SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got my car sorted - took it for a spin and...hello boost

noticed a few things - brakes need serious attention, tailshaft hits somewhere and also i cant get the grin off my face hehehe

i found that the changes i made to the brakes are great (for now) r32 master cylinder, slotted rotors and good pads, but if you do some minor changes you'll notice a change! pads, fluid, machine the rotors things along those lines, in the wet the other day pulled the car up from 140km to 40km in around 60m, dont think i've had a car with that kind of stopping control, i do have brand new tryes on though!

mate it goes a bit better than the L20et dosent it, i run mine around the block a few times with no intercooler and then once the cooler was hooked up took her to work with me :aroused: mate the boost on mine kicks the rears around a bit, worth all the money i've spent so far the first time i dropped the clutch :headspin:

ANYONE NEED ANY BITS FOR THERE CARS AS I'M TAKING MY MR30 HATCH TO MY MACHANIC ON TUE TO TAKE THE REAR CALLIPARS OFF AND THEN TAKE IT TO THE WRECKERS SO IF YOU NEED STUFF PM ME AS IT'LL BE AT POSTAGE COST TO YOU?? cheers.. Matt

']arent those flares for 31's though? hmm id be interested but i just dont have big enough dish & spacers to make use of em! would make my wheels look tiny! lol

They are! BUT!!!! if you go to the Jenesis site, www.r30.co.jp and open the BODY link, you will find "Fender Trims" and the picture of the carbon bonnet shows them, they look identical to these R31 flares.

I don't know if we need them unless using huge wheels, like 9 inch + wide.

I am not going to fit them until after the adjustable rear goes in, to see if & when the rear wheels are at zero camber and toe, how they sit in relation to the body, and I have 16 x 8's all round.

Cheers. :ghost:

They are! BUT!!!! if you go to the Jenesis site, www.r30.co.jp and open the BODY link, you will find "Fender Trims" and the picture of the carbon bonnet shows them, they look identical to these R31 flares.

I don't know if we need them unless using huge wheels, like 9 inch + wide.

I am not going to fit them until after the adjustable rear goes in, to see if & when the rear wheels are at zero camber and toe, how they sit in relation to the body, and I have 16 x 8's all round.

Cheers. :ghost:

i'd say they would be good if we were looking at the gtr brake upgrade as i have 7" and 7.5" wide rims and they fit perfectly if i run the gtr front brake set up and these rims i'd have 1/2" gap!

RE: Flares

You'd have to have some pretty wicked offset wheels to make use of them I think.I have 9inch rears,on an HR31,and I know they're different,but they it good.Also a mate's old DR30 had 9" rears,and fitted snug also.They were Sparco Python2's though,so not that deep a dish.....

Also,I think the local boys are getting them done from fibreglass?

RE: Flares

You'd have to have some pretty wicked offset wheels to make use of them I think.I have 9inch rears,on an HR31,and I know they're different,but they it good.Also a mate's old DR30 had 9" rears,and fitted snug also.They were Sparco Python2's though,so not that deep a dish.....

Also,I think the local boys are getting them done from fibreglass?

If you went back a few pages to the link rsx84 posted about the Japan R30 Meeting, it was then discussed on wether these flares were available here???

I simply say, they are and from where. R31 Skyline Club are getting them made locally (Sydney).

I don't think they are necessary either, but I won't know for sure untill I get my camber on the rear wheels sorted out. Once I get the rear wheels to zero or -1 max, I won't know if they are needed.

I have 16 x 8's on now and they sit fine, neatly inside the body without rolling the guard lip, and the wheels are +38 offset, (std is +25) and I still clear the coilovers on the inside.

I don't know if I can get 9's on, but I will see later down the track.

hey guys i finally got a chance 2 check out the site again...jeez u guys have written alot!

hey rsx im interested in a few parts... like power mirror system, front guards in good nick, rear struts for the hatch, etc etc...could u pm me a list or something?

I have 16 x 8's on now and they sit fine, neatly inside the body without rolling the guard lip, and the wheels are +38 offset, (std is +25) and I still clear the coilovers on the inside.

hmm interesting.. i had 17x7 +38 offset wheels on mine and they sat in the guards terrible, had about 7-10mm clearance between the strut and tyre.

and they also rubbed on radius rods on full lock

s13 coilovers almost bolt in, the front strut tops are the same patten, for the rears i swapped strut tops. They work a treat for me and so do the big brakes, i bought a set of JIC coilovers for $500 :)

On the topic of custom parts, Ghostrider is right, its cheaper to have them made, at the moment i have a half cage, castor rods, adjustable front control arms, rear strut brace, rose jointed swaybar links, rear floor brace, custom oil catch can, custom inlet plenum and a few other items being made up here in adelaide for a reasonable price.

You can slot one of the swingarm mounts safely to correct camber problem in the r30s, works a treat, but be cafefull who does it, best left to an engineer.

Picked up an LSD on the weekend at a cheap price, but its a 3.9 ratio, i was looking for a 4.4, does anyone have an R200 open wheeler, or crownwheel and pinion in a 4.4 or 4.6? I plan on swaping the LSD into a housing with 4.4 or 4.6 ratios.

Also picked up a very thick K-mac front swaybar.

Im interested in a t-shirt too :D

OK just a quick question when i got my dr30 "iron mask" months and months ago the iron mask was coming off at the RHF section. The question being how do i fix this? is as simple as a industrial staple or some sort of clamp? the thing is it was attached by the japs with what looks like masking tape, interesting? Another quicky can we install a australian standard battery, is there enough room? actually theres another one do i have to buy the window seals or can i get them made up by someone?

I know these are dumb questions, but still....