SAU Community

What's The Best Value For Money Upgrade To Do Next?

60dzl

Got my R32 GTR's ecu upgraded to a Vipec recently. With Turbo-back exhaust and R34 turbos and HKS EVC boost controller set to 14 psi, it's making 205 atw kw. I would eventually like it to make around the 250 atw kw.

My question is what's the most cost effective upgrade to do next?

My mechanic suggested to upgrade the fuel system and a re-tune after that. Other are saying cams and more boost.

Any suggetions?

get a new mechanic.

Fuel system is good for over 250rwkw. Maybe change your fuel pump to a newer one

Cams are not needed for a while yet....

Just up the boost and get it re-tuned. Check for any restrictions too. (exhaust etc)

Standard system doesn't start running dry till 280+

Yours should be making EASY 240 with a proper tune, mine made 240 with just fc, pods, cat-back and a bar of boost.

an hour of dyno time? or a few hours?

8 deg retard on exhaust and 4 deg advance on inlet generally works best on stock cams.

these figures are crank degrees so 4 and 2 on the cam wheels.

id buy a Techedge wideband and have it hooked up to the Vi-PEC. With the autotune function enabled it will constantly analyze and alter the tune for optimum results. Or if you want a dash style interface similar to a power fc handcontroller for the Vi-PEC a EM PRO II engine monitor would be a wise investment.

Edited by DiRTgarage

8 deg retard on exhaust and 4 deg advance on inlet generally works best on stock cams.

these figures are crank degrees so 4 and 2 on the cam wheels.

id buy a Techedge wideband and have it hooked up to the Vi-PEC. With the autotune function enabled it will constantly analyze and alter the tune for optimum results. Or if you want a dash style interface similar to a power fc handcontroller for the Vi-PEC a EM PRO II engine monitor would be a wise investment.

leave it to the wideband O2 control. the autotune doesn't alter the fuel map properly when the cells are changing as rapidly as they do driving around town. (i have tried it and it messes the map up)

As far as i am aware it is, god i hope so, i allready have plans for the money haha :D

yep definetly is. money will start being deposited in april unless you didnt do your tax return last year or the year before (cant remember which year they are going off). will be getting deposited straight into the account that you used aswell.