SAU Community

What Is A Ricer?

Spynic

hi all

i have just spent 8 years in the uk and have been back for nearly a year and keep hearing peoples cars refered to as Ricers?

what is this! lol sounds stupid but we never used this term in the UK.

any help would be good :-)

cheers people

derogatory term, generally refers to Jap cars in general and thats the way you'll hear it used alot.

Within Jap car circles it generally refers to a car thats done up cosmetically (usually badly i.e. neons, big stickers, sound system, rims from bob jane that dont fit etc) and has no go.

The term rice burners was originally used by bikers with Harleys to rip on guys that rode jap bikes ages ago. somehow spilled over onto imported cars and was shortened to ricers. I only ever fuel up with 98 octane sake anyway.

ahhhh sweet cheers guys

it all makes sense now, weird how sayings move around. i better keep the neons turned off lol (they came with the car honest!!)

people actually make websites about this stuff??

its interesting over here how people who enjoy cars are classed as "hoons" ( i know its the small minority that ruin it as always)

in the uk you get called a "Boy Racer"

crazy really

Oh so ur a UK boy?

Well well well. So most boy racers have FWD cars in UK. cos insurance is so expensive and so far away from the japan imports that we get more readily.

There are more terms like rice burner is generally small displacment turbo engines from japan. There is also chook cooker. (chicker cooker) which is a rotary engine (roticary).

Boy racers here are generally Evo's and Sti's because they are of the few Jap performance cars sold currently in Aus

yh it does sound gay lol

i used to have a Supra manual TT but i still got classed as a "boy racer" but never mind lol i was only 21 cost me £2000($4000) to insure a year :-)

note the spoilers and gauge on bonnet facing the wrong way.

post-39812-1237018895_thumb.jpg

post-39812-1237019104_thumb.jpg

i remember my mate running out to his pig sil80 coz the alarm was going off and the neighbour saying to him "your rice is cooked". lol