SAU Community

First Batch Of Nissan R35's For Australia

LSX-438

How the hell did you get it so quickly, got family working for customs. The ship landed in Brisbane and off loaded 4, then went to Sydney and then on to Melbourne. The first car into the dealership (dealers car) arrives today for the Gala release tomorrow evening. Mine is being sent to the dealers tomorrow for my collection on Monday as they need it for a few days. I hped that I'd get the first customer delivered R35 as I've got the last Aust Complied R32.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My understanding is that Nissan Ferntree Gully is the Premium Nissan Dealer in Oz and as a consequence they were given the privillage to release the 1st one Nationally - and then they chose me to be the person to get that 1st one.

It really was a great honour - I've known about it for a few weeks now (that I was getting the 1st one) and had to keep it quiet!

All (Nissan?) imports have 6U90000 added to the front of the VIN when they arrive in australia.

The Australian VIN then becomes 6U90000 followed by the original VIN.

no they don't. lol.

second hand cars that are imported without an aus compliant 17 digit vin are issued with a new vin. it's been different over the years. at the moment they pre-fix the original vehicles chassis number (providing that number is compliant, ie no "O's" in it) with 6U9 and however many zeroes are needed to get to 17 digits. in the past it's been different pre-fixes like IMPRT etc.

cars that are sold new in australia are issued an australian VIN before they are sold. they do not get a chassis number that is prefixed with 6U90XXX.

Congrats Snowman,

could not happen to a more deserving GTR enthusiast and potential Targa Winner!

More so than ever now.. :D

PS I may have told a few others about this as well....

I've found it interesting reading through the R35 section that alot of the members are awaiting their new cars are new members to the forum. Seems Nissan have succeeded in attracting new blood to the GTR camp, and kept some of the faithfull Skyline owners. :D

I've found it interesting reading through the R35 section that alot of the members are awaiting their new cars are new members to the forum. Seems Nissan have succeeded in attracting new blood to the GTR camp, and kept some of the faithfull Skyline owners. :D

yep, very good point. It certainly does target a different group of buyers to the traditional market for 32s-34s in aus. the people waiting for aus GTRs are also a very different group to those who bought JDM. most guys who bought JDM R35s (that I know, and I know most in aus) had previously owned a GTR of some sort, and most had owned a few different models of low volume import. So they were not worried by lack of factory backing, or by a few japanese buttons as they had been down that path before with previous grey models. the general public are still scared of grey imports in general, not just JDM R35s.

anyway, well done nissan for attracting new buyers. :D

The press release made by Nissan today is great for Skylines Australia - I don't know too many other times Nissan has acknowledged the club. Great work Snowman.

As for attracting new members, the R35 has certainly done that. Of course some of the most critical people are also long term members...

The press release made by Nissan today is great for Skylines Australia - I don't know too many other times Nissan has acknowledged the club. Great work Snowman.

As for attracting new members, the R35 has certainly done that. Of course some of the most critical people are also long term members...

Agree. Although I am only a new member, I have noticed there has been plenty of negative speculation about it arriving etc (yes I realise you all have nissan stories of woe to tell)

Great to see more positive posts as the ADM cars arrive.

My delivery is now Wednesday next week. I envy you 'Snowy'!

you guys picking up your new R35's better bring them on skyline cruises so we can all experience driving with the new Godzilla,

Have an awesome time with the cars fellas, take plenty of pics (even if you feel like a douce), because we all want to see them.

PS. I envy all of you, lol, i'll chop off my left leg for an R35 (left leg because you dont need it anymore to drive the gtr lol)

congrats snowy! and all the other guys awaiting there cars

it really is a fantastic street car, you will love it even more when you drive it! when i got mine the expectation was really high ( so i thought i maybe a bit dissapointed)but driving it even outstripped that.

congrats snowy! and all the other guys awaiting there cars

it really is a fantastic street car, you will love it even more when you drive it! when i got mine the expectation was really high ( so i thought i maybe a bit dissapointed)but driving it even outstripped that.

plus of course the "dealer" you bought yours from was awesome, and delivered the car on time and just about a year ago now! he must really be a top bloke. I remember your face when you picked it up and took it for a little squirt. :( expectation was met within about 12 seconds of being in it i reckon. ;)

lol, I remember when nissan were saying deliveries would start in september 08... hehe.

anyway, I agree it's great to see nissan selling them here, and I can understand the high service costs too. nissan dealers are not the enemy. they spend their own money to become a GTR dealer with all the training and paraphernalia that requires. so it's only fair that they will want to recoup some of that money through increased service costs.

Does anyone know where to get car bra for the gtr?

i'd be VERY careful with car bra's, most the time they do more damage than good... if you're planning a long country'ish trip... consider a clear 3M film.

and remember new GTR owners.... say no to "paint protection"... it's a huge scam, stay well away

Andrew, can't wait to see it in the flesh mate. And yes, DECA will be interesting :)