SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

ok if anyone is interested i have Z32/R32 brakes im thinkin of selling, probably pointless trying cos u guys could get them cheaper than the inclusion of freight.

but they are 280x32?? and the caliper is alloy not steel. they have had the Nissan logo ground off to slightly improve the clearance problem.

i am thinking of going the R32 GTR/R33 GTSt option.

ps CA18 250mm rotors DO NOT PULL UP A RB25DET powered silvia from 80kmh very well at all!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh and by the way my MR30 has had the brakes upgraded on the rear for what i believe is a hatch, had the cross member swap etc. makes a huge difference over a drum rear end so i think they are good enough

oh and by the way my MR30 has had the brakes upgraded on the rear for what i believe is a hatch, had the cross member swap etc. makes a huge difference over a drum rear end so i think they are good enough

would'nt it just be a stright swap for the IRS system?

anyone know of anyone looking to buy a unfinished project car, its red and black comes with a working installed rb20det, low kms, new seats, big fmic, auto meter gauges new running gear and suspension...PM me... :D

Hey Guys,

Just an update, got the front and rear pad numbers, can get pads no worries, can hopefully get the discs machined.

HOWEVER...the handbrake cable is seized solid, and new ones are $121.75 for the left and $108.10 for the right. Has anyone here got a handbrake cable that isn't ****ed that isn't on a car that they wish to sell or something?

oh and would you believe that the guy from spare parts in Nissan didn't know what an FJ20 is?!!!!

would'nt it just be a stright swap for the IRS system?

anyone know of anyone looking to buy  a unfinished project car, its red and black comes with a working installed rb20det, low kms, new seats, big fmic, auto meter gauges new running gear and suspension...PM me... :cheers:

What's the go Matt?

Not going to finish your project?????

What happened to the re finance etc, etc.

D

ok if you can get your hands on a set of imported hr31 front struts you can bolt gtst callipars and rotors streight on,

are the hr30 and dr30 rear calipars the same?

What's the go Matt?

Not going to finish your project?????

What happened to the re finance etc, etc.

D

oh thats still going ahead, its just i have the found a new toy today and it involves letters like gts-x rb and 26dett nismo 2 seats and a roll cage :headspin:

hehe is that the 17k one? that looks cool. lucky bugger. i wouldnt mind RB26'ing my DR30 one day! if i get a proper job and lots of money ill see what happens! haha

stopped into the suspension joint today to check out my front suspension coz that knocking was really starting to shit me ... needs

Lower Control Arm bushes

Radius Rod bushes

Idler Arm bushes

so im getting all those replaced with polyurethane ones, costing $500.

but also noticed my steering box is leaking ... needs a rebuild and shit which is $500 also :wave: bugger. hhaha. looks like intercooler is back another month or two again! need that tax return!!

*continues filling out the sign-up form for his Virgin Credit Card* >:cheers:

' i wouldnt mind RB26'ing my DR30 one day! if i get a proper job and lots of money ill see what happens! haha

Thats sacrelige!!!! Why on earth would you want to!!! put the money into the fj and blow all these little rbs off ;-)

rsx84 - yeh a mate of mine posted it on a chat room and i had a good look at all the pics n info. be a pretty damn nice car :cheers: so is it definately yours then ?

Neo - haha its hard to compare i guess coz true, an RB26 is like 6k + install and stuff ... throw 6k at the FJ and itll probably be indestructable and bloody move too .. mind you it'll probably use more fuel and be less everyday-driver friendly too ... but really all i want is 350rwhp and a good all round package .. no need for gimmicky tt setups and stuff i spose! haha

always remember the silver Zeni Tan DR30 that had the 26 in it up for auction a while ago on Prestige i think it was ... wasnt that much either but i cant remember exactly how much. low teens i think.

mind u that 31 looks almost as cool ... but id **** off that GTS-R wing ... if it was a real gts-r i see the sentimental value of it, buit otherwise its just bloody ugly i reckon!! haha

this is what i'm willing to give my r30 for!! ANT did you read the list of work done  :headspin: what a weapon a rb26dett dr30 would be!!!! :wassup:

Is that what's turning you on?????

There a BRICK! 1300+ kg, but your choice.

Bet it won't be as quick as mine, RB26DETT and all it's mods.

The HR30 will reign supreme.

']hehe is that the 17k one? that looks cool. lucky bugger. i wouldnt mind RB26'ing my DR30 one day! if i get a proper job and lots of money ill see what happens! haha

stopped into the suspension joint today to check out my front suspension coz that knocking was really starting to shit me ... needs  

Lower Control Arm bushes

Radius Rod bushes

Idler Arm bushes

so im getting all those replaced with polyurethane ones, costing $500.  

but also noticed my steering box is leaking ... needs a rebuild and shit which is $500 also ;) bugger. hhaha. looks like intercooler is back another month or two again! need that tax return!!  

*continues filling out the sign-up form for his Virgin Credit Card* >:cheers:

Don't replace the lower control arm bushes with anything but RUBBER! keep all PIVOT points RUBBER, the others can be Urethane, but don't get sucked in to believing it's the be all end all, talk to some rally guys and they will tell you the same.

They promote Urethane because of the HUGE profit margin they get from it.

hmm R30 does alot for me than the R31.

oh a mate of mine wants to buy a DR30 coupe by the way, he is looking to spend between 8-12K on one. i suggested that purple one but haven't got a reply from him yet.