SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tomj: i might know someone who'd be interested but thier here on the other side of OZ, post up what needs to be done to finish her and i'll let him , took him for a fang in mine  :devfu: and hes rather impressed...

I'm the dude that's interested. I went for a drive in his rs-x and fell in love :D I just need to know what needs to be done to register it and some more pics of the car the way it is. I have no problems with shipping, I shipped my thirty two skyline from perth when I moved to QLD.

yeah bit of a problem - got everything hooked up bar the PS, taken it for a spin and it doesnt seem to want to go over 2k rpm

gets to about 2 grand then just wont go over, sh!ts itself till i back off. does it in all gears

checked the microtech handset, reads upto about 4-5 psi by about 2k rpm before it craps out, but theres no warnings coming up or anything. its like its in limp home mode or something

any ideas people cause its sh!tting me hard.

side note - sounds like its running less a cylinder or two so im thinking coils/leads etc..??

thats the LIMP mode on the ECU something to do with the sensors not reading all the right info, when its sitting there does is soundlike a WRX as that happened to me and all i did was check the ECU was connected properly!! bingo.. i'll get some pics of the wiring for mine, just to see if theres anything you may need???

hey all.

I want jap spec tailights for my R30. does anyone want to sell some, or can tell me where to get them.

Also, what is the door lock timer under the drivers seat of Aussie Ti skylines?

I wanna know what it does, also i have a spare one out of a wreck.

and if anyone wants a L24E ecu. i have a spare one of those also. plus an auto trans.

yeah sounds like a rex, im thinking 'hmm somethings wrong here'...

anyways will get it dyno tuned so those dudes can sort it out.

exhaust is - 3inch dump/front - vl cat(which will make way for a replacement pipe after engineers), catback 3inch w/1 resonator, hks hiper muff, 3" in, 4 1/2 out - go the milo tin!

hey all.  

I want jap spec tailights for my R30.   does anyone want to sell some, or can tell me where to get them.

Also, what is the door lock timer under the drivers seat of Aussie Ti skylines?

I wanna know what it does, also i have a spare one out of a wreck.

and if anyone wants a L24E ecu. i have a spare one of those also.  plus an auto trans.

L24E ECU's play a very important part in our ecological status these days.

They make VERY GOOD LANDFIL!!!!!

Jap Hot Plate tail lights are RARE, try SSS Automotive or Just Jap, or Option 1 etc, try all the importers, PARTS IMPORTERS that is.

All I suggest, I keeping my spare set, or hang on, what you got now?

You got Genuine 84/5 Aussie Tail Lights?????

Let me know if you have.

On the topic of taillights anyone have any idea how to get the crud fro the corners of the indicators on my hotplates? ive used exit mould, scrubbed, but i cannot get down into the corners, and they don't come apart.

i will try to get pics up

yeah sounds like a rex, im thinking 'hmm somethings wrong here'...

anyways will get it dyno tuned so those dudes can sort it out.

exhaust is - 3inch dump/front - vl cat(which will make way for a replacement pipe after engineers), catback 3inch w/1 resonator,  hks hiper muff, 3" in, 4 1/2 out - go the milo tin!

i dont think a dyno tune will help as the limp mode is based around engine problems and wont change till the problem is fixed, sensors not sending all the info to the ECU... i've just had a 2 1/2" cat back system put on my r31 and that makes me think the r30 has a 3" system on it already so might just update the final cannon and get a new front pipe made up...

just looking through that website again and found this one, this is what i want mine to look like when she's finished, one day!! that is the kind of rear wing i want and a nice new front bar, something like the one ghostrider posted up resprayed would be great. looks like i'm a long way off!!

Some have asked before and this is my Paul Newman as it was purchased. Note the directional wheels, the dick I bought it off had directional tyres on directional wheels all going in the wrong direction.

Go figure, some mother's do have em eh!!!

It's now lower & different wheels.

Haven't done the frontal labotomy yet, but as those pics come to hand I will post them as well

Some have asked before and this is my Paul Newman as it was purchased. Note the directional wheels, the dick I bought it off had directional tyres on directional wheels all going in the wrong direction.  

Go figure, some mother's do have em eh!!!  

It's now lower & different wheels.

