SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i got my konis they also had (camber tops)? that came with the shocks, don't know if they were an extra needed as the car had the electronic (hard/soft) tops before?? i have the orange konis like the ones on e-bay they are height and firmness (harder/softer)adjustable!

not sure i havent checked... im more concerned about the rears

the rear should be fine as there not inserts but bolt ins, if any thing they may be slightly shorter, if you look at your centre console just up from the shifter there would be a switch to select hard or soft front shock settings!

didnt get to use it on the r30 but did test drive a r31 gts-x with the same system and you can tell the difference with cornering! if you don't have it then the front insert should bolt right up to the existing tops!

Question time from the lad in adelaide...Stock ECU and stock injectors..Are they going to able to work with my VG30 turbo and FMIC?? Im worried about leaning the motor out and blowing it, my mate had a S4 RX7 that im getting the injectors out of very soon (he just maxed them @ 8psi at only 6000rpm) and getting aftermarket ECU eventually, but i wanna know if im going to able to actually drive the thing or if its going to sit in the driveway for nother 6 months whilst i save for all that!!

when putting a vg30 on a rb, do all the oil lines etc line up exact or what?

also, i've got the dr30 (fj20) dash in mine, any one know how to hook up the tach... i mean the tach signal is one wire, but there's 3 on the back of the tacho, (i'd assume signal, earth and power?) and also will the signal direct from the computer run the tacho accurately or at all?

also, i've got the dr30 (fj20) dash in mine, any one know how to hook up the tach... i mean the tach signal is one wire, but there's 3 on the back of the tacho, (i'd assume signal, earth and power?) and also will the signal direct from the computer run the tacho accurately or at all?

asked the same ? got no responce, you may have more trouble than me as the fj being a four would have a different signal to the rb, i've got to a point where i've done a transplant from my 5door dash of the tacho as its a 6cyl version but no good, i fixed my speedo the same way but no go with the tacho!

asked the same ? got no responce, you may have more trouble than me as the fj being a four would have a different signal to the rb, i've got to a point where i've done a transplant from my 5door dash of the tacho as its a 6cyl version but no good, i fixed my speedo the same way but no go with the tacho!

u may require a resistor somewhere in your dash, i know when u put an SR20DET in a Bluebird to get the tacho to work you solder a resistor inbetween the signal and another wire (think earth??) on the back of a tacho, id imagine its the same.

I'm thinking .... old 302 .... old skylines.... old 302..... old skyline, as I sold my Mr30 for cheap.... Maybe organise putting 302 in old skyline.....

Fun, Fun,, burning fun...

as soon as i read this i pictured twin exhausts sticking out the rear of a r30 :headspin:

I would imagine they are the same, as its the same turbo just bigger in physical size internally

u may require a resistor somewhere in your dash, i know when u put an SR20DET in a Bluebird to get the tacho to work you solder a resistor inbetween the signal and another wire (think earth??) on the back of a tacho, id imagine its the same.

i gave up after last weekend and added 400 to my budget for a 5" tacho with shift light, that is alot more cost effective than trucking the car to a auto sparkie to fix it! looks better too! i will look into it though thanks..

a mate at work told me about the need for speed forum the other day as someone there has created a dr30 to race in the pc version but found this as well. onyone know the side skirts at all?