good to see more R30s still goin hard just thought idd add mine to this..1985 HR30-L20ET, Pod Filter, 2.5 inch Exhaust, Lowered, 17in Evo R's, Black Bonnet :D Im in the process of making a full locked diff out of one of the other 2 cars i have to go in the good one and also planning Rb20DET or 26DETT conversion soon. Should go well me thinks.

hey guys.

im looking into DR30's, i think they're phat and a great example of old school skylines. im just curious, are their great differences between the predecessor's L20 and the DR's FJ20?(apart from the extra cam and 2 cylinders) What is the engine note like (fj20)? and is it similar to the inline 6 L20?

Thanks. Later

its a strange thing with the r30 as there are at least 6 different types of r30 engine combos' you can find, to start with you may be unlucky to get your hands on a 82 l24 non fuel injected version r30, then it went to the fuel injected l24e, at the same time there were the hr30 with the l20et and the first dr30 fj20de, the 82 fj20de put out more power than the l20et, something like 160hp to a mind blowing 141hp for the l20et,then the hr30 went to the paul newman version producing 200hp, hard to get these days with that l20et engine. what you want to look for is either the dr30 with the fj20det 190hp or the rsx intercooled version which produced 205hp about 84 or very early 85, the thing to remember is that these are factory claims and also there are both 2door and 4door versions so weight is another thing to play with as they average around 1200kgs' maxing out at around 1300kgs and starting around 1100kgs for the no frills version hr30.

i wont go into the other things like brake size and so forth or id fall asleep!!

there are so many things you can do with any r30 if you have the time and budget!! hope this has'nt scared you of as they are a great base to get a killer skyline!!

must drink more now as people are getting shitty!!

just want to point out that the 84/85 rsx version stuck it to the same year model porsche (if that is spelt wrong shot me mate jp)....

the thing is is that it took me 4 months to find out what model i bought!! so ive read and seen a lot of web sites, i was going to buy a gts-x r31 then my brother in law told me about this rs skyline 2door that he saw for sale at a wreckers?? you know what the shitty part is is that i drive a r31 every day and after all this time f%$king around with the r30 i just want to sell it and pay someone to put a RB25DET into the r31 and drive away!!

specking of interchangability (thats a hell of a word) i was sitting outside today, recovering from last night, looking at the bits and peices of r30s' in the car port and this idea came to me, would the head from the l20et work with the block for the l24e?? you see i have both an l20et and a 5door l24e just sitting there so might look at a head conversion as i have the turbo, dump pipe, manifold and turbo head doing nothing, any one have any throughts on this or advice??

how much do u want for your car (seriously)

and if u want a 25 in the 31 it aint hard.

but you'll have to change shit which u already know....well...unless u bodge it

stu- reading back now i got the wrong meaning from you top line question, didnt read it as you asking for a price$$ hence post #229

hehe yeah you sed u would sleep in your car and im thinkin hmm strange asking price...

as for the l24et thingy, im pretty sure it works

if not, i'll be taking those parts....

and if u seriously wanna sell pm me im keen

stu- yeah i tent to look at the philasofical side of things after a few jds', just getting close to the final few things to do to get her finished, boost guage is working still no tacho and the lights will be rewired, then the intercooler is put in place, then off to get a new exhaust and the piping for the intercooler, then its the ecu and single stage boost controller and last but not least new tint now when all thats done its finished to a point where it will be my daily driver. as you can see its never finished thats the shity part, just time and money!! one thing is shes a lot closer than when i first bought her!

i wont sell, at least till these things are done and its registered, or when i can import a 89 gtr for like $10,000

p.s. i've been offered $12,000 as is about 2 months ago from a bloke who saw it at the machanics very very tempting!!

who was that bloke from hong kong, with the dr who was putting, or had a 26 in his, think we lost his post with all that info before! i'd say cram is the word, i've got like 1 1/2" gap between the radiator and fan and about 1/2" at the firewall!!