SAU Community

Fmic

Turbotonic

hi all i just bought a fmic and its not as easy as i thought to install so if anyone has any idea or live close to sunnybank brisbane help would be be appreciated thanks in advance

ps. tips and hints would be good too :blink:

okay i just installed the kilt just one more thing the old piping had a nipple on it the new ones dont it let from the pipe to the power steering pump anyway i know i have thread a nipple later but in the mean time can i run a vacum hose form any where using the T-piece to the power steering pump

Did the kit just bolt in with no cutting?

How have the pipes been run?

What sort of bumper do you have?

Any pics?

bolt on my as$ lol, i had to cut the reinforcer and the front bumper move the washer bottle cut the fan and cut a hole through the body just under the battery and 4 mates+24hrs later yea its a bolt on, if your interested in one of those kits ill supply u pictures later but if u dont have the time or the skills just go with a known brand

• 2 months later...

Ive got the same one on my 34. Hubby did all the other relocations of water bottles etc lol lol.

In regards to the nipple, Pirtek @ Lawnton on northside.

Take the old pipe in and they will measure it up for you. We got a brass nipple, they gave it to us for free but its no more than a couple of bucks. Drilled the hole and got a magnet to get all the shavings out and cleaned it all up. Screwed it in and then soldered around the outside to give it a good seal. Works a treat!

:P

Ive got the same one on my 34. Hubby did all the other relocations of water bottles etc lol lol.

In regards to the nipple, Pirtek @ Lawnton on northside.

Take the old pipe in and they will measure it up for you. We got a brass nipple, they gave it to us for free but its no more than a couple of bucks. Drilled the hole and got a magnet to get all the shavings out and cleaned it all up. Screwed it in and then soldered around the outside to give it a good seal. Works a treat!

Where abouts did he end up putting the water bottle i did mine a few months back but haven't got round to relocating the water bottle...

lol lol

He spend a long time stuffing around on it ....

Made up a few brackets and trusty old zip ties. It was a matter of jiggering it around/up or down to get it into another spot in the area. You can see it a little bit through the side of my front spoiler but that didnt worry us as we were not really keen on cutting the bottle or replacing it incase we gotta put it back! You could paint the bottle black if it worried you. lol