SAU Community

Shannons Wheels Show 22 March 2008

a20089

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awww congratulations Brad. There is no love stronger than a parents love of their child. I'm out too now... unless someone has a spare master cylinder floating around.
Congrats Brad, and a good enough reason not to be there lol

Thanks guys!

My other baby will have to stay asleep in the garage for a bit longer :-)

Have fun and take lots of photos for me!

Was a great day! Was awesome to see the r35 in the flesh. Unfortuantly i couldn't get my car there, as mine was the white r33 that got stolen 4 weeks back. I've got it back now. Hopefully will have it back on the road soon =).

I think we made history today, a SAU ACT event that more people turned up than what said they would.........AMAZING

Seriously though, Great turnout and thankyou to everyone for displaying/chatting/tenting and chilling with us today. I really enjoyed the day and I want to see that sort of enthusiasm for all the events :blink: ........i.e the motorkhana next Sunday (29th) at Sutton rd driver training centre. Come check out and support ZCR, Stinkypoo, Driftmajik and myself!!!!

Finally I have to thank Bob, for bringing out the 12 yr old kid grin in me all day :)

Finally I have to thank Bob, for bringing out the 12 yr old kid grin in me all day :)

I think I saw someone else with that 12yo kid grin today... did anyone see Jeno/Tarmac take my open wheeler for a lap around the park today? Did anyone see the look on his face when he got out? PRICELESS!!! LOL

Just a few photos from the day…

Wheels Show 09

Really enjoyable day and a great turnout of Skylines! BTW if anyone would prefer not to have photos of their car up just PM me and I will take them down asap.

Thanks for the Photo's - Good Pics. Anyone wnat to add a few more to this thread :/

A huge thanks to everyone that turned up. The row of 32 and 33 GTRs looked great, the biggest lineup of GTRs that I've ever seen the Canberra. It was great the R31 club added to the display for an extra couple of generations. A great turn out by the GTS/Ts as well. The lines were so long Bec could not get a photo that did them all justice.

The day was perfectly balanced by the trio of silver GTRs which half the attendees drooled over. It would have been better to have the silver R32 GTR there, but we just didn't have room in the end.

I'd like to pass on my special thanks to Julian for his immaculate and different R32 that attracted a lot of attention, Jon in the other blue GTR first time attendee and Bob with the 34 and 35 GTRs.

It was great to see Donnon take a lead on the day and organise the display, despite having to move the cars several times and take down tent poles etc they ended up picture perfect.

Thanks to Mic for bringing the (Federal tyres) tent, the shade is essential and really is the focal point of the day and makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Due to the space limitations etc some have suggested organising the club to be located where the SDMA club is located next year. (if we have a next year) All we need to do is discuss with the organising club.

A huge thanks to everyone that turned up. The row of 32 and 33 GTRs looked great, the biggest lineup of GTRs that I've ever seen the Canberra. It was great the R31 club added to the display for an extra couple of generations. A great turn out by the GTS/Ts as well. The lines were so long Bec could not get a photo that did them all justice.

The day was perfectly balanced by the trio of silver GTRs which half the attendees drooled over. It would have been better to have the silver R32 GTR there, but we just didn't have room in the end.

I'd like to pass on my special thanks to Julian for his immaculate and different R32 that attracted a lot of attention, Jon in the other blue GTR first time attendee and Bob with the 34 and 35 GTRs.

It was great to see Donnon take a lead on the day and organise the display, despite having to move the cars several times and take down tent poles etc they ended up picture perfect.

Thanks to Mic for bringing the (Federal tyres) tent, the shade is essential and really is the focal point of the day and makes it a lot more enjoyable.

Due to the space limitations etc some have suggested organising the club to be located where the SDMA club is located next year. (if we have a next year) All we need to do is discuss with the organising club.

Yeh good work guys, shame us Zs were over in QBN there, so if it is on at Old Parly next year, should be near by.

There is talk of next year being at EPIC. I don't know if this means entry fees and less visitors. You would think that the government could just give an exemption to a massive charity event like this, but hey common sense has no place in Parliamentary square.

Oh and OMG, there is a Mrs Donnan! :/

I think I saw someone else with that 12yo kid grin today... did anyone see Jeno/Tarmac take my open wheeler for a lap around the park today? Did anyone see the look on his face when he got out? PRICELESS!!! LOL

I saw me driving :):/:(:(:D:(:) I still can't seem to get rid of my grin..........I'm getting wierd looks from people at work too :D

Just got around to counting the cash we made from drink sales. There was $47 and some cents.

That makes the kitty $167 and a lot of silver coinage I don't want to count tonight.