SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chu_rulz- this is a mission, engine alone will set you back from $6500, then you need a rb25 gearbox to run it in rear wheel drive only about $2000/guesstament, drive shaft, diff $??, fuel pump $450, gtr fmic and custom piping $1500, a serious brake upgrade lets say $3-4000 custom job, new 3" exhaust dump pipe back $1500, good syspension may be tag on another $1000+ to the brake upgrade as these two may go hand in hand and don't forget unless your doing all this your self you'll be paying someone to do it for you$$$ lifes a bitch!

In the long run if you do it all right the first time you'll have one of the fastest cars, after just a ecu mod or swap, in the skyline family!

have you got the latest zoom with the r31 on the cover, if not i'll scan it and pm it to you as the r31 has done a rb26 swap!

Hey guys.... I tried to install a boost controller on my HR30 and i have run into a few problems.

today i was attempting to install my Turbosmart gated boost controller with my mate, and we didnt have much success. It has a triple hybrid turbo. the compressor is standard i think and the exhaust is from some comodore. the response was very out of wack and sometimes it wouldnt come on boost at all. basically it was behaving nothing like it should, and we were 100% sure of all installation points... any ideas??

we also after having no success with the first item, tried another model that my freind had awaiting employment in his car, and had the exact same result. we had not turned up the boost at all, and it was behaving very oddly.

any help PLEASE!

Also why is there a tee coming from the compressor housing and the outlet pipe and feeding the wastegate actuator? Isn't there normally only one coming from the outlet pipe and feeding the actuator?

do they both need to be connected or can i block one?

I really need some advise on this. Any help would be much appreciated. :D

there are things to remember when increasing boost, its all good to play around with boost levels, but if the ecu is set for X amount of boost then X amount is the best. don't get me wrong the l20et turbo is not runnig a ceramic shaft so boost can go, but if theres no fuel theres no fuel, did you take a boost reading to start with?

there are things to remember when increasing boost, its all good to play around with boost levels, but if the ecu is set for X amount of boost then X amount is the best. don't get me wrong the l20et turbo is not runnig a ceramic shaft so boost can go, but if theres no fuel theres no fuel, did you take a boost reading to start with?

i'm not playing around with it yet though. i just hooked it up and was running it on standard boost so it should make no difference.

Ok,did you follow the guide you got with the boost gate as i bought one today/24/12/03 and have read the guide today and it states start from 0, there are things to cross out?

I got the car very resently and the car came with a boost controller and just that nothing else. i don't have them. is there anyway you could send them to me?

Have finally got my car running with the intercooler installed and the boost turned up. Spikes to 1 bar than backs off to about 12 psi, dodgy bleed valves. I must say it pulls a bit harder than what I was expecting. Now to do the diff it really needs it now.

I love FJ's

stu- the cars not here and the place i got them also fitted them and adjusted them, i may be able to get to it tommorro as i left my mobile there and i'm going away tommorro night for two weeks!

cool no dramas

i might just take it to a suspension dude and give them the parts i got and tell them what i want done

any thought on how much injector collars cost? L24 im talkin about,

3 of mine are fugged and the orings are gorn...ie leaking