SAU Community

Is There Such Thing As A Hoon Database?

Luckieee

Anyone here know if theres such thing as a hoon database? My mate today got caught drag racing with some random, anyway the cops didnt 'see'

it they just heard it and they asked for licence etc and got their number plates and said "you guys are in the hoon database"

is it a scare or is there actually one?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, i would like to know too. A work mate drives a 180sx, and has a load exhaust. He gave it a bit too much stick in the car park and apparently someone phoned the cops, a few minutes later, the cops ring him up on the work phone abusing him.

also, is there a loophole into this? you can just get different number plates.. :| True? because ONLY that number plate is under their system.. and vicroads arent linked with the police (as the picture doesnt come up when they do a registration check (vicroads has the pictures however))

i got caught doing something in dandenong (no it want drifting!) cops said our plates would be on a "black list" and if we even got seen down in those parts again wed get impounded, duno how true this black list thing is though..i wouldnt wana test it though... hmmm...

I am on this "list" apparently, i was driving up to lilydale one night quite late and got pulled over. Got asked if ive been in trouble with the cops before i said no, she said ok wait here. She then came back and said remember what happened in october last year? I was like, no? She said you were spoken to in albert park yada yada, im on the suspicion that your'e here to hoon and i will radio the other cars in the area to keep an eye on you.

So yeah, im f**ked. One stupid thing and im finished.

Anyone here know if theres such thing as a hoon database? My mate today got caught drag racing with some random, anyway the cops didnt 'see'

it they just heard it and they asked for licence etc and got their number plates and said "you guys are in the hoon database"

is it a scare or is there actually one?

yes DOB in a hoon is a internet based website that targets hoons and to dob them in.......like a forum

and they were featured in 'Acurrent Affairs' many years ago....

a mother who got sick and death of seeing hooning was the founder......

anyhow..... you never tell us what area you are in.....

and where did it take place?

because if its the dodgy south west in sydney area around... Whetheril Park, Cabramatta, Fairfield, Smithfield, St Johns Park, green valley, etc etc etc......

the council has actually set up a Hoons hotline which they have joined forces with the Fairfield City Police..... and you can dob in a hoon....(im guessing its just for that area not the whole of sydney)

this was on the news... and it is said that there is a GUARRANTEE that action will be taken for EVERY single call.......

i think this is a good idea..........to stop idiots....

but then again....how accurate is it? i mean.......if i hated someone i could jsut try and dob him in and set it up?

hmmmmmmmm

Pretty sure the "blacklist" is real, its a mark against your rego info when your looked up on a police computer.

A hoon database wouldn't surprise me...have never heard of it before but you don't exactly get to see what the police store on you too often.

I swear, that is a TRUE story, and yes, i did get spoken to in october last year. It pisses me off real bad because i don't know how long that will be on the record for, i don't even know if it will ever be cleared. All for doing one stupid thing. My driving record is actually pretty immaculate, just a few speeding tickets here and there thats about it. Doing one thing wrong and now i'm viewed as being some sort of hardened crim.

I am on this "list" apparently, i was driving up to lilydale one night quite late and got pulled over. Got asked if ive been in trouble with the cops before i said no, she said ok wait here. She then came back and said remember what happened in october last year? I was like, no? She said you were spoken to in albert park yada yada, im on the suspicion that your'e here to hoon and i will radio the other cars in the area to keep an eye on you.

So yeah, im f**ked. One stupid thing and im finished.

October last year hey Ev? Hope that wasn't in my car young man... : P

similar to what your talking about....this is a public online based one.

http://www.ratetheplate.com.au/

Seriously! how much of a nerd would you have to be to actually do this? :D Well his a example of what im guessing someones whos a member below would say!

"Hi im a member of ratetheplate.com.au and i love being a pretend police officer, im also a part-time tennis ball stamper which can get crazy at times! My other hobbies include peeling oranges, watching paint dry, watching grass grow and my favorite reading the dictionary!

Get a life people! :banana:

nah adam, wasn't your car lol. it was the new one i got. still though i don't think changing plates will change anything, it would probably come up when they check your licence details anyway.