SAU Community

Cyclists?

Jay_R33

I'm all for bicycles using the roads... ...As long as they stick to roads that are 60Km/h or less... ...I see them all the time along Princess Hwy in peak hour and there is a perfectly good service lane with a 60Km/h limit there for them...

I got abused a few weeks ago for hogging the left gutter (over the apparent "bicycle lane") when I was three cars back waiting to turn left at Caulfield Monash... ...I'd had my left indicator on right after I went past him and there was another car that followed me past him as well... ...The car behind me was also turning left but was probably about 2 foot away from the gutter...

The reason I always hog the gutter when I turn left after passing a bicycle... ...When I was about 7 or 8 my mother ran over two girls on road bicycles with an old landcruiser when mum was turning left... ...Mum was waiting for a pedestrian to walk across the street she was turning into and the two girls decided to ride between my mother and the gutter... ...Right when the pedestrian finished crossing... ...Lucky for my mother there was two cars behind her that saw it all happen... ...one was a retired ambo...

They tried to take it to court but ended up having to pay damages to my mother to get the landcruiser fixed... ...just a lick of paint over the scratches to the left hand doors...

Road rules also state that a bicycle can't turn right from a right turn lane at lights... ...they have to do a hook-turn from the left lane... ...Or dismount and use the pedestrian crossing lights... ...Time and time again I see bicycles turning right from the right turn lane and it shits me to no end...

As I said... ...I'm all for them using the roads... ...as long as they stick to roads that are better suited to them...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought of something else too...

What will they do when we all go Electric and are just as silent as they are... ...Bet there'll be a heap more being run down because they didn't hear us coming... ...But we'll still get the blame...

Don't beep at a cyclist or one day they might turn around and bite your face off. Your not as safe in a car as you think when you all have to stop at the next red light.

Don't drive the Yarra blvd as a short cut and expect not to see cyclist as it's very well known that is where many of them ride, Show some respect when driving in their known riding areas. Take it extra easy when overtaking them as it's not all about yourself.

If you ever hit one in your car, there is a good chance you will kill them. Not something to look lightly upon. Road rage is for people with small c@cks.

or road rage with your windows up and stereo's on is for people who want to let out frustration/angry in that situation for their mental health :cool:

i dont expect not too see cyclists, i just expect them to share properly. i wont pass where there are parked cars, all i ask if for them to keep the required distance from the gutter when there arent cars there, so i can safely be on my way.

get off your f**ken high horse, i used to ride everywhere, and i always did my best to keep out of cars way!

THEY SUCK... with their tight homo pants... and their penis shaped seats

they take up the whole fkn road and think its all theres. ive seen one wanker f**kin around in one lane...wtf?

you just made me think of something else... I hate how they can get off their bike and walk across the road when there is a red light. I would love to see someone turn the car off and push it through a red light and see what happens... If anyone says that's different they are a hippopotamus.... or just a hypocrite.

They can only do that with a green pedestrian crossing - off the bike they're considered a pedestrian and must follow standard pedestrian rules.

some of them have a real chip on their shoulder

This thread shows that quite a few drivers do too

Road rules also state that a bicycle can't turn right from a right turn lane at lights... ...they have to do a hook-turn from the left lane... ...Or dismount and use the pedestrian crossing lights... ...Time and time again I see bicycles turning right from the right turn lane and it shits me to no end...

I'm pretty sure that they're allowed, the law is actually that cyclists may make a hook turn at any intersection, but it's optional

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/NR/rdonlyre...vinginVicRR.pdf

THEY SUCK... with their tight homo pants... and their penis shaped seats

they take up the whole fkn road and think its all theres. ive seen one wanker f**kin around in one lane...wtf?

THEY SUCK... with their homo tin cans...

they take up the whole fkn road and think its all theirs.

Oh look, it works the other way too, seriously get a grip

whats even better is that one of these fagels thought he could lean on my car at a traffic light just so he didnt have to put his feet down for balance. went off my nut at him. who the f**k does he think he is?

Don't beep at a cyclist or one day they might turn around and bite your face off. Your not as safe in a car as you think when you all have to stop at the next red light.

Don't drive the Yarra blvd as a short cut and expect not to see cyclist as it's very well known that is where many of them ride, Show some respect when driving in their known riding areas. Take it extra easy when overtaking them as it's not all about yourself.

If you ever hit one in your car, there is a good chance you will kill them. Not something to look lightly upon. Road rage is for people with small c@cks.

Cyclists are a road user same as cars, motocyclists, pedestrians etc. The public road system is for all road users. Respect the fact that your fellow human being is unprotected and give them the same/more respect as any other road user. As a regular cyclist, I see the unsolicited angst against cyclists all the time. There is no need for hero car drivers to brush past you with 3" clearance, blast the horn, rev limit your diesel and haze us in black smoke. So understandably we get upset as you are potentially trying TO KILL US !!

You might be just f**king around but it is the cyclist that will be in hospital or dead. Think about that a little.

Dont ever try this shit on me as if you happen to get caught at a red light...I'm dragging you out of your car and beating the @#$% out of you as a lesson.(about once a month on average and the heroes are invariably spineless cowards that whimper alot)

So chill and show the cyclists some respect, it may just be someone you know.

haha would love to see their face when you pull up to their window...I bet they wind it up quick smart!

seriously cyclist aren't that bad, for the amount of shit they have to put up with... some motorcyclists shit me though, never seem to be doing the speed limit, weaving in and out of cars, riding in your blind spot... and worst of all, using the bicycle lane:/

more cyclists means less cars on the road, less traffic and less pollution... can't be all bad!

