SAU Community

Car Stalled But Clutch Was Completely In..

Yo i stalled my car today.. but clutch was completely in.. and normally when i stall the lights come up on dash board.. this time it didnt..

Any1 know what it is and how much to fix?

so when your car is in neutral and stalls...

on alot of cars...tbe the throttle position sensor may need cleaning.

what sort of car or maintenance on the engine?

This has happened to me a couple of times also when the clutch was fully pressed in and been coming to a stop. Me thinks its nothing to do with the clutch though, and as others have said it feels like something to do with engine. Only has happened twice in two years i've had the car so i'm not too worried about it....

Huh?

If the clutch is all the way to the floor, and it stalls, it's the clutch slave cylinder... or the master.

Happened to me in my car a few months back.

yeah i dont think its got to do with anything regarding the clutch

things like this are more likely the throttle position sensor...AAC ... blocked vaccume hoses can also produce this affect...and ECU faults can do this as well.

Mine used to do it until, I got rid of the clutch line loop back block that sits in between the clutch master and slave cylinder.

Pulled that out and bought a braided clutch line from jj that goes straight from the master to the slave and I couldn't be happier with the clutch action now.

It doesn't try to stall the engine when you come to a stop with the clutch in, in gear.

it doesnt really sound like your problem, but when i replaced my o2 sensor it fixed all my stalling problems 100% (touch wood), but mine really only stalled when i bipped the accelerator and went on the brakes.

EDIT: actualy after reading through all this, most people seem to think its to do with the clutch, most likely not, wats ur idle like when warm and cold?, wat about with the a/c on? and when u steer does ur engine struggle a bit or do the revs go up? if ur idle is low all the time u probably just need to reset and adjust it. if ur idle is fine (warm/cold start and with a/c) but the engine struggles when its under load (braking at the lights, turning the steering wheel, maybe even bipping the throttle) then its probably the aac valve, air flow meter, or even the o2 sensor. how many km's has your car done?

quick question, ur not running anything under 98RON fuel are you? this will cause ur car to run and idle like shit

Edited by xdef

when i first got my car, it had an atmo venting bov (a blow off valve that goes psssshhhhht into the air). i had this same type of stall happen to me a few times, randomly, always when coming onto the brakes with clutch in. the more sudden the action, the more likely it was to almost stall, occasionally stalling.

plumbed the bov back in. never had this issue again.

so, if you dont have a blow off valve, forget everything i said. if you do, i would consider this a high priority on your check list.

edit: i just read your original post again, and realised you may have just been idleing at the lights, not coming onto the brakes at all. if so, its prob not the bov.

dont know why i imagined braking lol.

Edited by Munkyb0y

I reckon you have an auto, and you're wasting everyone's time.

ROFL

well if an auto is doing it.....it still may be the ACC valve, O2 senor, vaccume hose issues etc etc etc

luckieee

do you often use the clutch to change the gears in your auto?? :P

if so i think that is where your problem is...

just rip your clutch pedal out that should solve the problem

Corey,