SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

better than my wife loosing both her grandparents in the last 4 days... :(

Sorry to hear mate... that's terrible.

About to go to jaycar to get shit to fix my dodgy speedo

I love a good jaycar trip :) and how's the turbo holding out mang?

Happy new year to everyone by the way! 2010 was a pretttttttttty good year overall for me...hoping 2011 will be even better.

Anyone?

My knowledge of different turbos is limited to "Ooohhh... pretty..."

3076's are meant to be very good turbo's for rb25's. very responsive and deliver great power. I would prefer one of those for my car, rather than my current turbo, due to very similar power with better response.

with that turbo, you would obviously need to also upgrade your computer and fuel system.

so to cut it short, it's probably one of the better turbos going around for the 25, if that's the power you are chasing

highflows are also a good option, if you aren't after 300rwkw, due to response and bolting straight on

the gtrs is also meant to be a good turbo, with a slightly lower power rating than the 3076, but better response, but kits are quite pricey and you don't see too many second hand examples floating around.

so to cut it short, it's probably one of the better turbos going around for the 25, if that's the power you are chasing

highflows are also a good option, if you aren't after 300rwkw, due to response and bolting straight on

the gtrs is also meant to be a good turbo, with a slightly lower power rating than the 3076, but better response, but kits are quite pricey and you don't see too many second hand examples floating around.

And i just happen to have a couple of externally gated 30/76's laying around. :whistling:

3076's are meant to be very good turbo's for rb25's. very responsive and deliver great power. I would prefer one of those for my car, rather than my current turbo, due to very similar power with better response.

with that turbo, you would obviously need to also upgrade your computer and fuel system.

Could I run it with my current computer and fuel setup, just lowish boost (Maybe 10-12psi) until I get around to doing the ECU and injectors?

And i just happen to have a couple of externally gated 30/76's laying around. :whistling:

Anything internally gated just 'lying around'?

Could I run it with my current computer and fuel setup, just lowish boost (Maybe 10-12psi) until I get around to doing the ECU and injectors?

Anything internally gated just 'lying around'?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

theoretically, you could, but not recommended. completely different sized turbo, pushing completely different masses of air. the engine would run, but god knows what would be going on with your fuel air ratios.

if you are planning on keeping the stock computer and injectors for a while, but need to change your turbo, high flow or maybe a r34 turbo would be your best options, as they are close to stock and would do the job until you upgraded. you could probably get away with only doing the ecu if you went down that option.

God damnit, think my turbo's starting to have issues now as well.

Second time it's happened this week, when warm, and boosting around 5-7psi both times it happened... this weird noise that soundsd kinda of like a duck quacking.

So it's like.... vrrrrr + induction sucking sound + turbo spooling + excitement building + QUAACCCKKK = lose power and rev down again.

It's not fuel/boost cut, I've had that happen before. Sounds like arse, whatever the f**k it is.

Maybe a good excuse for an upgrade? Are you running an rb25 in your 31 Martin? I never had any idea lol

Hahahahaha that's great, I want one!

What's involved in putting an R34 turbo on my R33? I know the R34's have a larger OP6 rear housing, but how does that translate in practical use? Do I need to change anything else to suit? Or does it just bolt up samesame to my R33?

as far as I have read, it's a straight fit, but I am sure someone with actual experience in doing it might be able to confirm for sure, just in case some of the lines don't line up and need modifying.

theoretically, you could, but not recommended. completely different sized turbo, pushing completely different masses of air. the engine would run, but god knows what would be going on with your fuel air ratios.

if you are planning on keeping the stock computer and injectors for a while, but need to change your turbo, high flow or maybe a r34 turbo would be your best options, as they are close to stock and would do the job until you upgraded. you could probably get away with only doing the ecu if you went down that option.

:(

Surely as the AFM would keep measuring the mass of air though, so as long as you kept the mass of air within the stock ecu's tuned range it would be OK? My ecu has been chipped for more boost than std.

My turbo is already a 34 turbo, the other upgrade option would be a high flow. Can I get away with the stock ECU for a while with a high flow?

God damnit, think my turbo's starting to have issues now as well.

Second time it's happened this week, when warm, and boosting around 5-7psi both times it happened... this weird noise that soundsd kinda of like a duck quacking.

So it's like.... vrrrrr + induction sucking sound + turbo spooling + excitement building + QUAACCCKKK = lose power and rev down again.

It's not fuel/boost cut, I've had that happen before. Sounds like arse, whatever the f**k it is.

Maybe a good excuse for an upgrade? Are you running an rb25 in your 31 Martin? I never had any idea lol

Group buy on high flow turbos? Sounds kind of like the noise mine is making, but mine doesn't lose power. Turbo still holds boost just sounds horrible while doing it. And it starts making the noise basically as soon as it comes on boost.

Yeah 25 in my 31, with an R34 turbo.

It has been raining, you checked under the bonnet to see if you haven't got a duck under there?

I check for ducks every time it rains, sneaky little buggers have a habit of getting in there. I blame skins.

Hahahahaha that's great, I want one!

What's involved in putting an R34 turbo on my R33? I know the R34's have a larger OP6 rear housing, but how does that translate in practical use? Do I need to change anything else to suit? Or does it just bolt up samesame to my R33?

Should basically be a straight fit. You might need to add a fitting somewhere for a vac line if there isn't one on your intake piping, from memory the 33s have it on the turbo and the 34s have it on the piping. I got a fitting welded on the turbo elbow for mine.

as far as I have read, it's a straight fit, but I am sure someone with actual experience in doing it might be able to confirm for sure

That's what she said.

Emanage would do heaps better than SAFC

Emanage does your ignition & injectors as well as bending air flow (which is all SAFC does)

I was in the process of saving my pennies to buy an Emanage blue off a mate in late january... but now that may have to wait due to recent developments. In any case, that's the path I'm going down.

Turbo

Clean & flow test injectors

Maybe FPR if needed

Emanage blue

Win

Turbo upgrade was going to come after the computer, way down the track, if needed. Should be able to get over 200rwkw on stock turbo, even up to like 230+.