I drive to work everyday, and there is always some cyclists holding up a lane or 2 in peak hour traffic and lean on people's car at the light.

I'm fine with them most of the time and sharing the road with them, just pisses me off when I running late for work.

Edited by Nismo Racer

Cyclist runs a red light kills a pedistian 200 buck fine. A motorist Jail minimum!

I think the legal system obviously thinks that motorists have greater rights to be on the road to cyclists as there penalities are harsher.

If cyclists are curtius when holding up traffic, use bike lanes/paths where possible, and don't sit in my blind spot(goes for EVERYONE), then i wont get angry with them haha.

Most of those things apply in some way to all road users tho.

True that Crispy fries...It's just a show of common sense and respect for other road users.

She's probably had someone open the door on her at one time and so she thinks its perfectly acceptable to give me some lip and ruin my day because yeah I'm driving a hoon car. I'm sure she wouldnt have said anything if it was an elderly old woman in a volvo.

Meh, not too fussed by the majority of them, as most of them do the right thing.

It's basically the same principal with Car enthusiasts vs. Hoons. It seems as if a lycra clad rider never obeys the road rules etc., when in actual fact it's moreso the minority that ruin it for the rest of them. Same goes for us with cars.

From the "pen" same are as the op, agreed they certainly suck some serious ass out this way. You can even give them bike lanes and they'll still ride in the left lane 3-4 abreast.

I also straddle the curb at intersections ect when they're around, simple reason is I've already passed their erractic no rules asses once why try my luck twice. I have the same ire for lane splitting m-cyclist, if you have to do it atleast take off faster than the car you've just pushed in front of.

Chumps!

Edited by madbung

Cyclists are a road user same as cars, motocyclists, pedestrians etc. The public road system is for all road users. Respect the fact that your fellow human being is unprotected and give them the same/more respect as any other road user. As a regular cyclist, I see the unsolicited angst against cyclists all the time. There is no need for hero car drivers to brush past you with 3" clearance, blast the horn, rev limit your diesel and haze us in black smoke. So understandably we get upset as you are potentially trying TO KILL US !!

You might be just f**king around but it is the cyclist that will be in hospital or dead. Think about that a little.

Dont ever try this shit on me as if you happen to get caught at a red light...I'm dragging you out of your car and beating the @#$% out of you as a lesson.(about once a month on average and the heroes are invariably spineless cowards that whimper alot)

So chill and show the cyclists some respect, it may just be someone you know.

I'm a cyclist, and i've been hit by two of you dumb arses with bad attitudes - while doing the right thing. Both times I've been ok. Bike not so much.

1500kg vs 90kg - which do you think wins?

Don't think i don't give cyclists doing the wrong thing a serve when they run red lights etc...

If anyone ever saw you on a bike, ben, they'd be a bit silly to try and kill you. lol.

I'm a cyclist, and i've been hit by two of you dumb arses with bad attitudes - while doing the right thing. Both times I've been ok. Bike not so much.

1500kg vs 90kg - which do you think wins?

Don't think i don't give cyclists doing the wrong thing a serve when they run red lights etc...

If anyone ever saw you on a bike, ben, they'd be a bit silly to try and kill you. lol.

put on some weight, problem solved

From the "pen" same are as the op, agreed they certainly suck some serious ass out this way. You can even give them bike lanes and they'll still ride in the left lane 3-4 abreast.

This is my problem, they ride down the nepean hwy on the weekends dozens of them and not one damn one of them on the bike track right next to the road. Cyclists can use the road all they want just obey the rules and be practical.

As an avid cyclist I see both sides of the coin. I invariably drive more than I cycle at the moment with the work commute and weekends but I do hear the pain of motorists. I like to give a friendly "dickhead" out the window to cyclists that disobey lights and don't signal as I do when on the bike.

Plenty of bad parties on both side of the table. A number of car drivers will rather than wait in a queue, squeeze up the inside of a line and cut cyclists off to beat 5 cars in a queue, only to be in the same line at the next lights. A number of cyclists dont obey red lights and don't signal.

I did my cycling test at 11 years old on the roads in the UK (not mandatory but advised by schools over there) which has stood me in a good position to share the roads with other users such as horses, cars, push bikes etc. Cyclists dress is no issue, we all see riced up cars and thats a cyclist's way of ricing up, all show and no go.

Better driver training and cycle training is needed and less traffic lights which piss both parties off :/

Quick edit - I have been knocked off twice while living in Australia, once by a hoodlum by the name of Brisby and the other by some moron who fell off crossing my path and caused several hundred $$ worth of damage to my front wheel and brakes to which he paid none of on repairs. In the UK cycling over 10,000 miles a year for several years, I came off once on black ice entering a corner too fast. No hard feelings Bris as you had more damage than me.

The main place i come across the leg shaving homo's is on beach road, which of course they should not be on because tax payers have paid for there own f**kING BIKE PATH.

I also love it when these homo's bitch and moan coz its scary when trucks go past, and what happens at the next set of lights, they ride right on past which means we have to pass them again, ive even gone to extreme of pulling up across a lane so they cant get past, so what do they do, they go on the footpathto get around, can any one look up the phrase "COMMON SENSE", the first time i pass one i give them plenty of room, if i have to pass the same guy again they get 2 feet of space and i cut back in early.