SAU Community

Urgent: Ebc Install Q

_Ryan_

Well the turbo is mounted on the right hand side of the engine bay. So to keep wires to a minimum in the engine bay and to avoid running the wires across the firewall or across the front of the motor follow the wires into the passenger side footwell and run the wires across the back to where you wish to mount the EBC. Don't drill a hole in the firewall, looks awful and its just downright lazy.

there is a rubber grommet in the firewall at the drivers footwell.

a coathanger and tape is your friend from there.

that side is chockers, thinking passenger side... will go have a stab when i can be arsed

and right hand side looks to be the go-er haha

lazyiness kicked in, didnt put EBC in, but put my informeter back in, just need to work out what o2 sensor voltage is what AFR, save money on dyno run :D

Well the turbo is mounted on the right hand side of the engine bay. So to keep wires to a minimum in the engine bay and to avoid running the wires across the firewall or across the front of the motor follow the wires into the passenger side footwell and run the wires across the back to where you wish to mount the EBC. Don't drill a hole in the firewall, looks awful and its just downright lazy.
My turbo's on the left hand side of the engine and when I pulled the loom out of my wreck I had to remove the abs and aircond so I would be into drilling a new hole (with a new grommet of course).

My turbo's on the left hand side of the engine and when I pulled the loom out of my wreck I had to remove the abs and aircond so I would be into drilling a new hole (with a new grommet of course).

i saw the spot behind the ABS and decided i rather come back upstairs....

All RB20/25/26 CA18 and SR20 motors have the turbos mounted on the right hand side of the engine (looking from the front of the vehicle) or passenger side if you could so call it. So unless you have a toyota motor sitting in there, all inline nissan import motors have the turbo sitting on the right hand side.

good post sothern tango....

stop being lazy :) turn full lock to the left i think... pull out yourwheel arch and thread it threw... its super easy dude

ps SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND

i may or maynot of chopped the front half of my inner guard out :)

could you elaborate or take a phone snap shot of where you mean? or suggest search keywords

when i was installing my ebc i used the grommet shown in the pic southern tango posted,just jack up the drivers side front and remove the black plastic inner guard (four screws if memory serves) and some elbow grease,u cant miss the grommet which already has the main fuse harness running thru it in towards the steering column and firewall

• 4 weeks later...

well, power is all wired up, stuck my head under it all the other day and there is no room on the drivers side at all... has anyone put theirs throught on the passenger side?

i installed my UHF with the door open and through the quater panel ..... and into the engine bay running along the rubber seal for the bonnet.

but then again that is a UHF different storey :P

in my old skyline i ran a Batt wire for the sub through the steering colum rubber thing ..

i installed my UHF with the door open and through the quater panel ..... and into the engine bay running along the rubber seal for the bonnet.

but then again that is a UHF different storey :)

in my old skyline i ran a Batt wire for the sub through the steering colum rubber thing ..

driver side is chockers :blush:

you did the UHF on the passengers side?

All RB20/25/26 CA18 and SR20 motors have the turbos mounted on the right hand side of the engine (looking from the front of the vehicle) or passenger side if you could so call it. So unless you have a toyota motor sitting in there, all inline nissan import motors have the turbo sitting on the right hand side.
A rather late reply but generally left and right relates to sitting in the drivers seat - you will notice that parts that are labelled left and right ( such as lights, seats, doors )follow this convention i.e. passengers side is left, drivers side is right - thus turbo is on the left, steering column on the right etc.