SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Hey, we're back :D

Sarp Mangs, hope you all had a good newtonmas n shit.

Took a detour on the way home yesterday to avoid highway traffic and ended up lost in a forest near woodford on dirt tracks. Good times, 31 is a mud slut and she loved it.

RE: Tavern night, yeah I'd hit it.

Whats on for new years?

Edited by Smity42

Morning mangs! - Feels good to say that again hahaha

Christmas was meh. Grandma passed away the night of the 23rd. So bit of a sucky time around here at the moment.

NYE = don't care in the slightest. I hate new years, it's so overrated, I've had one good new years which is better than all the other ones put together. I'll have to do something -reasonably- good with the missus though considering we've been together 3ish months... I'm running out of time to figure that one out though. Thinking about going somewhere nice... dunno any more than that! Any suggestions?

aloha. Christmas was ok. we spent it a Buderim Tavern and spent the rest of xmas day and boxing day in Mooloolaba. Too much rain.

On another note, I'm looking for an N/A 34 sedan. Anyone know of a decent import car yard? I've also been looking importing one, as they all seem over priced locally.

aloha. Christmas was ok. we spent it a Buderim Tavern and spent the rest of xmas day and boxing day in Mooloolaba. Too much rain.

On another note, I'm looking for an N/A 34 sedan. Anyone know of a decent import car yard? I've also been looking importing one, as they all seem over priced locally.

Due to the P plate laws, I think their asking price may have even increased in recent times.

Morning Mangs,

Cricket. LOL.

Anyone want to come for a scouting run for a 31 club cruise I am organising, assuming we get some sunlight over the next week or so?

For that matter I need a nav for the cruise. 16th Jan. Anyone?

sau up again. i thought there was something wrong with my server.

That's what she said.

got some vouchers again, they have changed the deal tho...

second meal is $5 now, not free :(

still great value tho :)

That's what she said.

Christmas was meh. Grandma passed away the night of the 23rd. So bit of a sucky time around here at the moment.

:( :( :(. Sorry to hear that dude, that's not good at all.

fark, way too many drinks last night. still feeling hung over.

attempting to move as little as possible.

That's what she said.

Oh yeah the 31 is gone. Replaced by a GPZ250 just need to sort out a license now :-)

approved-stamp.gif

Too much rain.

This.

Get a 31.

Due to the P plate laws, I think their asking price may have even increased in recent times.

This.

i think it's $700ish to get a highflow. Don't quote me on that though was like 3 years ago the last time I checked. I'll do a scouting run whenever. I'm back in work on the 4th though and I'm going to wet n wild tomorrow. I can be nav aswell if it is a 31 only cruise.

Sorted out the shed with mum n dad today. Threw away most of the shit I pulled off the 31, I didn't realise how much shit I hoarded for it in the year I had it lol. Anyone decided what's going on for new years? If nobody else has anything on I'll probably just go home n bring in the new year with the family. If anyone is keen you're welcome out in the boomba.

yep. You basically have 2 options.

GCG highflow and the Hypergear highflow.

GCG have changed their website and the specs of the turbo. Bottom line is it's a 100%-bolt-on-no-mods highflow. They use genuine Garrett CHRA's as they are authorised Garrett dealers. The catch is they cost $1955. They quote 240-250rwkw is achievable.

Hypergear have different options for their RB series 'bolt on'. 360, 430, 450, 480 and 500HP options. Prices range from $800 through to $1200 +GST. Catch is they don't use garrett cores, so you'll need to fit one of their oil feed lines that cost $80.

They are use non ball bearing CHRA's, but this can be a blessing in disguise. Plain bearing/journal bearing turbos with 360 degree thrust bearings can handle higher shaft speeds (read; more boost) for long periods of time.

The difference between non-BB cores and BB-cores in regards to lag on highflows is negligible as larger wheels with different trims will dictate boost response. Stick a TO4E comp wheel with a 'Stage3' T3 exhaust wheel (commonly known as a Sierra Cosworth rear wheel) with a BB core and non-BB core and the difference is only a couple hundred RPM.

Well know I'm off the beaten track, Here are the websites for both.

GCG Highflow

Hypergear Highflow

GCG highflows can be picked up for anything from $1100-$1600 second hand. I bought mine for $1600 about 3 years ago.

Hypergear items tend to sell for $600+ second hand.

Morning mangs! - Feels good to say that again hahaha

Sorry to hear this. Sorry I just skimmed this morning.....

Sarp mangs. Christmas was good n yeah still no plans for new years. Keen for tavern night. Oh yeah the 31 is gone. Replaced by a GPZ250 just need to sort out a license now :-)

WooT!

I dunno. I was down at Auto Import Centre and the guys there said they've had a hell of a time selling them. There is one there I'm looking at that's $15k. I asked what he thought it would go for and he said $10k. Still trying to convince Nat to let her SP20 go. Once that's done and i'll go in there offering $9K cash. lol

Anyone got some coin for me to borrow???

Morning Mangs,

Cricket. LOL.

approved-stamp.gif

This.

That is all

Hahahaha I like that you approved Colin ditching the 31... yet tell Scott to get one

One eyed Dirty-hwan owner........

Will probably go for the Hypergear highflow cause it's cheap ;-)

yep. You basically have 2 options.

The difference between non-BB cores and BB-cores in regards to lag on highflows is negligible as larger wheels with different trims will dictate boost response. Stick a TO4E comp wheel with a 'Stage3' T3 exhaust wheel (commonly known as a Sierra Cosworth rear wheel) with a BB core and non-BB core and the difference is only a couple hundred RPM.

Hmmm $800 + $80 + optional high pressure actuator (what pressure?) + $30 shipping...

That sounds pretty nice. What kinds of pressures do they generally run through high flows? They steel-wheel them don't they?

Sorry to hear this. Sorry I just skimmed this morning.....

All good mang

whenever really, as long as it isn't raining.

next few days are shit, funeral & woodford folkie for new years... sometime maybe the week before your proposed run i could be down

My turbo sounds like it's about 10 seconds away from converting itself into lots of tiny pieces of shrapnel :(

This sucks. What turbo is on there at the moment? And what did you do to it!! lol