BOVs: Cool or Not Cool?

pentae

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kr1sh

if u dont like it, go drive a camry!

HEY!!! kr1shhhhhhh! wats wrong wit driving a camry. I drive a camry, not that it's my choice or mine. Although i'm gettin my skyline in a few weeks, i love my parent's camry coz it takes me to uni without me having to spend ages taking public transport!!

Long live the camry :P

Coming from someone who has never owned a turbo car (YET). I have to say that everytime I hear it (BOV) I love it and feel jealous and it makes me really want a Turbo.

When I get my Turbo I will have to put a BOV on it. Perhaps an adjustable one.

To me it's similar to preferring the look of the 911 rear with the "Turbo" badge over the 911 rear without it!

LOL.

Originally posted by kr1sh

but how mad does it sound wen u rev ur car up and then u hear this "PSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT" sound and then everyone just turns around and looks and ur like, thats right u mofo's, stick that up ur ass! cmon, dont deny it, u love it.

Thats awesome!!! Gotta love it!

Hey pentae not trying to argue or anything i like BOV's it adds some originality and distinguishes a car. Do u like exhausts cause the "wank factor" associated with them is far worse than BOV's along with systems and stuff. Its what u like. It still sounds mad with the stock plumb back tho...

Pentae, the only wanker I can see here is you. Why do you care so much what other people do to their cars? I personally don't like GTR badges on GTS-t's, but if someone wants to do it, I won't care or abuse the owner because of it. I also don't like loud PSSSHT bov's, but I have an atmo bov myself because it came with the car. It only goes off under hard revs though, just driving normally you can't hear it and I like it that way.

Also, you need to learn a bit more about how bovs actually work. If you remove it completely, you can get a fluttering noise out of your air filter as the air bounces off the throttle body and gets chopped up by the turbo on the way back out. Does this sound also make the car owner a wanker?

You really need to show more tolerance because if you ever go on a cruise you're likely to get into an argument with half the car owners there that have bovs.

i reckon a properly setup BOV that is actually doing something beneficial rather than just purely for the PSSSHHHHTTT is cool. There's and idiot rex owner that lives near me that has one of those megasonic pos bov's and it just sounds lame, goin around a corner at like 10km and theres this huge sound coms from his car like its jus been pelted by 50 bajillion waterbombs.

Why do you care so much what other people do to their cars? Lets pretend these people are trying to look cool and impress people… so what, who cares? Sure it might be a little silly but why does it annoy you so much? I sense a little bit of an inferiority complex here…

I don’t particularly like bovs but I don’t really dislike them either. Each to their own I guess….

Bov’s do serve a purpose though… why else do you think so cars come with them stock?

Hey Gerby,

Actually nothing pleases me more than to wax some idiot in a WRX or even a skyline at the lights who has a A/M BOV.. If there was no BOV's it would be no fun out there. :)

I just personally think they are lame and was seeing what everyone else thought.

Meh :D

Y`all gotta remember, theres 500,000 17 year olds out there (who dun know nuffin) who phink BOV`s are tha bomb.

Whhooosh... ....whooosh.... extacsy. And all for $200 giv or take $200...

So as long as there are 17 year olds... theres gonna be cringe-worthy shite happening to cars.

IMO BOV`s should be plumbed back on sub-200kw cars.

Seems alot of people in here are uni students..... To me, it still means kids... I think the main people, and most important people who are not big fans of bov's, are the transport department, and the cozza's.. and thats all that really matters on this issue. Im sure, when a turby vehicle goes by with bov action, weather your walking, talking or farting, your gonna look and go, "cool.... turbo dude!" There is a possible chance you would even give them the thumbs up aswell. Your not gonna go "f*****g wank!" Why? Because were all turbo vehicle owners.. better than bombadore and falcoon owners. Oh, pentae, dont let the females from uni play with your mind.. seems thats whats happened with this post...

i am part of the "kids" group and i must say i still am a fan of the old bov, mainly because i dont have one

but when i hear them on shittie cars its just not right

if the car looks really nice thats different then it suits otherwise not really

thats my random thoughts anway