SAU Community

Computer In R34 Gtt

Carbon 34

I have a series 2 , 2000 GTT and the computers in the boot are in my way, can anyone tell me what they go to ? before I spend a while looking at wiring diagrams? need to move them for audio install if possible?

PS the car has jap sat/nav/tv as well

cheers

Not sure if it helps, but thoses computers control the HICAS systems

figured that out, but no help

I think the middle one might be a sat nav computer but havent removed it to see yet?

cheers anyway

I have a series 2 , 2000 GTT and the computers in the boot are in my way, can anyone tell me what they go to ? before I spend a while looking at wiring diagrams? need to move them for audio install if possible?

PS the car has jap sat/nav/tv as well

cheers

________________________________________________________________________________

As an owner of a R34 Coupe with the Xanavi sat nav /tv/cd pop-up screen I can tell you the middle larger boxy thing with the AV (red green black etc coloured ) cables going in and out is the unit that takes signals from the various antennas embedded in your rear screen and sends them on to the Xanavi HU in the dash - these then are processed futher into audio TV or Sat nav on your screen (in theory at least since you cannot get the sat nav or tv to work in Aust without a lot of effort). I haven't looked in the boot area for a long while so cannot remember what the other 2 boxy things are.

Warning - You cannot remove the above unit without accessing and undoing a screw inside the car behind the rear seat - a lot of extra work - just undoing the screws that you can see in the boot is not enough.

Wiring diagrams for these units ? Your dreaming - you finding one is improbable like winning the lottery - anything you do is more likely going to be trial and error.

And you may want to consider that removing this unit and associated wiring may mean you lose the powered boost of signal to your radio (cassette ) unit so it will become rather redundant.

Why do you want to remove the unit? - is the pop-up screen still working on the AUX settings and when CDs are playing ? see pic - some people feed AV in via the box in the boot to get TV and movies on the screen.

My best suggestion is unless the extra bit of boot space is critical to you just leave the whole lot intact - you can still update to a modern new HU without removing that stuff.

post-57849-1236221148_thumb.jpg

post-57849-1236221263_thumb.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________

As an owner of a R34 Coupe with the Xanavi sat nav /tv/cd pop-up screen I can tell you the middle larger boxy thing with the AV (red green black etc coloured ) cables going in and out is the unit that takes signals from the various antennas embedded in your rear screen and sends them on to the Xanavi HU in the dash - these then are processed futher into audio TV or Sat nav on your screen (in theory at least since you cannot get the sat nav or tv to work in Aust without a lot of effort). I haven't looked in the boot area for a long while so cannot remember what the other 2 boxy things are.

Warning - You cannot remove the above unit without accessing and undoing a screw inside the car behind the rear seat - a lot of extra work - just undoing the screws that you can see in the boot is not enough.

Wiring diagrams for these units ? Your dreaming - you finding one is improbable like winning the lottery - anything you do is more likely going to be trial and error.

And you may want to consider that removing this unit and associated wiring may mean you lose the powered boost of signal to your radio (cassette ) unit so it will become rather redundant.

Why do you want to remove the unit? - is the pop-up screen still working on the AUX settings and when CDs are playing ? see pic - some people feed AV in via the box in the boot to get TV and movies on the screen.

My best suggestion is unless the extra bit of boot space is critical to you just leave the whole lot intact - you can still update to a modern new HU without removing that stuff.

The whole dash equipment including the screen is being redone with 7"widescreen format lcd, dvd, cd player , and the antenna is bypassed already, I have a hidden amplified model until i find a nice tiny shark fin off a wrecked BMW or ?, diversity antenna from nissan are crapola, even when new. the carbon fiber/plexi sub box is going to be installed behind the seat and ported thru the rear deck , just trying to clean up the area as much as possible so i dont loose any boot space. redoing since the car is going into car shows and sound offs now. figured the center one was the sat nav, judging from the connectors on it just wanted to confirm it.

not removing it so much as just moving it, some cars have built in rollover devices that if moved shut the engine down, cause it thinks the car has rolled over, they hide them in the boot area. so I didnt want to move the computer if it does something like that, or ?

I have the r34 wiring diagrams but they need to be blown up to read, tiny as hell writing.

it takes me less then 5 min to strip out the whole back seat, side panels and rear deck area on my skyline, ..lol so not too much work to gut the computers out of there spot.. and park them under the rear seat or behind a side panel..lol coupe model

my dvd controls and a/c is different then yours, S2 car made in 9-2000 , so more a 2001 model year car..

thanks for your input mate, just confirms my suss

cheers

[quote

.......................I have the r34 wiring diagrams but they need to be blown up to read, tiny as hell writing.

thanks for your input mate, just confirms my suss

cheers

yea - if you doing the major project that stuff will be redundant

if you have wiring diagrams either post up or pm docs to me if you don't mind sharing - will to add to my info base - thanks

:)

• 1 month later...

hi~~ i wondered how you reuse that pop up screen by watching TV or watch DVD? i might get interested at reusing that screen as a TV~ how do i get DTV? Is that Xanavi screen touchable?