SAU Community

Brake Cylinder Stopper $70 (plus Delivery) March 2009

wolverine

hi cassbo

some wag suggested maybe your firewall has flexed a loooong way on previous track days hence the closeness of the fit.

i would make sure you give a bit of a tighten up and check it regularly for the first few weeks in case there is any truth to this rumour and the firewall moves back a bit. :banana:

Edited by wolverine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Latest update:

1. Wolverine : Paid & Delivered

2. Sheng : Paid & Collected

3. Victory : Paid & Delivered

4. Wisey18 : Payment Due End of Month

5. Raps86: Paid & Ready for Collection

6. R34GTFOUR : Paid & Delivered

7. Cassbo : Paid & Collected

8. DaveB : Paid & Delivered

9. BensDR30 : Payment Pending

10. N-Dawg : Paid &Delivered

11. Rocketboy : Pm sent re-delivery costs

12. RobMz : Paid & Delivered

Latest update:

5. Raps86: Paid & Ready for Collection

9. BensDR30 : Payment Pending

13. [ANGRY13] : Payment Pending

14. purpleisafruit : Payment Pending

Just remove the plastic bits covering the recessed holes on the strut tower, attach the plate, put in the bolts and tighten, screw in the bolt against the master cylinder with the flange on the end. After driving check the bolts again later if they need further tightening. Based on what I've read on other forums in regards to brake stopper installation.

My main question is how tight to press up against the master cylinder? even when tightening the big bolt all the way there's a tiny bit of play between then MC and the bolt flange. Should this be pressed right up against the MC?

I've noticed the difference under heavier braking. At the moment my brakes have been quite soft (almost having to put pedal to floor sometimes, it's booked in for new rotors n pads this week and a check of the braking system) but meanwhile this master cylinder has given more confidence with braking the way that it currently is.

If you open the bonnet, put one foot in the car pressing down on the brake (with the car on) and have a look at the movement of the master cylinder you can see how much flex there is. I was quite suprised with mine actually.

almost out of stock until the next lot are made which is approximately 4-6weeks. there may be only one or two left.

Latest update:

5. Raps86: Paid & Delivered

9. BensDR30 : Paid & Ready for Delivery

13. Latinaso : Paid & Delivered

14. [ANGRY13] : Paid & Ready for Delivery

15. purpleisafruit : Paid & Ready for Delivery

Edited by wolverine

My main question is how tight to press up against the master cylinder? even when tightening the big bolt all the way there's a tiny bit of play between then MC and the bolt flange. Should this be pressed right up against the MC?

yeah, that's what i meant be "setting up" :)

Latest update.

5. Raps86: Paid & Delivered

9. BensDR30 : Paid & Delivered

11. Rocketboy : Pm sent re-delivery costs (presuming not interested due to lack of response to pm).

13. Latinaso : Paid & Delivered

14. [ANGRY13] : Paid & Delivered

15. purpleisafruit : Paid & Delivered