SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

hey guys Im thinking of buying a r30 paul newmans edition for $500 (NZ $)

but there is something wrong with the injectors or comp, when the battery is connected they start pumping gas in even when the key is out of the ignition, what could it be? computer? dodgy wireing?

sounds like a realy problem. the r30's are getting old so the wiring starts to pack up. i woiuld look at the realys, i had a current problem with the whole fuel intection system shutting off. "saftey" ? took my fuse box of it mounts,. and it stoped. it could of also been my voltage regulator in my alternator spiking liking it was and killing it

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys Im thinking of buying a r30 paul newmans edition for $500 (NZ $)

but there is something wrong with the injectors or comp, when the battery is connected they start pumping gas in even when the key is out of the ignition, what could it be? computer? dodgy wireing?

is there a new fuel pump as its sound like they wired it up hell wrong, it would be a OZ $50 part to fix and the sparkies time $$ as well?

it could be fuel pump, there is a seperate wire thats brown that is always live even without the key in its that is causing the injector to pump gas when u hook it up to the battery and when that wasnt connected the fuel pump wasnt going either.

Listen guys, tell me how to posat thumbnails on this site and I will put up the short shifter pic for all to see.

And I saw someone advertising a Paul Newman, claiming as a "one off" in Australia, but you have, as you say 3 down in SA, there is mine in Sydney, there must be more in the country, doesn't someone in WA have one on this forum.

I was chatting to one of my friends in Adelaide just yesterday, and looking forward to getting mine finished, as I will take it down there for a cruise, might get in run in properly quickly.

Cheers

Can anyone get their hands on a drivers side head light for a DR30 Iron mask, had a slight bingle and smashed one. Need one desperatly as it goin in to get fixed soon.

Josh,

You tried Jaustech in Adelaide, the import a few of them.

If no good, give me a call, or contact Just Jap at Kirrawee NSW, they have a front cut advertised in the latest Zoom magazine #76. Ph: (02) 9545 0532. Be careful as they're pricy, I enquired recently for a grille and lower lip spoiler and they wanted $150.00 each.

Cheers, Dennis

Sams IS the Adelaide Paul Newman, its standard apart from a turbo that is apparently a "triple hybrid", filter and exhaust.  Its bloody clean though, and it sounds sweet, but its slow.  Sam reckoned that my car was noticably faster when he went in it... which is when it had a huge boost leak.  And now that mine doesnt have a leak, its much quicker

How many are there in Australia now?  When Ivan was advertising his he said there was only three... his, Pauls (now Sams) and another one that was in either Sydney or Melbourne

I still doubt that the Newmans had 200hp standard, or even much more than 145.

Shit, my Charade GTti must have been a monster... stock except for the exhaust it ran a 16.7 (granny launched... just drove it normally (ie sloooowly) off the line) but at 85mph lol

BTW Sam lives in the house behind mine :)

Adam/Sam,

Does he want a complete L20ET engine assembly?

Got mine for FREE, just pay the frieght to Adelaide from Sydney. I can probably arrange it for under $50.00 if you could pick it up from the depot.

I am taking the induction & exhaust system and any external parts I need to put on my MR30 L24E, probably take the tuebo rocker cover as well, but internals not going to be touched. Genuine 157K.

My PN is actually an 84 2 door, but import papers say 1982, it was imported in 1997, so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what happened, no compliance plates to be found.

I have a small problem, the colour scheme is White/Silver, does anyone know the colours or their codes?

Anything on the compliance plates???

i think you'll find that the ones ghostrider and i are talking of are not STANDARD and you are on the mark with your stock power figures give or take! :)

you might be able to answer a question though! were the paul neumans released in 2 or 4 door version as my mates is a 4 door and he seem to think they were only ever released in the 4 door version??

I wasn't aware of a 4 door version of Paul Newman Version, only 2 doors, as it was released as a limited edition thing to celebrate the winning of the US Touring Car Championships, by Paul Newman.

I know of 4 door DR30's but not PN's.

I wasn't aware of a 4 door version of Paul Newman Version, only 2 doors, as it was released as a limited edition thing to celebrate the winning of the US Touring Car Championships, by Paul Newman.

I know of 4 door DR30's but not PN's.

??? thats what i through 2doors only for PN but his is full badged signed and has the interior!! hes not going to be happy about that! it runs the l20et so its not a dr either?? i also saw that 2door PN for sale which is what made me ask roy if there were 2door and 4door, i know of another PN that sold for $10000 on the other side of brizzy that is a 2door as well

Adam/Sam,

Does he want a complete L20ET engine assembly?

Got mine for FREE, just pay the frieght to Adelaide from Sydney. I can probably arrange it for under $50.00 if you could pick it up from the depot.

I am taking the induction & exhaust system and any external parts I need to put on my MR30 L24E, probably take the tuebo rocker cover as well, but internals not going to be touched. Genuine 157K.

My PN is actually an 84 2 door, but import papers say 1982, it was imported in 1997, so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what happened, no compliance plates to be found.

I have a small problem, the colour scheme is White/Silver, does anyone know the colours or their codes?

Anything on the compliance plates???

with the paint i went to the nissan place here on the coast and they told me it should be on the manufactures plate on the fire wall, mines in japanese yours would be too! thats not to much help !! the black rocker cover with turbo on it does add that edge!