SAU Community

Water Temperature Of R34 Gtr

GTRRR

Hi all, I have R34 GTR fitted a KOYO RACING RADIATOR and ARC intercooler

the water temperature seems too high when idol or at a very low speed reach 100 degree if stop at redlight for 2 mins

But when i curise at 70 km/h or faster the temperature will sits between 78-82 degree...

The oil temperature sit between 88-92 degree

Is that normal?? the radiator fan works fine and the air conditon works well too..

thanks

Hi all, I have R34 GTR fitted a KOYO RACING RADIATOR and ARC intercooler

the water temperature seems too high when idol or at a very low speed reach 100 degree if stop at redlight for 2 mins

But when i curise at 70 km/h or faster the temperature will sits between 78-82 degree...

The oil temperature sit between 88-92 degree

Is that normal?? the radiator fan works fine and the air conditon works well too..

thanks

both seem a bit high if the temps are right. I have a nismo sports radiator and stock intercooler and

nismo oil cooler, see about 72 degrees for both oil and water when cruising. Add another 8 degrees f

if ambient is 36c. The highest when stuck in traffic on a hot day was about 81 degrees..

the highest when hammering it uphill (not as much hammering as a track though), & for half an hour,

was 90 degrees oil. So my oil temp is lower when racing than yours is when idling.

If I remember past topics: check your radiator coolant replace if necessary. Do you have thermo fan

as well as clutch fan? do they come on? do you have a low temp thermostat installed?

both seem a bit high if the temps are right. I have a nismo sports radiator and stock intercooler and

nismo oil cooler, see about 72 degrees for both oil and water when cruising. Add another 8 degrees f

if ambient is 36c. The highest when stuck in traffic on a hot day was about 81 degrees..

the highest when hammering it uphill (not as much hammering as a track though), & for half an hour,

was 90 degrees oil. So my oil temp is lower when racing than yours is when idling.

If I remember past topics: check your radiator coolant replace if necessary. Do you have thermo fan

as well as clutch fan? do they come on? do you have a low temp thermostat installed?

yours temperature sounds normal i think somewhere wrong with my car

• 2 years later...

Sorry for digging up a old thread bu t my r34 is stock and I get about 80-82 on a normal day and when I'm giving it a bit on a hot day it when up to 91 for the water temp. Is this normal I haven't flushed the coolent since I got the car from the dealer?

I'm having fun with mine ATM.... Before I changed turbos sat between 72-75 with nismo radiator, nismo thermostat.... Now it runs at about 77, when I stop it jumps upto 83 then upto 91 when I get moving it drops slowly to 83 then slowly to 78..... Unsure what's going on there

Sounds like air locks in the engine to me. Use the air bleed on the head or get a greddy swirl pot/air seperation tank. Hot spots and air-locks will cause odd surges in engine temperature.

The next likely culprit is that the foam around your radiator is stuffed, therby allowing hot air from the back of the radiator to keep heating the front.

My Nismo thermostat with pwr radiator manages to keep my engine at 68 degrees when crusing on the hottest of days. We had 41 degrees ambient on monday, with 75-80% humidity.

Keeping everything in top condition really is the key. The foam around the radiator. The clutch fan, and having no air at all in the system. I use distilled water + water wetter only too.