SAU Community

Melbourne International Motorshow

DNGRUS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure who it was who just asked, but some one just asked if some of the car manufactureres will not be there this year - the answer is yes thats true!

Ferah are you doing promo work for it again this year?

Nope this year, but im definantly going to see the cars on display :)

RACV discount FTW :)

I couldn't find info on this at the RACV website?

i wanna go to the airshow

Going to an airshow is like one of the most dangerous things you can do :O

I heard that Melbourne and Sydney will be holding one motorshow between them starting next year - and no longer having one in Sydney and Melbourne..

if you ask me that blows.

Yeah... alternating every year b/n Melb and Sydney. So this will be Melb's last annual Motor Show!

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf...A25755100826EB0

At least we'll get a show every 2 years. Will definitely strive to attend every one. The other 5 capital cities don't have any international motor shows any more.

Edited by Phatboy

Just came back from the Motor Show... some pretty nice cars. Wish they'd actually let people into the expensive cars, but they're probably paranoid someone will scratch the interior.

Highlights were the BMW M1 concept car, Lexus LF-A, and the "Autosalon"-spec Toyota Yaris. Pity my camera ran out of batteries 10 mins in... no photos sorry.

I heard that Melbourne and Sydney will be holding one motorshow between them starting next year - and no longer having one in Sydney and Melbourne..

if you ask me that blows.

I only ever go every couple of years anyway so this suits me fine.

went last night, wasnt that good really. Alot of car manufactures were missing, including Ferrari and Aston Martin.

last year was better

Yeah was a bit disapointing this year. Was good to see the 370z on display though. Everything else was a bit ordanary. Was definately better last year.

went last night, wasnt that good really. Alot of car manufactures were missing, including Ferrari and Aston Martin.

last year was better

went last night also. thought i saw you but wasnt sure if it was you or not lol

it was pretty average this year. nothing that special. didnt even notice the 350Z lol even though i walked passed it to drool over the GTR again lol

Was the R35 GTR there?

Yes

didnt even notice the 350Z lol even though i walked passed it to drool over the GTR again lol

You didn't notice the 350z cuz there wasn't one there :blink:

Don't worry, I know what you meant

the Mitsubishi girls looked pretty good to me this year.

They were the best looking ones. The other ones were real skanks. Dunno why Melbourne can't muster up decent booth babes like Tokyo Auto Salon. I walked past more hot girls going back to the carpark than I did in the entire show.

Hadnt been to the Melbourne Motorshow before, only the London one so wasn't sure what to expect.

370Z looked good, GTR looked stunning and got quite a few pics of it. Best stand would have to be the Mitsubishi one. Only spent a couple of hours in there and for $19 wasn't bad. :P

Yeah it was. As Ash said had to go drool over it as well.
Yes

Yeah awesome! :P

Any chance the Nissan Girls were handing out Brochures of the R35 GTR?

BTW was the Bugatti Veyron there?

the Mitsubishi girls looked pretty good to me this year.
mitsu girls have been the best for the last couple of years now

PICS!!! Please. :P

hmm i wonder how i missed this thread.

one word for the motorshow "crap". it basically felt like car city, 20 car show rooms but you couldnt take any car for a drive. The mitsu girls were very nice. but yeah. atleast i didnt have to spend $38 to enter the place (2 ppl)

if the one in two years is this crap i would hope they dont have one at all.

hmm i wonder how i missed this thread.

one word for the motorshow "crap". it basically felt like car city, 20 car show rooms but you couldnt take any car for a drive. The mitsu girls were very nice. but yeah. atleast i didnt have to spend $38 to enter the place (2 ppl)

if the one in two years is this crap i would hope they dont have one at all.

Summed it up nicely, worst motorshow I have been to since I can remember (I've been going for at least 10 years now), even the cars for auction weren't as good as previous years (even though there isn't much that can be done about that, but still lol), inside was quite disappointing.