SAU Community

Nissan Gt-r Wagon Makes Debut At Nagoya Auto Trend 2009

hmm...380RS sounds nice...but it just reminds me of the Mitsubishi 380...it's the first thing that comes to mind

but nevertheless..if nissan/autech made a Stagea 380RS - it would really give the Audi RS6 Advant a kick in the pants and a run for is money.

I'm not a big fan of the M35 rear but the quad pipes at the bottom does set it off a little bit

I was not a fan of the rear of the M35 either, until I watched the Nissan mechanic burble his way in my M35 into the service area.

Don't know what it was, the car just looked ready to take off!...

That being said, there is still something that is "not right" to me when I look at it.

I don't think that it is the reflectors that go to the roof, but probably more the red reflector around the reversing lights (maybe)... Would probably look better if they were colour-coded (can't quite justify the wallet-rape for the Dolphin covers though).

Yeah unreal idea... how can nissan ignore something like this? Wagons are becoming such a big thing when it comes to performanc cars, Audi's RS6 wagon and RS4 Wagon (estates or avants whatever they are) E63 wagon, M5 Wagon... people want performance car wagons!! GET ON IT NISSAN :)

I did this quick photochop of the rear, no offence to the 35 lovers but i just can't stand the lights that go up the back pillar makes them look more of a volvo in my opinion. If they got rid of those and it acutally had the GTR engine and running gear it id have one for sure! would def have to be the 360RS tho... what else haha

post-40810-1236651770_thumb.jpg

Now I would buy that. Those Tercel/Volvo tail lights really turn me off the 35. For safety I would fit a spoiler with stop light.

I wonder how hard it would be to do this mod? Any ideas?

front cut R35 GTR rear end write-off: 50k?

M35 good gond, front end wreck: 10k? or cheap import 20k

engineering etc, 20k plus surely on the cheap side

finished on road with custom flared rear guards, kit etc, 100k is my guess at the least, based on finding a front cut R35 from middle of roof/chassis forward and actually engineering the chassis as a half-replacement for the M35.......

100k todays money might be falling short tho

but give it a few yrs and when there are more R35 wrecks around it'd be worth a shot. :)

finished on road with custom flared rear guards, kit etc, 100k is my guess at the least, based on finding a front cut R35 from middle of roof/chassis forward and actually engineering the chassis as a half-replacement for the M35.......

but give it a few yrs and when there are more R35 wrecks around it'd be worth a shot. :)

Yep, $50k minimum for an R35 halfcut for the moment - but they'll come down in price. With that said, I wonder what the compatibility between the two are like, as the R35 was specifically developed seperate to the rest of the Skyline platforms I believe? Would make it a hell of an engineering job :(

Couple more pics. This thing is HOT!

post-58515-1236832488_thumb.jpg

post-58515-1236832497_thumb.jpg

Having another look... Sorry, can't help it.

Those are not stock M35 doors either.

I was so happy with my Stagea before I saw this. Now.. I feel incomplete

And those doors are definitely not even close to stock. Damn they did a good job of this

youre gonna need more than the front cut of an R35, the gearbox is in the back! youll probably need that bit ;)

Hopefully in time someone would engineer a complete kit like the masa r34gtr front (that was easier though as the 34gtr was based on the skyline platform). Now just cut the roof off and make it a ute and that would be sweet. I still think the c34 series were meant to be utes and not wagons! And as sweet as this is (it actually makes me want to buy an M35) I'd still take a wgnc34 ute with a r34 front any day!

• 1 year later...

there should be a kit around - F that 50K - tried google but having a hard time - i want to check kids heart website but all in japanese

Google Chrome is your friend, it can utilise Googles translation capabilities to translate websites back to english on the fly thumbsup.gif

apparently someone did it in UK, for around the 15k mark?? im not sure..

http://www.skylineow...ad.php?t=151343

Won't be cheap...

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drift-car-projects-builds/123083-littleknocks-stagea-gtr.html

But seriously, what's the point when you only put a kit on instead of a proper R35 front cut? All show and no go :nyaanyaa:

Edited by ironpaw
  • Like 1

http://www.driftwork...stagea-gtr.html

But seriously, what's the point when you only put a kit on instead of a proper R35 front cut? All show and no go :nyaanyaa:

That's what i am thinking - just kit for the front not an actual front cut - to be honest I like the look of it - does not matter if it is a no go car -