SAU Community

Cyclists?

Jay_R33

Hey all,

pretty much as topic states, what ur view on cyclists on our roads, especially around the peninsula..i live on the mornington peninsula and every weekend when driving to work theres always one million cyclists..whom to me dont obey any road rules, now dont get me wrong ive got no problem sharing the road but to an exception, they dont pay rego or insurance to be on the roads so they dont have right to take up as many lanes as they want or hold up a lane, if people have to be places they dont wana b travelling at a friken 20 km below the limit cuz of bikes...problem is these day most of them are aggresive and if you beep there ready to go ya, for example the other day down nepean highway where it is two lanes they were holding up one lane and ahead was a car parked so they all instead of slowing down all decide to pull out into my lane so i swerved to miss them right into the next lane which was oncoming traffic, now had there been a car poof im dead along with the other driver, but imagine if i didnt see them and hit one im in jail for years because if anything happens its our fault, i got to the petrol station in the morning there all there chatting holding it up not a care in the world i gotta say, excuse mate can i get thru IM IN A DAMN CAR far out

anyway i know people have strong opinions yay or nay and no offence intended if u ride bikes as i said got no problem if they also abide by the rules

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do the best I can to avoid the cyclist and if Iam driving in the left lane and see a cyclist, I will change lanes and give them plenty of room and indicate for a longer period of time just to make sure they see me changing lanes.

Yes they don't pay rego, insurance, parking and other things but they seem to get to use the road as much as we drivers do... What can you do? Win / win for them I guess.

I got friends who ride to work so I do talk to them about them using the roads and ask their point of views.

Funny tho, afew weeks back I saw some "Bike Road Rage" LOL!.

It was down a one way street and a racer cyclist came flying down and another cyclist on his BMX (from memory) was coming in the opposite direction and the racer cyclist said to him "Your on the wrong side of the road!" The BMX guy thought for a split second and turned his head and yeld "What the F**K man?!"

I mean, ok it was down a One Way street but the racer said your on the wrong side of the road and its not like it was a busy road... Could have easily avoid each other.

A friend of mine went through a red light and another cyclist pulled up next to him and said "You should not run red lights, it gives cyclist a bad name"...

So some cyclist really obey the rules and some don't...

LOL!

Yes it is fustrating to follow behind a whole pack on the road so either be patient or speed up and over take with care.

I live on the Mornington Peninsular aswell they are an absolute pest i dont believe in this crap they have a right to the road aswell....if i accidently hit one i couldnt imagine how guilty id feel they shouldnt be on the road there should be places for them to go like skateboarders have skateparks dirtbikers have there tracks and since they feel they have a right to our road then maybe they should have to pay rego less than cars and motorbikes but they should have to contribute

maybe you who lives down there should get together to local council and propose a proper bike lanes ???

although I'm sure council would rather build metered parking bays rather than bike lanes...

I guess nothing else you can do but to have a light right foot and drive 20km/h below the limit, going slow won't kill you...

there are bike trails for a reason, i used to ride, but none of that gay spandex and thin wheel fag BS, and i kept out of the way of cars...

in other words,

THEY f**kEN SHIT ME

especially when people like me use part of yarra blvd as a shortcut from riversdale rd to burwood rd, and EVERY f**kEN TIME there is one flamin mongrel riding down the middle at 20km/h

yes i road raged bad today

maybe you who lives down there should get together to local council and propose a proper bike lanes ???

although I'm sure council would rather build metered parking bays rather than bike lanes...

I guess nothing else you can do but to have a light right foot and drive 20km/h below the limit, going slow won't kill you...

the council wouldnt give a stiff as u said they would be more concerned putting more mobile speed camera around..yeh u just gotta put up with it simple, going slow wont kill me ur right but mate if im working and wana be there on time i wana at least travel the damn limit not get up earlier to leave earlier because of cyclists u know...i respect your opinion though bro :P

I live in Tassie and here they are all over the place. even on the hwy. Doing 20kmh 3 a breast.... i think just hit them with the door when you go past... I think the roads would be safer with them on the footpath... they think they own the road...

+1 on bike tax and also penalties for driving too slow on the hwy.

Make the Bastards pay rego, Green slips ( after all they can hit and injure people too ) and make the bikes wear a numberplate and have to go for rego inspections just like all of us every 12 months. I dont really know if red light cameras will pick up a cyclist running a red, but if they cant detect a bike,modify it so it can. Also 3rd party insurance a must also

Edited by GTR-32U

Make the Bastards pay rego, Green slips ( after all they can hit and injure people too ) and make the bikes wear a numberplate and have to go for rego inspections just like all of us every 12 months. I dont really know if red light cameras will pick up a cyclist running a red, but if they cant detect a bike,modify it so it can.

you just made me think of something else... I hate how they can get off their bike and walk across the road when there is a red light. I would love to see someone turn the car off and push it through a red light and see what happens... If anyone says that's different they are a hippopotamus.... or just a hypocrite.

the council wouldnt give a stiff as u said they would be more concerned putting more mobile speed camera around..yeh u just gotta put up with it simple, going slow wont kill me ur right but mate if im working and wana be there on time i wana at least travel the damn limit not get up earlier to leave earlier because of cyclists u know...i respect your opinion though bro :P

Yeah, anything money making they'll (and/or vicroads) put their hands up first.

Then you gotta wake up earlier... the only thing the government will be pressured to build proper bike lanes is if there are enough numbers of bicycle riders get killed colliding with traffic on a daily basis... they won't give a damn unless blood has been spilled...

Now please note that I am NOT suggesting any of you to get any idea of taking dramatic measure to speed up the process of pressuring council / vicroads to building bicycle lanes...

Make the Bastards pay rego, Green slips ( after all they can hit and injure people too ) and make the bikes wear a numberplate and have to go for rego inspections just like all of us every 12 months. I dont really know if red light cameras will pick up a cyclist running a red, but if they cant detect a bike,modify it so it can.

Facial recognition red light/speed cameras?

Facial recognition red light/speed cameras?

Well if they are made to wear a number plate both front and rear just like all of us other road users picking them up running a red shouldnt be a problem

you just made me think of something else... I hate how they can get off their bike and walk across the road when there is a red light. I would love to see someone turn the car off and push it through a red light and see what happens... If anyone says that's different they are a hippopotamus.... or just a hypocrite.

thats if they get off the bike at all. I live in bayside and the amount of times I see cyclists ride straight through a red light it's rediculous. Then on bad days they will ride 4 or more wide taking up a lane and a bit more

Don't beep at a cyclist or one day they might turn around and bite your face off. Your not as safe in a car as you think when you all have to stop at the next red light.

Don't drive the Yarra blvd as a short cut and expect not to see cyclist as it's very well known that is where many of them ride, Show some respect when driving in their known riding areas. Take it extra easy when overtaking them as it's not all about yourself.

If you ever hit one in your car, there is a good chance you will kill them. Not something to look lightly upon. Road rage is for people with small c@cks.

some of them have a real chip on their shoulder and they show it which in turn will most likely make one more motorist hating them....like me for one. Just like someone posted up earlier about the cyclist yelling "your going the wrong way", I parked my car, checked behind me for cars usually and it was clear so i cracked the door open just to catch a cyclist coming up so I waited a good 5 secs for her to pass before i got out. As she passes the mole yells out "check your mirrors idiot". I felt like throwing a stick in her spokes. I don't hate all cyclist, just the ones in spandex that take themselves all too serisouly, thinking that they are all steven segal, above the law.