SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Isola you putting a remote start alarm system on your car ? If so, do you know where the relay is so that the car doesn't start in gear ?

*end serious note back to reality*

oh look a duck.

nah, no remote start for me :D I wanted a remote start alarm, but really just needed an alarm in and going to insure the car. Kinda just planned on keeping the mongoose for a while and changing over down the track. Kinda wish I had have just gone with the one I wanted from the start now though. To answer your question - just leave it in neutral all the time like I do :)

my serious question - does your remote start work when the steering lock is on?

*general ramblings and suggestions*

At this point in time, I highly doubt the boot an bonnet pins are wired up/even installed. Figured the doors would have at least been something standard that was done on every car. Need to get it sorted out ASAP though, because my insurance doesn't actually cover me unless I have an immobiliser AND an alarm installed.

Granted I've not yet checked the power steering fluid, but I figured it'd be full because everything else was when I bought the car. And knowing my luck, it's more likely to be the pump. No warning light on though (don't know if there is even a warning light for it on the dash?) Not the end of the world as I hate power steering anyway... it was just that it was one more thing to frustrate me after getting raped by the auto electrician.

Hope you find a unit soon dude. Share housing sucks hairy jew nuts :)

also john - i think ive found those wheels you were after

enkei rpf01

Not them, but thanks anyway dude.

thanks for the input guys. there was something else I was going to say but can't remember... *shrug*

nah, no remote start for me :) I wanted a remote start alarm, but really just needed an alarm in and going to insure the car. Kinda just planned on keeping the mongoose for a while and changing over down the track. Kinda wish I had have just gone with the one I wanted from the start now though. To answer your question - just leave it in neutral all the time like I do :D

my serious question - does your remote start work when the steering lock is on?

*puts on serious hat and pipe*

The remote start that I have will start the car with the steering lock on and if the car is in gear. But with the relay switch if the car is in gear it clicks on and disables the remote start. The relay switch was a option that they put in for me as apparently its illegal to have a remote start on your vehicle if it is a manual as you can start the car in gear and watch it merrily drive down the road.

*removes pipe*

john if you want a good auto electrician try toowong car electrics in black street milton, not sure what he charges but he does our stuff for work.

You still got hicas too yer? maybe got a leak in the system there somewhere. I say lock it and new pump to a rb25 pump

Dan - thanks for the tip. I might check them out next time. Right now though auto electricians are on the top of my kill list.

so... for those of you playing along... an update on the FO':

Power steering is probably the belt. We forgot to change it :)

Brake lights - still playing up

Reverse lights - still playing up

Head unit - now wired up and working like a dream thanks to Jack at Phantom Motors :) (side note for Martin & Dan: My pioneer speakers are rooted, so I need new 6" speakers. Just going to buy 4 6" speakers the same and save the headache of trying to get those 6x9s in the doors).

Amp - working fine

Dome light - working

Headlight - still need new globe

Map lights - still need one globe

Paintwork - filthy - car wash tomorrow night? :dry: