SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

ohk well i have a z32 AFM chillin' in my room, however bigger injectors + ecu = $$$ fml

alright well i guess ill give old dan a bell and hold my ankles

what ecu does it have now?

And a noun. And a prefix.

Is it in the dictionary yet?

ohk well i have a z32 AFM chillin' in my room, however bigger injectors + ecu = $$ fml

pain mang. Can you use second hand gtr injectors? that would probably save some money.

Is it in the dictionary yet?

pain mang. Can you use second hand gtr injectors? that would probably save some money.

nah, stock sr ones are almost the same size as gtr anyway! s14 are 440cc and s15 jdm are 480cc

the ecu, which was thought to be stock - turned out to be an aftermarket one of some sort, a japanese dr drift sort of thing - im not sure on its maps etc

Well in that case i wouls assume that tuning is more than likely the culprit, I thought you had it tuned already when i gave my other suggestions, first port of call tuning, injectors to small ect can be tuned around, but i would be concerned for my engine running unknow tuning and experiencing hesitation, what was the cause of the last failure? The ecu could have had somthing to do with that engine dying too

yeh - the guys who sorted out the timing discovered the ecu. the dyno run to sort out timing was included when i bought the new motor - so no "tuning" went on

alright well ill turn the boost down in the mean time and try and get it on the dyno

yeh - the guys who sorted out the timing discovered the ecu. the dyno run to sort out timing was included when i bought the new motor - so no "tuning" went on

alright well ill turn the boost down in the mean time and try and get it on the dyno

sounds like a solid plan!

Might as well chuck on the z32 (just)before the tune too

PS! JOHN!

did i see you post a link to "secretdick" on the last page?!?!

WOOOAH

you've changed man, but im not complaining ;)

Indeed. I'm like an epic classifieds lurker these days :)

Or a pimp 33 4 door...

mmmmmmm rolling sechs

Tristan you should talk to Dan at ERD, he is pretty sick at over the phone diagnostics, just dont take too much of his time cause i want him to finish my engine :P

I really have to remember to call him about an attesa filter one of these days

someone just replied saying AFR should be checked out and therefore needs dyno time

he also said 1 bar is too high on stock injectors/afm

ugh GAY

Thought you had a Z32 AFM? That'll easily hold 1 bar mang

He has some experience with SR's, he is the RB guru but very good with SR's too

but if he suspects it is sensor or elec problems he will likely send you to EFI, which will make you cry, because they have an ocilliscope and he doesnt

Going to EFI would even make baby Jesus cry

the ecu, which was thought to be stock - turned out to be an aftermarket one of some sort, a japanese dr drift sort of thing - im not sure on its maps etc

Oh, I have a "thought to be stock" car too, but it just keep throwing me goodies and surprises! I want to check my ecu, and do a dyno run. Just to see what's really inside it.

ah the joys of my car :(

+1 for every other bastard in this thread

ohk well i have a z32 AFM chillin' in my room, however bigger injectors + ecu = $$$ fml

This 'splains Z32ness

yeah... in your room will help. Now you can run like 2 bar through your desk. Win.

Put it in the damn car and get it tuned :)

PS don't remember seeing it - but did anyone say fuel pump? Is that still an old one? Or has it been replaced?

PPS there was like... one whole page just about dongs. Not a bad whoring effort, I must say.

yeeh john i have a z32, but i didnt fit it up - guess now im going to have to hahaha

joy!

Fit it and run it and see how it goes. Might go ok, might drive like a bag of shit and need a tune, but you might be lucky and it'll just run.

aww really? :) that sucks. I was hoping he might fluke it

It *MIGHT* be OK for just babying it around for a bit, although its highly unlikely.

Is DEFINITELY a bad idea for driving it hard/pinging of limiter for drift. The mixtures are going to be wrong, and most likely they will be lean. Turbo engine + lean = splode

It *MIGHT* be OK for just babying it around for a bit, although its highly unlikely.

Is DEFINITELY a bad idea for driving it hard/pinging of limiter for drift. The mixtures are going to be wrong, and most likely they will be lean. Turbo engine + lean = splode

hmm... this is very true.

damn... well... get it fitted and tuned son!!