SAU Community

Brake Cylinder Stopper $70 (plus Delivery) March 2009

wolverine

GROUP BUY ENDS 31 MARCH 2009

UAS brake booster stoppers reduces firewall flex when braking for more responsive braking.

The pedal has a more positive feel (a less spongy feeling).

A must for track days and worth considering for enthusiastic streeters.

DIY installation.

What you get:

5mm laser cut alloy

TIG welded

Anodised black

Stainless allen key adjusting bolt

Stainless mounting bolts to secure direct to recessed nuts on inside of strut tower.

Full kit much is lighter than Cusco and as strong, looks better and won’t rust.

Price: $70 each plus delivery.

Delivery: $12.50 freight and handling.

The RRP from UAS is $95

(This price compares very favourably to the Cusco brake cylinder stopper $175 delivered Nengun).

Installation takes about 10minutes tooles required:

10mm spanner or socket + 5.5mm hex key (or strong fingers and pliers)

Step 1. Remove the plastic covers on the drivers side to reveal the recessed nuts in inner skirt.

Step 2. Align alloy brake stopper and install mounting bolts.

step 3. Tighten allen key adjusting bolt against the brake cylinder.

Step 4. Check and re-tighten bolts after 1-2 weeks.

post-5777-1236053248_thumb.jpgpost-5777-1236053260_thumb.jpg

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO AHEAD PLEASE PM ME FOR PAYMENT DETAILS.

PICK UP AVAILABLE IN SYDNEY.

Group buy 5 or more.

1. Wolverine

Edited by wolverine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what are the chances there is damage to the cylinder wall if you stomp your brakes real hard and the cylinder instead of flexing pushes against the stopper??? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of thick rubber cap there instead of metal-on-metal ??

what are the chances there is damage to the cylinder wall if you stomp your brakes real hard and the cylinder instead of flexing pushes against the stopper??? Wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of thick rubber cap there instead of metal-on-metal ??

i have never heard of damage due to this issue.

the reason for using a metal brace is to reduce the effect of firewall flex so the brakes function as intended.

do you want me to add you to the GB list?

I understand the purpose of it and I'm "probably" in for the next GB due to finances right now .. but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Cusco one has a rubber cap so that the brake cylinder isn't hitting metal on metal as that can damage the cylinder and that all these other copies are just completely made out of metal.

edit: I suppose it would be rather ease to just glue on a piece of rubber on the part that touches the brake cylinder so I guess it's a non-issue. Will you run this GB again later this month? Cheers

Edited by Delta Force

yeah i'm sure this GB can go again if there is interest (and UAS are keen to let me do it again).

i intend on fulfilling the first 5 orders asap. so hopefully pick-ups as soon as tomorrow and delivery once the money has cleared.

regardless, the GB will still be open for the whole month and i will organise the delivery/pickup for anyone else until 31 march 2009 (or UAS run out, whatever comes first. i am assured there are plenty in stock).