SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres only one Paul Newman in SA, Ivan said when he was selling his last year that there were only 3 in Australia

Where was this one advertised  and how much?

Adam & all,

The Paul Newman Version

Just heard from a contact in Japan and he tells me a 4 door sedan version was made between 1983/5. A lot rarer than the 2 door, but was made and does exist.

My query is, how many actually exist in Australia, so anyone that has one please get in touch. Would also like to know how they're marked, colour schemes etc, etc.

My own version is 2 tone, white over silver and has the signature as a decal on the sides as well as the gold badge on the back beside the number plate, but most I have seen just have the gold badge on the back.

Please all owners get in touch with vin/body numbers etc for identification.

Thanks, Dennis

Adam & all,

The Paul Newman Version

Just heard from a contact in Japan and he tells me a 4 door sedan version was made between 1983/5. A lot rarer than the 2 door, but was made and does exist.

My query is, how many actually exist in Australia, so anyone that has one please get in touch. Would also like to know how they're marked, colour schemes etc, etc.

My own version is 2 tone, white over silver and has the signature as a decal on the sides as well as the gold badge on the back beside the number plate, but most I have seen just have the gold badge on the back.

Please all owners get in touch with vin/body numbers etc for identification.

Thanks,  Dennis

that luck bastard, i'll have to try to catch up with him as i've lost his number and hes moved to the other side of dreamworld too, his is all white with grey and red interior, has red and white GT badges on the front panels and the signature on the back next to the turbo sohc badges, electric front bucket seats and the rear is set out for 2 pls. :(

Last time I enquired Jaustech wanted $250 for a headlight.

now thats inflation for ya!! we'll all be driving like grandpas soon so we don't have to replace these things $$$ :kick:

Just Jap at Kirrawee wants $150.00 each for his.

And I got a few sets and i'm keeping them, just in case.

Just sold a set to Stu_bear for his, along with complete Iron Mask front, but the rest are going on ice. Shit! in a couple of years I might be the only one with them eh!

Stocking up on parts does pay off.

that luck bastard, i'll have to try to catch up with him as i've lost his number and hes moved to the other side of dreamworld too, his is all white with grey and red interior, has red and white GT badges on the front panels and the signature on the back next to the turbo sohc badges,  electric front bucket seats and the rear is set out for 2 pls. :(

BUT!!!!! you really wouldn't want a 4 door in any case, SURELY!!!!!!!

I can't fit in a 4 door, at 192 tall I was gunna be sitting in the back seat of my MR30 Hatch. I was more than appreciative when my 2 door Paul Newman came along.

There was one sold in Sydney recently for $10000.00 that I am trying to track down.

BUT!!!!! you really wouldn't want a 4 door in any case, SURELY!!!!!!!

I can't fit in a 4 door, at 192 tall I was gunna be sitting in the back seat of my MR30 Hatch. I was more than appreciative when my 2 door Paul Newman came along.

There was one sold in Sydney recently for $10000.00 that I am trying to track down.

i was just meaning hes got the rearest of the rear, i'm 187cm and with the flat drivers seat in mine even all the way back me knees are still sticking up in the air banging on the steering wheel. i put the mr30 adjustable seat in and thats alot better but id have to get it re trimed due to the condition its in so went for a new one and its perfect now!! those japanese are alittle too short!!

Just Jap at Kirrawee wants $150.00 each for his.

And I got a few sets and i'm keeping them, just in case.

Just sold a set to Stu_bear for his, along with complete Iron Mask front, but the rest are going on ice. Shit! in a couple of years I might be the only one with them eh!

Stocking up on parts does pay off.

Bah u should try crashing one and then having to find a WHOLE front end for a tekaman :( I paid $1800 for everything (am still waiting for it all as well)..But i just bought a tekamen bonnet as well...$450!!! OUCH!!!

On better news though, finally got my clutch!! Goin in this weekend, its mint as!! :kick: :flower: :wavey:

Bah u should try crashing one and then having to find a WHOLE front end for a tekaman :(  I paid $1800 for everything (am still waiting for it all as well)..But i just bought a tekamen bonnet as well...$450!!!  OUCH!!!

