SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

And knocked off for the day.

Had to go in early for a departmental meeting, but the stupid bitch that was meant to be there forgot all about it.

ahh well, super productive start to the week

Really? Is that how you're meant to pronounce it? Apologies if I've been getting it wrong all this time...

All good. The training manager at work has been calling me Mee-shu for the last 4 years. I now feel it will be awkward to correct her after so long

All good. The training manager at work has been calling me Mee-shu for the last 4 years. I now feel it will be awkward to correct her after so long

I shall have to obtain the correct pronounciation from you next time you come out :P

Edited by Smity42

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• another update on mine. got fuel issues sorted and maxed out the turbo on a mainline hub dyno: Final results are 420kw @ hubs @ 18psi on 98RON, and 500kw @ hubs @ 23psi on E85, with full boost hit by ~3700rpm (but for 20psi and above we roll the boost in to be nice to the rods) VID20240803132144 (1).mp4 Specs: Rb30 block Tomei 256 poncams CP pistons 8.75:1 compression MRP rods ARP rod bolts, main studs, head studs Stock crank RB25 oil pump RB25 head Vct enabled Kelford valve springs Home ported Vipec i88 NZ wiring cam trigger kit Greddy intake manifold Sinco twin scroll t4 manifold Borg Warner S361SX-E Turbo Precision 66mm wastegate  Twin 3-port MAC valves for boost control 1550 xspurt injectors Twin In-tank Walbro 460lph fuel pumps (staged) Ethanol content sensor Custom 4" exhaust  
    • Hey buddy, ‘may I ask what width rim u are running with those new 275/40r/18’s, love the tyre thickness and beautiful job on your car too bro 
    • been a while since I updated this post so heres two years worth of stuff. In may of 22 the head gasket decided it wanted to let combustion get into the coolant, so the head came off got a skim, there was no sign of any damage to the gasket or signs of where it was leaking. so ditched the cometic head gasket and went to a Nitto one. and I've not had any issues with it since. so never use cometic head gaskets. after that i got a Radium fuel pump hanger setup to overcome the fuel issues we had on the dyno, its a nice bit of kit but its so hard to get into the tank with the stock fuel level sender (I've since gone to a Frenchy's Performance Garage fuel level sensor as mine wasn't working): So I had the fuel pumps sorted and went back to the dyno: but still had fuel pressure dropping off, turned out my -12an fuel filter was the restriction and could have been the cause of a lot of issues I've had regarding fuel flow. The filter it turns out is only rated to 7psi and was collapsing and causing a huge restriction. That was replaced with a Turbosmart fuel filter. And back to the dyno but this time a mainline hub dyno: This time I had voltage issues when the car was on e85 and set to 20psi, below that it was fine, so called the day at that point to chase wiring issues, by made 470rwkw on a mainline at 6500: so re did some wiring, replaced the alternator with a reputable branded one, changed the radiator to a Koyo one and installed a Frenchys radiator shroud as my fenix one didn't survive the head gasket and i was using a temporary one for a long time, I went from a four port boost solenoid to two three ports for better boost control. Then took the car back to the mainline dyno where finally we got a successful day. The turbo works really well on the RB30 and is able to make well over 20psi of boost well before 4000rpm which is more torque then i want to throw at the rods and tyres, so for the "full power run" it actually has a softer boost hit by design where it ramps to 20psi at around 4000rpm, then cranks up to around 23psi at 5000rpm and holds around there for full power. Final results are 420kw @ hubs @ 18psi on 98RON, and 500kw @ hubs @ 23psi on E85, with "full boost" hit by ~3700rpm   VID20240803132144 (1).mp4  from here I need to get some tyres for the upcoming drag season and see if i can improve my 11.8. And look into gearbox options, a 8HP sounds really appealing and would make this an absolute monster, but i do like having a manual, so will save and see if speedtek gets any better. here is a pic of the car out and about: but thats it for now, I'll post any updated times as I get them. and a massive thank you to @Lithium for all his efforts on the car over the years
    • what 8HP did you end up with? and do you mind sharing what its cost to get it going? i'm on borrowed time with my 25t box, and am looking at options, either a speedtek gearset or a 8hp75
    • Easyy ill check thankyou for help mate 🙂