SAU Community

Reverse Missing: R32 Gtr

Reformed

Well i have been driving my car for about a month with no reverse and it's doing my head in searching for slopes and escape paths due to no reverse! :) I have done a search and seem to have the same symptons as many with reverse not exsisting and all other gears and clutch fine. It appears to be a lock out spring that has snapped that is excessible from the inspection plate on the passengers side of the box. I have taken it to a few places in Mandurah (some speciallizing in gearboxes) but they give me the "can take it out and have a look" with diagrams from the site in hand. Has anyone had the same problem and can direct me somewhere? Cheers.

Yeah that is what i have been told. Seen a few guys from over east with the exact problem and has been fixed by taking the gear box xmember off and sliding it back a few inches to access inspection plate. Three hours later and $85 - $160 later fixed!

I had the same problem in my gts4 - same setup tho. It is right up near the top of the box and a pain to get to. Basically, undo the bolts holding the box xmember and let the tail drop. The device is just forwards of the gear shifter, there is an inspection plate on top of the box and the lockout bit is just down from the side of that. Remove one 10mm bolt and then lever it out with a small flat head screwdriver - no room so its a pain in the ar$e... remove the guts of it and reinstall. Not difficult to do, just difficult to get at it because you cant really see what you are doing and there is no space to work.

Cant help with where to go to to get it done, but I did it at home in my shed :)

Yeah I know Fabian, has done work on my car before. He has not heard of this problem as we inspected one of his gearboxes out of a car there. I'm really after someone who has fixed it without ripping the box out and resulting in costly labour as per normal from a GTR. A rooted shoulder and lack of tools stop me from getting under there aswell :) Cheers anyway and well recomended!

your reverse lockout spring has snapped. had the same problem. ring up nissan, part costs $2. drop cross member, lower the box and take the cover of up top below the shifter its on the passenger side. get nissan to print out a diagram. go to total nissan wangara.

up on a hoist is easier.

mike