SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey crimmo i was just wondering how much did it cost u to get a RB20DET and where abouts did u get it from. also hows the swap going.

Hey boyd, i bought my RB20DET from Japanese Motorsport, it cost $1650, they were on special and i think they still may be. I also bought a VG30 turbo, 1 piece dump pipe + front pipe and a big f*** off front mount :D

The swap is going a bit slow, wiring looks imposible, and i think i will be taking it to fours'n'more to be wired up.

As for the cooler piping, i think ill run it over the rad pipe, not sure yet though, i will post some picture later today of the conversion so far :)

Coming along wickedly Crimmins mate!! Keep it up!!! Only issue is, ur motor was auto ay?? Is the stock ECU gonna be happy with the now manual conversion??? Just food for thought....Cooler looks like a nice fit to!

Josh i want them cupholders bro they rock :D

Crimmo nice work!Coming together well and should be a sweet ride.

DR JOSH thats one dirty engine!I gather it came of the boat like that as a front cut i just bought was a little grotty also.What did it spin up on the dyno.(Mine also needed people sitting on the boot due to the ark age rear suspension)

http://www.pbase.com/crimmo1/inbox

Here are some pics of the conversion so far

Stu_R30: Any tips for the wiring? How much need to be done before it will start/run? any pics?

i'll try to post up some pics of what my wiring looks like as i didnt do it and it looks like its all over the place, but it works!! also crimmo, those watanabe RS8 rims, what size are they as i'm looking at a set tommorro (ref to post 340 on page 14 for pic) any tips as thier wider than the hayashi's that were on the car to start with!

P.S. my car will be fin and engineered half way through next month in standard power output then once on road, rb25 turbo and unichip running the ECU she should be good for around 180-200rwkws!!

crimmo - to get them four spots on did you change to the r31 gts struts or did you adapt them with the standard mr30 stuff? im looking to do the 4spot converison soon and i have the 31 gts struts. anyone know of and hassles with this? and also crimmo, where did ya get that tower brace thingo (the blue thing) and how much?

also crimmo - was your car auto l24 once and did you get dragged by a trashed r30 with an rb20 down paynhem rd? (a while ago now)

Well you ain't getting the cup holders.

That was standard with a 3" turbo back exhaust. Made 117RWKW. It now has a cooler and some more boost and pulls alot harder yet to see what it makes, but I reckon somewhere round 140. Yep those pics are from it over in Japan still. And the engine bay still hasn't been cleaned to this day. They were the only photos I saw before I bought it and was very happy with it when it came over.

Josh/Crimmo when all our cars are back on the road well go have some cruisy fun and take some happy snaps..Maybe organise some kinda R/HR/DR30 cruise?? Those cup holders will be mine :cheers:

Mike Cash yeah Crimmo's car used to be L24 auto so yeah was prolly his...I beleive that they are S13 struts that he has used in the nose of his car as well, don't quote me exactly on that (my memory is CRAP) but imm pretty sure bout that...He'll explain it when he's on next i guess..

:inlove:

Crimmo nice work!Coming together well and should be a sweet ride.

DR JOSH thats one dirty engine!I gather it came of the boat like that as a front cut i just bought was a little grotty also.What did it spin up on the dyno.(Mine also needed people sitting on the boot due to the ark age rear suspension)

haha yes i do remember sitting on it with it trying to break lose on the dyno good fun :cheers:

josh very nice looking in not too bad condition for its age.

crimmo - to get them four spots on did you change to the r31 gts struts or did you adapt them with the standard mr30 stuff? im looking to do the 4spot converison soon and i have the 31 gts struts. anyone know of and hassles with this? and also crimmo, where did ya get that tower brace thingo (the blue thing) and how much?

also crimmo - was your car auto l24 once and did you get dragged by a trashed r30 with an rb20 down paynhem rd? (a while ago now)

i just picked up a tower brace today $140 for a CUSCO hr30 brace in the same blue, was waiting for whiteline to make them but found this one instead!

problems - got it all wired up, she cranks, sounds like its about to kick over...then just keeps crankin

its got spark and fuel...timing perharps?

just about ready to set it on fire ...

i have this problem with my r31 every once and a while, theres a temp sensor linked to the injectors that plays up, it will shut the injectors off, no fuel flow at all, with my wiring there is a wire running from, ok you know where the radiator connects to the head at the top there are two sensors, now the one closest to the head has a wire running to some wires connecting to a plug at the fire wall where the wiper motor is! there are something like 8-10 wires running into it, different colours, do you have anything like this with your wiring?

Josh/Crimmo when all our cars are back on the road well go have some cruisy fun and take some happy snaps..Maybe organise some kinda R/HR/DR30 cruise??  Those cup holders will be mine ;)

Mike Cash yeah Crimmo lives on Glynburn road bro and his car used to be L24 auto so yeah was prolly his...I beleive that they are S13 struts that he has used in the nose of his car as well, don't quote me exactly on that (my memory is CRAP) but imm pretty sure bout that...He'll explain it when he's on next i guess..

cool. im up for a r30 cruise, that'll be wild, wipe some smiles off some HSV owners faces!

As I said I'll be down for a cruise just gotta get my little bit of damage fixed and front end back on. As would Tom, corey and Aids???? maybe mick if he buys it no doubt. We could get some decent numbers out with all decent cars. Show what old school skylines can do. A couple of weeks till my new clutch will be in. How long are others expecting to be off the road for? Shane not much longer now? crimmo?