SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

hey rsx yeah im after the inside bits for the mirrors... will start asking around in the nsw threads... btw does anyone have the voice warning system in their r30? ohh abd another thing i just finished scanning the supplement service manual.. all 230+ pages... need 2 reduce the size of them though ass it is 70 mb uncompressed atm...lol

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well 300 posts thats not to bad and most of its usable stuff :)

rb25det or de as it has been a whyll and we have lost some posts, how far back is the rb25 gear as the rb20 i had to cut around an inch! i think you may be able to reverse the sump??

the only voice warning i get is from people on the footpath!!

Hi, I did a search and couldn't find where I could buy a fj20det or how much???? Anyone know where? My skyline is under my avatar and I want turbine power.

i'm just about to try something with the l24e where i'll put the manifold from a l20et on to the l24e, it should support around 14psi without any problems the major thing i think will be the ecu??

just wondering if anyone knows the DR30 clutch diameter of the top of their head?? :]

clutch shop guy said its either 25mm or 23mm i think it was? anyone know for sure?

just curious coz im geting a 9 puck and 2500 pressure plate, but if its the smaller diameter itll cost me ~$100 less for the clutch package, which would be handy, il have some money to spend, otherwise i cant go out for a couple of weekends haha but the clutch shop guys wont know till the day theyre doing it (next Thurs) so by then its a bit late if ive spent money i need haha :D

Hi, I did a search and couldn't find where I could buy a fj20det or how much???? Anyone know where? My skyline is under my avatar and I want turbine power.

Most jap wreakers have a few fj20et, i know some up here do.

i have a fj20de (1990) and am planning to upgrade to either a rb20det or just a fj20det (1990ish) I'm hopping the mounts will be the same.

[ant] good to here a fellow DR owner here in Perth is pouring money into it.Did you buy your car from luvdr or is it fresh of the boat?

Good work on your clutch selection as the 5 pucker in mine is a wench in traffic.Ask them to change the g/box oil for you at the same time.

Seeya round...Todd

DR30RS - my car i got from another guy locally, a friend of a friend. you priobably know it as the 2 door from C-Red ;D the one that was at the dyno day wen u got ur 344rwhp i think. red n black with C-Red sticker on the bonnet.

ive taken them stickers off now though ;) haha and done bosch pump and new rear shocks. then clutch and some rust repair is next on the list, before bigger cooler probably around winter time. moneys an issue coz im only casual nightfiller coz im still at uni haha

id be very keen to have a look and go for a spin in your DR, especially when it gets the cams in there. i heard a bit about it from Steve at SST wen i was getting the pump in. sounds like a similar way i wanna go, id like 350-400rwhp really. but i dont like the sound of the huge lag you have .. so i mite need to tone down max power goals for more driveability, but yeh ill see how i go wen i eventualy get round to turbo selection in 6-8 months or so ! =]

ah the MR30 i own is equiped with drum brakes on the rear. i am curious to know is this the case with all R30's because i am interested in doing a disc brake conversion once the RB25 is running?

i have a 82 5door which came with 4 wheel disks and irs, imports seem to have all disks as well!

its good to see you guys so passionate about your R30's!!

Mine is on the road to recovery, amazingly the biggest dilemma is going to be colour matching now.

could anyone suggest where to find some hotplate style DR30 tail lights as mine were damaged in the accident

mine is ideally going to be a pimp cruiser so its low n phat, loud, and the interior will be blingin' (fluffy)

Mine has been completely converted in the rear end to disc and some other model rear suspension, still has a single spinner though unless its just rooted but i did notice it has F*cken huge drive shafts

i have a 82 5door which came with 4 wheel disks and irs, imports seem to have all disks as well!

Mine has been completely converted in the rear end to disc and some other model rear suspension, still has a single spinner though unless its just rooted but i did notice it has F*cken huge drive shafts

is yours a solid axel or irs?

P.S. i've got a set of tail lights (hotplate) there not dr ones, there like stu-r30s' avatar

LuvDR - ah cool, g/box oil is cool then :) i just hope wen i get this new clutch in there its just that that is making it crunch gears atm, not the g/box itself! lol

got my new Koni's in the rear. cars much better handling and firmer overall. however, its like 1.5" higher at the back now :( like the front is pretty much. has 2 finger gap tyre to guard at the front, and 1.5-2 finger gap tyre to guard at the back. bah humbug, the KYB's it had were height adjustable shocks at their lowest setting, and the konis i have goten arent :(

handles alot beter and shiteload firmer, but feels less stable round sweeping undulations at around 150+ (gets a bit floaty coz it gets air under there i spose :D)

oh well, Kings superlow springs next for suspension i spose ! haha do that in 2-3 weeks time i guess ! =]

DR starting to get fun now though :D slowly fixing the niggles ! alternator to sort out next, coz its loose. haha oh and window seals ... man theres always something else that needs money spent on it! lol