SAU Community

Joeyjoejoe's E85 Tuning Adventutres

well my faithful clutch finally started slipping... :(

after 2 years of 300rwkw and 5 years of 180rwkw, hundreds of launches and thousands of kicks, the mystery box that came over on the boat will finally get opened...

hopefully i will get it sorted before DECA :down:

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... it was an exedy heavy duty... how the hell it lasted through all that is beyond me!

have an exedy cushion button single going in tomorrow... so i will FINALLY get to make propper use of trent's ethanol tune @ DECA!

will report back after :blush:

It had the GTR nismo number on the clutch plate, bit better than the run of the mill rb25 item they supply in the normal rb25 kits.

• 2 weeks later...

I havent read this whole thread, to much for me whilst i am at work, but i can announce that Caltex will be making E85 to fuel Holdens new Commonwhore and we aim to have 100 servos selling it in the next 12 months.

I havent read this whole thread, to much for me whilst i am at work, but i can announce that Caltex will be making E85 to fuel Holdens new Commonwhore and we aim to have 100 servos selling it in the next 12 months.

!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!

Possibly a silly question for me to ask, but I have no idea...something tells me the answer is no...

Can you tune a rotary to run E85? I don't know how much advanced timing you could add lol..

Thanks, back on topic! I will definitely join the bandwagon when this goes ahead, should be getting better money by then to afford real mods too :P

any ideas where caltex will be getting their e85 from?

i.e. is it manildra or csr?

i have a full tune for both fuels sitting here anyway... but the difference is enough that you cant go swapping all over the place

my guess is that its gonna be manildra as i'm fairly sure that united have an exclusive deal on the CSR stuff, which suits me to a tee as the manildra seems to be better anyway :P

also might add, the the new clutch went in @ 23:30 Thursday and was on the track @ DECA on Saturday... (got 500k's driving on it to bed it... inc 100km stop start traffic)

went for an exedy "HHHDBC... and am very happy with it...

its very livable on the street, with a nice pedal feel for the power its made for and launching/shifting is a dream

it was my first track day with e85 and it was an absolute blast!

the car was SUPER responsive and you can really feel the difference over PULP :P

:D totally getting on this!

who do you work for ido09s?

E85 powered commodores from factory.

For one GMH won't be throwing bigger engines at their horsepower race with ford. But for laughs they probably will anyway :blink:

Can't wait to see if this goes ahead :(