SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

LOL

Also:

1) You don't go to ice cream meets any more :D

2) You took the penis off your bonnet for the track day, and as such, I have lost all respect for you

:P

1) im not one to just sit and eat ice cream :(

arent you the same tehehe

but seriously - was going to tonight but cant, next week ill be there fo sho!

2) im sorry i <3 you

1) im not one to just sit and eat ice cream :P

arent you the same tehehe

but seriously - was going to tonight but cant, next week ill be there fo sho!

2) im sorry i <3 you

I might be there too. =P

Gonna give dan a call and see if I need those bloody bushes. f**king hell... everytime I deeper to what I need, I find a bigger hole in my pocket.

speaking of tyres, i would have to say the admirals (kuhmos cheapo range) that i was using yesterday were amazingly good, and at $90 each they'e nice and cheap too!
I dunno... he said they were rebadged khumos *shrug*

nice one bro

and i love the advans

Copy pasted rant from my build thread on lowball club :P:

OK so I picked up my panels, and unfortunately, after getting home and checking them out, I'm not real happy :laugh:

The guard is GREAT. Really happy with how that turned out. Which is good, because once it is back on, the other two parts are easy to get on and off

The filler panel has a big run in the paint, and what looks like a chip/bubble where the grey is missing, but has been clear coated over :thumbsup:

The front bar is even worse. The vents have not been repainted, so must have been mounted AFTER he painted it (I told him to do it before as there is some paint chips in the vents) and have been attached dodgily with sikaflex. There are HUGE gaps at the top you can see the sikaflex through. There are a number of imperfections in the paint, and the black at the top is not 'shiny' like the rest of the car - its pretty much flat black.

So, pretty annoyed right now :laugh: . But I think the plan of attack will be to put it all back together, then drive it to him to point out the things I am not happy with and see what can be done. The reasons I want to put it back together first are:

1) To see if there are any other issues (ie guard not lining up right or something - not likely but worth checking)

2) It will be easier to show the difference in the black compared to the rest of the car.

I have fixed up all the surface rust in the engine bay with my custom 'engine bay grey' paint. This includes the bonnet hinges, inside corners of the bonnet, underneath the bonnet hinges, underneath the guards, etc. IT was all very light surface rust (sanded of with 800 grit) but now there is none :) . The only bit left to paint is the tops of the strut towers, which paintmaster dan is going to do for me tomorrow.

So hopefully that all goes well, and I will put it back together on the weekend, and go back to the paint shop with a please explain on Monday.

Just goes to show that just because a place is recommended to you as being good, doesn't mean they necessarily are.