SAU Community

R35 Brake Lines

LSX-438

Why anyone would want to change the brake lines on these cars is beyond me, and thats coming from many laps of R35 track work being completed personally.

Try driving it for a while Duncan before you put stuff like that on it and potentially ruin it. R35 needs SFA mods to be quick, and this is not one of them :P

Why anyone would want to change the brake lines on these cars is beyond me, and thats coming from many laps of R35 track work being completed personally.

Try driving it for a while Duncan before you put stuff like that on it and potentially ruin it. R35 needs SFA mods to be quick, and this is not one of them :P

I'm not changing the lines. I agree with the fact this car is quick out of the box. But, I've been doing regular track days for about three years now, and i have changed more pads/rotors/calipers/lines than i've had hot dinners. I always carry spare pads/rotors/lines and fluids. Russo's will tell you about the time i lost a line rubbing on a track tyre (albeit probably a bit too wide). That probably wont happen but these lines seem a great bargain, if only as spares. I don't fancy paying god knows what for these things from Nissan (wouldnt be surprised if it's like $1000+).

Martin, what pads and fluid do you use on the track? Have you changed any Rotors yet? I was thinking of getting the AP Racing slotted fronts (as spares in waiting) with Ferodo DS2500 pads. With the commodore/monaros, we've had a few track days where a cracked rotor has ruined the day.

Try driving it for a while Duncan before you put stuff like that on it and potentially ruin it. R35 needs SFA mods to be quick, and this is not one of them :thumbsup:

That's strange Martin because even Nissan acknowledged the brake lines were a bit soft and upgraded them for 2009 base GT-R and SpecV. A few other guys in the US commented on it also.

Sure it's not necessary and when they were $600USD not worth it but for $150 it's not a bad idea.

I'm not changing the lines. I agree with the fact this car is quick out of the box. But, I've been doing regular track days for about three years now, and i have changed more pads/rotors/calipers/lines than i've had hot dinners. I always carry spare pads/rotors/lines and fluids. Russo's will tell you about the time i lost a line rubbing on a track tyre (albeit probably a bit too wide). That probably wont happen but these lines seem a great bargain, if only as spares. I don't fancy paying god knows what for these things from Nissan (wouldnt be surprised if it's like $1000+).

Martin, what pads and fluid do you use on the track? Have you changed any Rotors yet? I was thinking of getting the AP Racing slotted fronts (as spares in waiting) with Ferodo DS2500 pads. With the commodore/monaros, we've had a few track days where a cracked rotor has ruined the day.

You have been driving too many Commodores for too long Duncan....these things dont fall apart with the same alarming frequency of a Holden and I would be be more than surprised if the factory brake lines ever caused you any trouble :blink:

We use ENDLESS competition pads in our R35 and at this point in time, and yes the factory discs require replacement. We will be performing our own Brembo Competition rotor conversion, using slotted material, unlike the factory drilled rotors which stress crack severely, particularly with hi-po pads in place. Save for pads/rotors and you will be right.

Beware using a $150 set of unknown quality braids. For a start they wouldnt have passed the ADR whip check....

You have been driving too many Commodores for too long Duncan....these things dont fall apart with the same alarming frequency of a Holden and I would be be more than surprised if the factory brake lines ever caused you any trouble :blink:

We use ENDLESS competition pads in our R35 and at this point in time, and yes the factory discs require replacement. We will be performing our own Brembo Competition rotor conversion, using slotted material, unlike the factory drilled rotors which stress crack severely, particularly with hi-po pads in place. Save for pads/rotors and you will be right.

Beware using a $150 set of unknown quality braids. For a start they wouldnt have passed the ADR whip check....

I hope you're right Martin as i dont think i will be able to afford to replace much on this car.