SAU Community

Putting an extra turbo to the R33 GTST

supra

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt polish the exhaust manifolds much, too hard to reach some places and you cant really see it under the turbos and everything anyway....

I removed the head studs and used new high tensile bolts (plenty of antisieze too:P) Inside diameter of the pipes is the same as the outlets on the head. No port matching was needed:)

hmtwin.jpg

I did a big write up on polishing on www.calaisturbo.com just look for the editorials.

Originally posted by mambastu

If you'd taken the trouble to read all the posts you'd see that Stimpy says he's running 10psi in the post before mine.....sounds like thats full boost ;)

i did read, there is no such thing as 'full boost'

that term is just thrown around.

maybe, Max Psi or something, or ... how MUCH psi are you running.

But if your runing say, 15psi, does that mean you are at full boost?

:) i think not.

Originally posted by stimps

ermmmm..well im an industrial electrician and i get around 20 bux an hour....and i put in around a years work of my free time (and some of my works time too hehehe) and yeah if you put a figure on it...yeah id say about a years wages.......SHIIIIT.

I simply went the twin turbo way because it meant bigger turbo power for basically bugger all money. Had a spare turbo, did some welding..wallah.

So approx how much do you get a year... do you work 6 hour days or 10 hour days?

But it's good to see, give the person (who cant do it themselves) and idea of just how much it would cost.

Originally posted by R31Nismoid

i did read, there is no such thing as 'full boost'

that term is just thrown around.

maybe, Max Psi or something, or ... how MUCH psi are you running.

But if your runing say, 15psi, does that mean you are at full boost?

:)  i think not.

Eh ? Do you actually read what you type ?

Max PSI, Max Boost, Max bar....its all the same ;)

Stimps, all your pictures have disappeared bud :)

Originally posted by mambastu

Eh ?  Do you actually read what you type ?

Max PSI, Max Boost, Max bar....its all the same  ;)

;)

you read :bahaha:

Define the term full boost... lol.

Put it this way... i wask you what RPM you him 'full boost'

what is full boost? :rofl: :bahaha: :bahaha:

Thats splitting hairs a bit isnt it?

Full boost in my book is the max boost that is being run, so it may be 1 bar if you are running 1 bar, or 1.5 if you are running 1.5bar boost.

If you dont know what max boost someone is running, then yes, the terms full boost or max boost by themselves would be very arbitary.

Hi guys, from what I can tell from the previous posts, Stimps could have bought all the bits, got the satisfaction from fitting them himself, worked the saved hours in his job and put $10K in the bank. Ohh and when he sold the car he would get more for it because it would be full of "brand name" parts.

Add it up for yourself, it's frightening.

I prefer the middle route, where I do as much as I can, but when the fabrication hours look too high, I buy the parts and fit them.

Interesting thread this one

Apparantly a stock GTS has 187 kw of power, vs a GTR making 206kw of power stock. The GTS weighs less than a GTR and without doing the calc, it was told to me that the GTS-t has a better power to weight ratio.

So the GTS-t is faster, provided both are factory stock.

Provided the GTR really has 206KW... which i think we all know it doesn't... closer to 220kw. I think i speak for everyone here when i say i have never seen a bog stock GTST drag off a bog-stockGTR and win... I have seen a light-modified GTSt drag off a bog stock GTR.... and loose. And power to weight isn't everything either... there are a multitude of other factors.

Originally posted by Sydneykid

Provided the GTR really has 206KW... which i think we all know it doesn't... closer to 220kw. I think i speak for everyone here when i say i have never seen a bog stock GTST drag off a bog-stockGTR and win... I have seen a light-modified GTSt drag off a bog stock  GTR.... and loose. And power to weight isn't everything either... there are a multitude of other factors.

such as area under the curve. If you dynoed both stock cars, I think the GTR would show more usable power area under the torque curve which in turns makes the car faster. Even tho both cars may have the same peak power output. The GTR has broader power delivery due to more turbo, and the cam profile is slightly more agressive. Correct me if im wrong but I think this is mostly the case.

Sydneykid : the only brand name parts I have installed are a malpassi fuel regulator, and Haltech E6k. I bought the plenum, and modified it slightly. Everything else is more or less other stock parts modified or home made (pipework etc) If you wanted to include them, I guess you could add a Link Lambdameter and E boost boost controller to the list too.