SAU Community

R33 GTS-t - reliability

$23k less than a year ago

fmic, boost, kit, zeal suspension, HKS exhaust sys, 77,000km..

No problems whatsoever.. i'm glad i didn't buy a heaps cheaper one, although at the time it was still a bit more than quite a few gts-t out there. Was a bit nervous at first, but after a few months i knew i had a pretty good example.

All my wiring burnt out and started a fire in mine one day thanks to some VERY VERY dodgy gauge wiring. My advice - don't get one with a ton of aftermarket gauges fitted. Maybe even no aftermarket stereo. The effort on my car was certainly a bad home job, not professionally done. I've heard this is fairly common in Japan.

The rest of the car has been perfect. It had 100,000km (apparently :()on it at the time I bought it. Goes well and hasn't ever broken down.

I paid about $20K for mine 2 years ago (which was cheap at the time), so you might want to do what predator says and pay that bit extra for a good quality one, or go my way and hope it's a quality example.

The effort on my car was certainly a bad home job, not professionally done. I've heard this is fairly common in Japan.

I gotta agree with this. I've seen plenty of cars here with some seriously dodgy aftermarket guage wiring - cables twisted together by hand and the like!

I personally would avoid cars with loads of extra gauges and cabling lying around the interior...

got mine for $23K 2 years back, 94 model with 53,000 km.

only thing it had wrong with it was the wheel well was dented, easily fixed with a hammer and a bit of would, they must have hit a low pole caused nothing else had been panel beated or replaced!! bit of a bagain :(

I bought it from a wholesaler in Brisbane. It was stock standard apart from the Nismo strut brace and brake master stopper, hks turbo timer and side skirts. Im the first owner in Aus.

Ive since put a set of 17" rims, type-m front bar, safc2, boost guage, bleed valve, 3" exhaust, stereo etc....maybe looking at selling it soon.

23k for my 93 model with 80ks. Was relatively stock and didnt have much problems,except the timing was out.

But after i put some mods in,the engine started to wear out really bad,., ie.piston rings,., but that was my fault

anyway a good deal if u buy a nice clean standard one

Hey,

Bought mine at the start of this year, imported and received it in late June/July.

94 GTST totally stock - $14.3k on road.

suspensions - $800

stereo - $1200

insurance - $2K

service - $150

Look on the guy in HSV I hosed the other day......priceless :)

There are many things which money can buy.........but nothing beats a skyline

So yeah, get one, they're great fun. I've had no problems with mine concerning reliability. Just invest in things such as a turbo timer etc etc and you should be fine