SAU Community

Cheapest Smash Repairers In Perth?

shaunvlc

To cut a long story short i crashed my CRF250 into a parked Hyundai Accent. Now anyone would think i was doing the car a favour, however i decided to be a genuine person and give the owner my details. MY dirtbike had collided with the front of the parked Accent causing damage to the front bumper, the windscreen washer bottle and the underneath splash shield. This is all i could visually see that i had damaged. Now the C**NTS are trying to charge me $4000.00 to get this heap fixed. I visually inspected the car and it seemed fine. well fine enough for the guy to drive 600km home to Perth.

They sent me a quote trying to claim $1000.00 in labour dismantling the front end. Charging me to have the:

- RHF chassis rail straightened

- New bumper (I accept this)

- New front bumper reinforcement (I accept this)

- Lower engine splash shield (I accept this)

- Radiator Support panel ( No idea what this is or if i even damaged it)

- New engine cross member (GTFO if im paying for that)

- New front bumper clips ( Probably unnecesarry)

- Splash shield clips ( Maybe necesarry) doubt it

The barstads are even charging me for toxic waste disposal, and to regas the airconditioner!!!!!!

This is not my car, i do not care for this car. the owner tried to screw me over on this bigtime. Kind of regret not starting my bike and riding away. I accepted i was doing the wrong thing therefore gave them my details. Had no idea they were going to F**K me over like this! Got a kid on the way and really cant afford this right now.

Any ideas?

I cant claim insurance as who insures themselves when riding a trail bike????

After a cheapo place to send them to to get a quote. I thought doing the right thing would be appropriate. Geuss not.

Dude if you were on a bike and hit the car and did that much damaged (Bent Chassis and crossmember) id expect you would be in hospital for quite some time and would doubt youll ever walk again.

Your being conned.

I think by law there needs to be 3 quotes done? Get the car to a panel shop you know and have them quote it.

If they keep going with this, being a car park i think you can deny any liability.

Oh and a couple places to ry would be Alpha 1 Panel, Bowra Panel.

Edited by R DIRTY 3

was the car parked on the street or in private/public carpark?

If it wasn't on the road/street you dont have to pay for it.

Some biatch hit my previous car in a shopping car park. Couldnt do shit cause it was in a carpark. Police wont get involved unless its on the road

well thats it. i got straight up and was fine. Mind you i wasnt in a car park dude. i was being a dickhead and riding on the road. then glanced down for a second to see if my boot buckle had come lose and hit a kerb, the bike slid out sideways and BAMMM into the front of a parked Hyundai Accent.

I rung the guy that they got the quote from and told him i think his quote is BS etc etc. He didnt want to reason with me, not that i gave a shit. as if i would choose that place for them to get it repaired.

Now can someone tell me how a dirtbike that weighs roughly 85kg and me weighing the same travelling at hmm about 50kmh can apparently cause this much damage. I live in kalgoorlie mate so thats why im asking who in perth is cheap to get body work done at. I dont care for these people anymore. I did the right thing by giving them my details. Had no idea they would try to screw me over so bad.

The guy at the panel shop that forwarded the quote on said cant do much about it car is still under new car warranty. I said no its not. Its been three years and hes like ahhh, ummm ahhh ahahhaha. D!CK!!!!!!

Anyways guys any help would be appreciated. Im going over seas in 5 weeks, then again in 2 weeks and then have to pay this BS car off. Im in a tight situation. Especially when my missus and i are expecting a child in September.

There is a cheap body shop on I think McDonald st (runs off main street in Ozzy Park) down near Koala storage. Not the best place but the guys are nice and do a very good job for the price.

Also $4,000 to fix a Hyundai!?! Don't you call that a write-off? :)

They definitely need to get at least one more quote. Thats bloody crazy.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

+1 for what R DIRTY 3 said.

go along with the car to a panel beater and ask him to point out all the claimed damaged areas, maybe see if it had previous damage like dents with rust or obvious things like that they might be trying to scam, wouldnt be the first time.

Dude if you were on a bike and hit the car and did that much damaged (Bent Chassis and crossmember) id expect you would be in hospital for quite some time and would doubt youll ever walk again.

99% likely con

the damage you have described is equivelent to hitting a tree at 30-40km , you would not walk away from the force of that impact with a dirt bike

ask for 3 quotes , insist on one of them being a panel shop you know or have talked to

go and see the car at the current repairer , get photos of all damaged parts take those to repairers and get an opinion in writing if you can

its difficult to believe you can hit a car with a dirt bike and need radiator support , re-enforcement bar and cross member replaced

thats a pretty big crash

ofcoarse we havent seen the damage but its still pretty unlikely

Hey mate, sorry to hear but

some of the stuff sounds bullshit, i think he just wants extra stuff fixed while your paying

New bumper (just touching the surface)

New front bumper reinforcement (getting deeper.......)

Radiator Support panel (this is the piece the radiator, headlights, etc bolt onto...)

really need a decent effort to push that back

New engine cross member (lol need a F*CKING decent hit to screw one of these over)

but being his car

i think he has the right to choose the prefered repairer?

go to some smaller pannel beaters and get a cash quote

those are generally the cheapest because if they quote it like insurance work

all new parts etc your gonna end up paying bulk...

Most cars that i get at work that need a new crossmember have normally hit a kerb at a fairly decent speed. There is NO way that you bent it on the bike.

IF the crossmember is bent and IF the chassis rail is bent then id put money on it that the vehicle has had a previous incident with kerbs etc. Offer to pay for the bumper and clips and painting. Any damage you did would be purely cosmetic. The radiator support 'could' have been damaged, but as mention would have to be a decent hit. I would have thought to damage it you would have to hit it front on....i also would have thought you would have wound up IN the car via the front windscreen lol

i did hit the car front on. my bike slid into the front. like i visually inspected the car after i got up and spoke to the guys. from what i could see i busted the front bumper, the windscreen washer bottle and the under water shield. Thats it aye. The radiator was fine etc. So how i busted everything else who knows. But i do beleive these people have backstabbed me bigtime. I could have started my bike and gave it legs out of there. but i am too honest to do that to someone.

I would love to be able to organise to view the car at a smash repairer but i live in kalgoorlie. the guys car is actually his mums and they live in Perth. So thats why i am asking around. Technically shouldnt i be able to choose the repairer so long as it is MTA approved or whatever its called.

I had a similar situation like this about 6 years ago with my ex wife. She hit another car from behind, did minimal damage to both cars and they both drove away without a problem. The other drivers' brother was a mechanic and he was at the scene and said to my ex that there was less than $1000 damage so don't even bother to report it to the police.

Approxiamately five months later we have a bill for $7500 with all sorts of repairs on it from their insurance company (they respray the whole car ffs lols). We ignore the bill. About two months later their insurance company calls us and asks to be paid out, we say gtf off and explain that it was a small rear end bingle and why is there repairs to the front and a total respray. They say if you don't pay we will get the debt collectors onto you, we say go for it. To cut a long story short after numerous threats over the phone from the debt collectors they gave up and went away, I guess after being told to f.ck off every time they finally got the message.

An interesting thing about this situation was that once the insurance company handed it over to their debt collectors they were not interested at all in discussing the situation.

Always remember in an accident never ever admit liability (been told this by police and a couple of lawyers) as you lead yourself wide open to this sort of rorting.

If I was you shaunvlc I would stand my ground and not pay a cent. The guy is not going to take you to court to recover his money for two reasons: 1) it will be too bloody expensive and: 2) he is trying to do the dodgy on you and won't want a court to hear about it as he will get his butt booted out of there and have to pay all costs. Don't even bother seeing a solicitor as they will probably charge you at least $300 dollars for a hour of their precious time and may well give you similar advice to what I just wrote.

The person you hits repairer HAS to take photos before they carry out the work. You can ring up the insurance company and request photos. Even the smallest dent done by your bike means they have to replace the whole part i.e. i reversed into someone not along ago and slightly scraped there tyre, I had to pay out a new tyre for them. I really cbf taking that to court (coz it could have been from him hitting a kerb etc etc.) so I just payed for it, last time I ever be courteous and leave my details :) jk!

Probably should have written down the Details to a Hyundai Dealership :) rather than yours, because i Highly Doubt that you did all that damage and walked away.. He should have just bought another one with that Repair Bill...

Thats why it pissess Me off When good People make mistakes, Try to Rectify them by giving out details, and get Fkd over...

Good Luck with it all.

Edited by Stealthed

cheers for the advice guys. Got a call from their insurance company yesterday. The dumb btich had no idea what she was talking about. I was very rude as i was pretty insulted with her saying i was liable for the whole lot.

There is not much i can do. Everyone has different answers however i have pretty much come to terms with i will have to end up paying something, how much is the question. The insurance company will pay the owner of the car off, which is good, and then they will come to me looking for money from me. Its a fcuked up system really. I am going to set a limit and tell them im not paying anything more than that. I will explain the damage i caused was superficial (cosmetic) and they can go fcuk themselves for all i care. Why do good people get fcuked over!!!!

why do people think that if they have an accident in a carpark you cannot claim for the cost of repairing the damage - THIS IS NOT TRUE, yes the Police may not get involved, but it is a civil matter anyway, who cares what the cops do or do not do.

^^^

Let them come for you and set your limit at $0. I understand the reasons why you want to pay a fair amount for the damage you caused (all decent people do) but these people have shown that they are not decent by trying to make you pay for damage you have not caused. In the case I stated before we refused to pay for unwarranted repairs and they went away once they realised they were not going to sucker us into paying up. These type of people prey on decent peoples' fears and desire to do the right thing. You say there is not much you can do, well I disagree with all respect, don't give in to these sh*theads.

The insurance company will give you a hard time for a little while, they will then pass it on to their debt collectors who will try to threaten and bluster you into paying and then they too will give up. If you pay any money they will know they have you and lean on you for the rest.

why do people think that if they have an accident in a carpark you cannot claim for the cost of repairing the damage - THIS IS NOT TRUE, yes the Police may not get involved, but it is a civil matter anyway, who cares what the cops do or do not do.

Agreed. The police only need to be involved if there is any personal injury or there is extensive damage to vehicle or property.