SAU Community

Targa Tasmania 2009

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

now that your race is over, record some more girly yelps for us to chuckle at :woot:

Aww LOL :laughing-smiley-014:

Congrats Snowy!!! Awesome Result :)

Ben and timmy are going hell for leather!!! He needs to stop attacking Tasmanian fences though! Getting revenge for Andrew.

Modern has been totally shaken up as Steve Jones crashed this morning, Weeks has made a massive charge and also.........Jim Richards crashed! First time he has ever not finished a targa stage.

Ben and Tim are winning Classic by 28 seconds and with 5 Porsche's behind them, that's what we like to see :P

putting them 15th place OUT RIGHT which is Awesome and beating 10 GTR's in there R32 GTS-T !!!!!!

Edited by RAZOR32

seems every one is updated.

Woolster is going faster now that he has scratched the paint. its not going to get much worse. i took a pair of indicators and a mirror up for him but i believe there is minimal damage bar cosmetic.

2 R35s off today. i came across the Steve Jones crash. wasnt to bad as far as car damage. navigator was out and walking but steve was still in the car when i left and i have since heard that he was taken to hospital with lower back pain. they would have had some hang time judging by the speed and hill he launched over.

according to everyone launch control is the ducks nuts on a GTR. every one has been commenting on the mainions car off the line. we rotated tyres today and it seems the aggressive launches dont do much for the rear tyres.

well im off down the west coast. no phone and no internet for the next few days.

good luck to every one

seems every one is updated.

Woolster is going faster now that he has scratched the paint. its not going to get much worse. i took a pair of indicators and a mirror up for him but i believe there is minimal damage bar cosmetic.

2 R35s off today. i came across the Steve Jones crash. wasnt to bad as far as car damage. navigator was out and walking but steve was still in the car when i left and i have since heard that he was taken to hospital with lower back pain. they would have had some hang time judging by the speed and hill he launched over.

I was wondering where a couple of the GTRs were when I was at Targa Fest, now I know.

I went in, took some pictures, had a bit of a sticky beak around the traps.

I decided I'd be foolish and link you all to them.

http://www.projectrb.com/?page_id=48

They are foolishly on my quasi-blog-that-I-haven't-updated-in-a-while.

Enjoy, if anyone wants to look. Damn hard to get pictures of some cars, so many people crowding around.

Cheers,

Rob

Hey boys and girls - I'm back! :wub: Thanks for all the comments and support we recieved - it was hugely appreciated even if we didn't have time to reply down there. We did get it all.

But what a buzz that event was and the result was really just a huge bonus. I really thought after lunch on Day 1 I had no chance but then the crazy man came out and changed things around. To get a result in anything down there I've quickly learnt means a wild ride the whole way.

And I've also learnt that the boys at the pointy end of the serious catagories are in a whole new level - I'm blown away by what they are doing. Madness really - especially that boy Wooster.

Anyways - will load some in-car ASAP for you all to have a look at.