On better news though, finally got my clutch!! Goin in this weekend, its mint as!!   :kick:  :flower:  :wavey:

$1800.00 faaaaarrrrrk! that's steep.

Glad I accumulated a bit of gear, cause I have, for my iron mask, 2 spare grilles, 2 pairs of front guards, 1 spare bonnet, 2 pairs of headlights, 3 sets of tail lights, 3 spare radiator/thermo fan assemblies, 1 radiator support panel, 3 spare bumpers etc, etc.

Should be right for a bingle or 2, but don't plan on any, cheap insurance having the spares.

As a matter of interest, what clutch set ups do you have?

I thought all Paul newmans had the grey/silver and black interior?

Adam,

My contact in Japan tells me his is Metallic Blue, I guess same as our MR30 sedan dark blue, but his interior is black, grey & red. He says he has had it for 15 years and only one other exists in that colour, he has seen in that time.

He also tells me that the WHITE is code # 002 & the metallic silver is # 028 & the combination of the 2 is # 441, if your interested for future referrence.

Mine is black/grey, but will change a little as completion gets nearer.

I am thinking of getting the instrument surround, centre surround & console done in this carbon fibre look finish, as the silver faces are looking a bit ordinary and I have some poverty pack black faced parts in mint condition, but all black will look a bit bland I thought.

The SAAS Enforcers are going to be retrimmed in black with grey/red inserts, similar to VN SS trim, 2 tone grey with the red fleck. Keeping the door trims as is for now, with black plush pile carpet on the floor.

As I have said before, I stand 192 and standard height seating does not allow space for me with a helmet on, so have had to lower the seating about 100mm, they are mounted on 12mm alloy plate (aircraft grade) & the tracks mounted to the underside of the plate.

I have a set of Z32 front buckets with all electric drivers seat, but on full down, is same height as standard, so if anybody wants a grouse pair of front seats, they might be up for grabs. The drivers seat is for & aft, lumber, up & down, side wings, all electric adjustable.

Ive found out that the Paul Newman edition I am buying, does not have the original engine, no lsd and no electric seats, someones has butchered it :(, how hard would it be to find an Lsd for it?

Easy as if you got AU$1500.00.

How many you want??? and what ratio??? 3.9:1, 4.1:1, 4.3:1, 4.4:1???

$1800.00 faaaaarrrrrk! that's steep.

Glad I accumulated a bit of gear, cause I have, for my iron mask, 2 spare grilles, 2 pairs of front guards, 1 spare bonnet, 2 pairs of headlights, 3 sets of tail lights, 3 spare radiator/thermo fan assemblies, 1 radiator support panel, 3 spare bumpers etc, etc.

Should be right for a bingle or 2, but don't plan on any, cheap insurance having the spares.

As a matter of interest, what clutch set ups do you have?

As apposed to paying Nissan $1200 for a RS-x spoiler which isnt even painted yet??? I don't think i was doing to bad of a job with it all..This will be the first and last tie its crashed though, way to much of a head**** with it all!!

I just got an OS Giken twin plate clutch for mine with a very lightened flywheel ha!

Ghostrider : Out of interest have u actually got an R200 in one of those ratios?? Mines currently got the 3.9 ratio in it and i want something a little higher!!

As apposed to paying Nissan $1200 for a RS-x spoiler which isnt even painted yet???  I don't think i was doing to bad of a job with it all..This will be the first and last tie its crashed though, way to much of a head**** with it all!!

I just got an OS Giken twin plate clutch for mine with a very lightened flywheel ha!

Ghostrider : Out of interest have u actually got an R200 in one of those ratios??  Mines currently got the 3.9 ratio in it and i want something a little higher!!

HIGHER?????????

You absolutely sure???????

You mean higher numbers or higher ratio???

Sorry I meant the black interior with the grey/silver inserts. I've never seen one (or pics) with the red insert interior (or any exterior colour other than white for that matter... do you have pics of yours :D)

I picked up a Recaro for mine today at Jaustech, its a bit thrashed out but had the most aggressive bolsters of all their seats. Also got a GReddy adjustable overboost valve

I need to get the rails done for the seat though

I take it noone has replaced the bushes in their block to strut tower brace??????

btw Ghostrider... do you have two coupes?