SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

question - for the firing order on an rb20, how do i run the leads to the coil packs.

is it sparky one to coil one, s2 to coil 2 etc...

or is it sparky 1 to coil one, sparky 2 to coil 5, sparky 3 to coil 3???

assuming the firing order to be 1-5-3-6-2-4

if anyone understands what im rambling about

STU

Going to DRIFT meet at Oran Park now! but will ask the MANWELL when I get back and let you know. :ghost:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha got the f*cker going!

fixed the leads up then there was no fuel pressure but its fixed now hahahha i love it

started it up with just the 3inch dump on there hehe solid shit. sounds mad

anyways thanks all for the replies, will add another post when i get more done.

yeah ghostrider is 1-5-3-6-2-4, good stuff

let us know how the meet goes i wana see pics

nothing yet.

ive got a gtr cooler going in just had to get it going before i get my cooler dude to mount it all up.

actually i sized it up....is gunna take some cutting to get it to fit but will work/look the goods

my cars going in monday for the piping as the cooler was fitted a week, will get quote on full 3" system at the same time! is your 3" dump from the turbo to the cat or something else?

i'll get a quote on turbo back 3" hi flow cat and decent final, hoping it'll end around the $1200 mark or i'll have to put of engineering it for two weeks or so, i looked in to hi tech mufflers here on the coast as they make a stainless cat back system for the r30 at $1600 plus $600 for the turbo to cat front pipe, abit X'ie but probibly money well spent?

Hey guys,

been a while since i've posted, thought i'd get some opinion's on an engine transplant, since the recent death of my fj...i'm thinking of either going another fj20 or an rb20det. Is the rb a fairly straightforward fit? What would be the major costs involved of a conversion?

hey thats true tomj, the the fj20 definately feels alot more torquier down low!

although i'm having trouble finding an fj20 for a decent price...justjap have a halfcut for 2500...i've tried alot of the usual place but no one has any in stock.

also i'm a bit concerned of the condition of a used fj.

i've had a few quotes for a rebuild, but i think my head's gone too..

Hey guys,

been a while since i've posted, thought i'd get some opinion's on an engine transplant, since the recent death of my fj...i'm thinking of either going another fj20 or an rb20det. Is the rb a fairly straightforward fit? What would be the major costs involved of a conversion?

I'm in the same boat as you, whereas my fj20 only has 80 000k's the N/A power just doesn't do it for my heavy dr30. I just don't know what to drop in, im looking in the fj20et region but they are quite expensive now and a reconditioning would be a must. But then again i just brought the latest issue of ZOOM magazine and they have a fj20 power build story which has renewed my vigour for the mighty fj20. It all really comes done to costs and how much work your willing to do yourself, where a fj20 will slip in the rb20 is a tight fit and needs a lot of wiring adjustments and such which if your planning on paying someone to do it, it ends up being quite expensive whereas the fj20 may appear more expensive, its not just easier to fit, tune for the car it ends up being cheaper.

Sorry for the long post. ;)

If you buy a front cut, or engine conversion package, which will come with the engine harness and ecu, all the electrics can nearly be done yourself.

I am no auto elec, and I am doing an RB30/25 conversion to my HR30, starting with n/a engines, making them turbo.

I bought an R32 GTSt RB25DET ECU and loom and I will be putting most of it together myself.

What or how do you call an DR30 HEAVY???? What are you comparing it to???? Maybe compared to a Mini, but to another Skyline, it's one of the lightest. DR's max weight 1250Kg, R31's OZZY sedans 1600Kg, HR31 coupes 1350Kg. How you say heavy????

hey guys, i got the skyline back and she's running fantastic, just need to get a tailshaft made up and i can drive it =) Has anyone had to do the custom tailshaft thing in adelaide before and can recomend someone?

Ran into one other problem today, the gearbox mount for the old automatic is obviously not going to fit, but i have a 5 speed mount of an early model '83 MR30, and have learned today that the chasis on the early and late models are a bit different, the gearbox x-member holes which mount to the chasis on the the early models are about 4" shorter accoss than that of the late model like mine which measure roughly 1foot 4". I can fit the early model mount inbetween the walls of the tunnel! If anyone has a late model 5speed gbox x-member they would like to sell, ill buy it :D

hey guys, i got the skyline back and she's running fantastic, just need to get a tailshaft made up and i can drive it =) Has anyone had to do the custom tailshaft thing in adelaide before and can recomend someone?

Ran into one other problem today, the gearbox mount for the old automatic is obviously not going to fit, but i have a 5 speed mount of an early model '83 MR30, and have learned today that the chasis on the early and late models are a bit different, the gearbox x-member holes which mount to the chasis on the the early models are about 4" shorter accoss than that of the late model like mine which measure roughly 1foot 4". I can fit the early model mount inbetween the walls of the tunnel! If anyone has a late model 5speed gbox x-member they would like to sell, ill buy it :D

Send me some dimensions of what you need.

Bolt holes centre to centre etc.

I have both here I think, but have to be sure.

Let me know and I prob have what you need. :ghost: