SAU Community

Shannons Wheels Show 22 March 2008

a20089

my car probably wont be ready in time. i've got a 2-3 week wait for parts from nissan....

a20089 R33 GTR

Bob R35 GTR

Bob also R34GTR and R33GTR

Frink R33 GTS-t

Reese R33 GTS-T

R33_ACT (Rob) R33 GTS-T

zenith13 R32 GTR

Turismo r32 GTS-T

DriftGTS R31 sillo or HR31 GTS

but i'd be happy to drive anyone else's 2nd car out if you need a driver :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as not to limit anyone's attendance to this SAU display at wheels, I have decided to step down from the "organiser" role to let someone with a passion for their view point to "organise" the attendance in the way they feel is right. I can not organise something in a way that is against the majority of SAU wishes. The job is half done and is not that big or hard in reality. It is best if the "organiser" attends on the day to resolve any issues as they occur. I will also assist in anyway I can, but I will not run it by default.

This is a great opportunity for someone to learn organisational skills, utilise limited resources, learning who's true to their word and will follow through with what they say they will do etc. Best of all you get to have the honour of running the "best SAU display ever" with the full GTR line up currently looking promising.

Frink, I may need you to drive my GTR but we'll let the new "organiser" allocate mature drivers before I snaffle you.

John, build a bridge and get over it :)

Frink, I may need you to drive my GTR but we'll let the new "organiser" allocate mature drivers before I snaffle you.

Aren't you coming?

John, build a bridge and get over it :P

Aren't you coming?

I'm over it Michele :down: (See I even spelt your name right)

We have two cars in the family any only one driver ;)

It's been 3 days since my last comments (and last time I had the time to log on) and yet I see no one willing to step up to "organise" the attendance, even with full guidance and help. Michele is busy helping organise the hillclimb club someone else put your hand up.

I make this stance because

1. I want to make a point, if you don't like it, take some responsibility and do it yourself.

2. There are very few people who actually do anything for the group. It should not fall to one or two people to organise everything and some recognition should be given to those who do take a part out of their lives to do something for SAU ACT.

3. The forum has not identified a clear direction they want to take.

I don't care who steps up, what they want to do with the event etc. I will give them every piece of help I can. Cejay's done it before and it was a job well done. How about someone else step up. PM me if you want to find out what needs doing

We have two cars in the family any only one driver :/

Bec doesn't have a licence? What's your other car?

Why don't you just post what needs doing... I can't see why there really needs to be an organiser, except to tell them we're attending which I assume you've already done? Besides that, doesn't everyone just rock up at 9am?

Basically the main things are:

email the organisers how many cars are probably showing up

Beg Mick for the Federal Tent

Get someone to Bring the Banner.

Get people interested in attending

Get annoyed when 1/3 of the people don't show up :/

Is good for someone to rock up early at the site. but not really necessary.

Isn't a huge thing really. Just someone to keep everyone on track.

I'll probably show up sometime during the day, but really need to focus on other stuff atm.

I'm not that busy & I'm not organising the SDMA/hillclimb stand. I don't know if my GTR will be ready in time for Wheels, so haven't said either way at this stage if I'm bringing her. Her tune looks fantastic on a dyno, but does bugger all for running around.

I will have the open wheeler at the SDMA stand though, so long as she comes home from Oran Park this weekend in one piece.

As always... I'm always prepared to help out at any of the SAU events or fundraising bbq's etc etc I certainly haven't been one to sit on my laurels and have chipped in both physically and financially.

I'm happy to email the final numbers through and take the banner if you like. Those who are there on the day can assist with the tent and the banner, won't really need the poles if we have a tent, so probably need assurances from Mick that he will be there for the troop this time *more guilt trippin* ;)

I am interested helping out with the club, but my times are very much limited, I can only attend very few events (or, no events when we have 2nd baby next month). Also, I am on SAU forum occasionally.

I can donate decals to the club if club wants some fundraiser items, although I found that doesn't work as we found out through MR2 club. Club decals will be free, or purchased at cost price. I can certainly bring some free stickers to the events like Wheels, as a small motivator item for members to attend.

Now that's more the spirit, everyone is busy but having the ability to say you can try and do something is great.

To Michele I should clarify, in saying you were helping to organise SDMA, you were taking a race car and setting up probably the largest and the best visual display of SDMA, with the truck and associated gear to set up which takes a bit of organising. I know the effort you went to for Marques and I see that as helping to organise. I respect what Michele has done for SAU and I would not expect everything to have to fall to Michele.

I disagree with Shell in that I believe an organiser at some level is required. By that they take some responsibility for the day. We know what happened to SAU and paint ball when someone with good ideas, limited organisation skills and no responsibility tried to run an event.

We could all turn up at 9am dump our cars in some semblance of an order and be done with it. It would look average and in my opinion a waste of a display.

The displays have been getting better and better with more organisation. Why take a step back? Cejay has outlined the major items but there are a lot of other items that go towards making the day successful. The more small items that can be done the better the overall display and enjoyment of those attending.

Someone has PM'd me with an interest in the organiser role subject to a couple of items. Should they take on this role I would hope you would offer them your assistance to make the experience as great as it can be.

Of course you can come and play :P

Cool, i'm there.

Do ya reckon anyone would mind if I took my GTST as well, complete with "For Sale" signs? It's another Skyline........

Cool, i'm there.

Do ya reckon anyone would mind if I took my GTST as well, complete with "For Sale" signs? It's another Skyline........

Bring the GTST too, the more the merrier. I think the for sale sign will create some interest too. Good luck with it.