SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

Thats true, I love the car, but too much money has to be spent to make it go quick and you can onl do the speed limit. Heres a list of stuff that would I think it needs in order for me to be happy with it (I've already price it all up)

* $1300 on suspension

* $4500 on paint work + rust

* $1000 on retriming interior

* $1200 on FMIC

* $2500 on Autronich Engine Management

_____

$8500 + all the incidentals along the way

Plus the fact its still a 22 year old car, no insurance (only 3rd party)

The other side of the story is if I sell my Excel I shared with my old man, I get the money from the sale of a car, but only if I spend it on a new car and not an import. Hard 2 decide!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true, I love the car, but too much money has to be spent to make it go quick and you can only do the speed limit. Heres a list of stuff that I would think it needs in order for me to be happy with it (I've already price it all up)

* $1300 on suspension

* $4500 on paint work + rust

* $1000 on retriming interior

* $1200 on FMIC

* $2500 on Autronich Engine Management

_____

$8500 + all the incidentals along the way

Plus the fact its still a 22 year old car, no insurance (only 3rd party)

The other side of the story is if I sell my Excel I shared with my old man, I get the money from the sale of a car, but only if I spend it on a new car and not an import. Hard 2 decide!!

']i dont use my aircon neway so i dont mind losing it on my DR30. its still there atm tho til i get big FMIC in. i just wind the windows down!

power windows ... would be good but meh its not that bad and if you want them, just go to an alarm fitter place and theyll get u the solenoids and chuck em in hooked up to your alarm for a couple of hundred or so, no big deal.

u sure yours doesnt have power steering? well i mean i guess u'd know lol. hm no power ive read does suck, very heavy steering. mine is 83, does have power steering. its a heavy power steering (i.e. u cant palm the wheel or anything like that) and u gota realy grab hold of it if u intend to turn a corner sharply with one hand, but i guess itd be better than no power steering.

but power steering cant even be that much to get?

i spose its up to you,. .. thats what seperates car owners i guess. i went from a Mirage (96) to an S13 sil80 (92) to the DR30  (83) and i dont mind it. never use aircon (uses more fuel and takes power) so i can live with it. the DR is more raw but i like that in a car.

though i do sometimes think that the outside look/"coolness" of the car that people perceive does become a bit tarnished when you actually own it yourself. (becomes more of a hassle and u notice things more than just its rarity and "angry" looks =])

just take some newer cars for a spin and see i guess? though remember youll probably never own one again or anyone you know so make sure ur over it before you sell it ... plenty of time for boring "modern" cars when your old and have a family! :D

Careful with the old & family bit fella, I got both. :rofl:

But have to admit, it not my only car.

Got to have a racer just to keep the adrenalin rushin'.

As for Insurance, what's wrong with Shannon's, they will cover it FULL COMPREHENSIVE.

Cheers

yeah hi all, i have not been on the forum for a while as been busy with school, but...

does anybody know of some better injectors than the stock ones i have on my mr30 with l24e engine. If so would getting new injectors increase the fuel consumption of my car and would it add any preformance.

Thanks Josh

The bigger injectors will be pumping a certain amount more petrol per minute than the standard ones, so you will use more fuel..... but what type of fuel pump do you have, as pump and injectors go hand in hand

The bigger injectors will be pumping a certain amount more petrol per minute than the standard ones, so you will use more fuel..... but what type of fuel pump do you have, as pump and injectors go hand in hand

yeah i just have a stock fuel pump, what type of fuel pump would u recomend if i did go ahead with the new injectors. I think that first though i would have to a bigger thottle body as the air fuel mix is still quite fuel strong, all i got on is a k&n panel.

alas I am.... the autronich is out of the reach at the moment..... what power out put in rwkw should a FJ20ET, with mandrel 3" turbo back exhaust, pod filter, GTR type FMIC, all on standard ECU, AFM, Fuel Pump + Injectors???

are you suing the stock ecu? then a injector change will make it run ritch majorly and proabably wouldnt idle that well

yeah i do have the stock ecu i heard they r not the best as well, what could i do to make it not run so rich eg more econominal

:wavey:

well the injectors alone are not that bad, you can get larges amount of power of them, for example. rb20det has 270cc injectors. and you can get 320-50 hp out of them happly.

i would look at possibly VR4 injectors which are 400cc if you really want to, im not sure they will fit, but i would just get it tunned.

alas I am.... the autronich is out of the reach at the moment..... what power out put in rwkw should a FJ20ET, with mandrel 3" turbo back exhaust, pod filter, GTR type FMIC, all on standard ECU, AFM, Fuel Pump + Injectors???

now that depepnds on what version fj20et you have. there were 3 diffrent steps. intercooled ect. most common ones made around 140-150 flywheel KW.

but say with your spec's and if its intecooled. could be around the 180rwkw :rofl:

Mine with pretty much the same mods, running about 12psi made 149.8 rwkw a few weeks ago, running very slightly lean.

dude i would so buy your dr30, but i got too many cars sittin around here!

is your car in your avatar? if so its sweet

by the way i have an '82 with power steer and air con, no pwr windows though

my mate has an '84 and that doesn't have air con or pwr steer or pwr windows

dude i would so buy your dr30, but i got too many cars sittin around here!

is your car in your avatar? if so its sweet

by the way i have an '82 with power steer and air con, no pwr windows though

my mate has an '84 and that doesn't have air con or pwr steer or pwr windows

What you think of these?????