Haven't done the frontal labotomy yet, but as those pics come to hand I will post them as well

looks like a tidy r30 you've got your self there ghostrider!! :nowigetit

Hi All,

I currently own a 1982 DR30 Skyline 2 Door Coupe. Its got 168000 original km's on the clock (not too bad for a 22 year old car eh?). The engine is still in really good nick but like all FJ20ET's is in need of paint on the intake manifold.

Mods include:

* Lowered 2 inches all round

* 16 x 7 Volk Racing rims

* 3" turbo back stainless exhaust, with resonator to a 4" titanium rear cannon

* R34 GTT seats fitted to the front.

* Alpine stereo

* 15% tinted windows

* Omori Boost Guage

* KnN Pod Filter

* 3 point Alarm + Immobiliser + Central Locking

* Greddy Turbo Timer

And thats all I can think of at the moment. I've now realised that the car is going to be more work than I've thought, as I would never be entirely happy with it as it doesnt have all the mod-cons. What are your thought on this and what do you think I could get for it??

Hi All,

I currently own a 1982 DR30 Skyline 2 Door Coupe.  Its got 168000 original km's on the clock (not too bad for a 22 year old car eh?).  The engine is still in really good nick but like all FJ20ET's is in need of paint on the intake manifold.  Mods include:

* Alpine stereo

* 15% tinted windows

* Omori Boost Guage

* KnN Pod Filter

And thats all I can think of at the moment.  I've now realised that the car is going to be more work than I've thought, as I would never be entirely happy with it as it doesnt have all the mod-cons.  What are your thought on this and what do you think I could get for it??

if its registered and in good nick anywhere from $9000 to $13000 most of the time its what the bloke can afford at the time, a hr30 2door with a rb20det sold for over $10000 in the last 6 months....your reads and looks quite good.

Hi All,

I currently own a 1982 DR30 Skyline 2 Door Coupe.  Its got 168000 original km's on the clock (not too bad for a 22 year old car eh?).  The engine is still in really good nick but like all FJ20ET's is in need of paint on the intake manifold.  Mods include:

* Alpine stereo

* 15% tinted windows

* Omori Boost Guage

* KnN Pod Filter

And thats all I can think of at the moment.  I've now realised that the car is going to be more work than I've thought, as I would never be entirely happy with it as it doesnt have all the mod-cons.  What are your thought on this and what do you think I could get for it??

Hey man,

What sort of mod cons do you want?

You must have AIR, STEER & POWER WINDOWS, the 82 model would have these.

You have the best god damn car ever built and you want mod cons as well! And with the mods you mention, a half quick one as well!!!

You are difficult to please :ufo:

Nar my car doesnt have power windows or steer, does have air con but no gas and if I was to fit a FMIC, the air con would have to go. I think the power options came in the 83 model, or maybe mine is just a poverty spec.

Ive heard rust in the strut towers is a common problem with the R30 as there is 3 layers of sheet metal there and the water gets in between the layers and rusts it out. I just dont know whether I can justify spending $20000 on a DR30 (as rare as they are) when I can sell it and go back to a small 4 cyl, where i can actually have it comprehensively insured. I would lose to much if it were to be stolen or written off.

Thanks for the comments to guys... appreciate it....

i dont use my aircon neway so i dont mind losing it on my DR30. its still there atm tho til i get big FMIC in. i just wind the windows down!

power windows ... would be good but meh its not that bad and if you want them, just go to an alarm fitter place and theyll get u the solenoids and chuck em in hooked up to your alarm for a couple of hundred or so, no big deal.

u sure yours doesnt have power steering? well i mean i guess u'd know lol. hm no power ive read does suck, very heavy steering. mine is 83, does have power steering. its a heavy power steering (i.e. u cant palm the wheel or anything like that) and u gota realy grab hold of it if u intend to turn a corner sharply with one hand, but i guess itd be better than no power steering.

but power steering cant even be that much to get?

i spose its up to you,. .. thats what seperates car owners i guess. i went from a Mirage (96) to an S13 sil80 (92) to the DR30 (83) and i dont mind it. never use aircon (uses more fuel and takes power) so i can live with it. the DR is more raw but i like that in a car.

though i do sometimes think that the outside look/"coolness" of the car that people perceive does become a bit tarnished when you actually own it yourself. (becomes more of a hassle and u notice things more than just its rarity and "angry" looks =])

just take some newer cars for a spin and see i guess? though remember youll probably never own one again or anyone you know so make sure ur over it before you sell it ... plenty of time for boring "modern" cars when your old and have a family! :D