SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

In a great end to the year my gearbox may be going the way of the dodo :(

After a little spirited driving this arfternoon it suddenly decided to put its self into "safe mode" or whatever it's called. 3rd gear only and the A/T light was up on the dash. Pulled over quickly, turned her off and let her sit for a little while. Struggled slightly when starting her back up, bit of a lurch and was back idleing like normal. Was a bit cautious on the way home.

Major sadface, can't afford an expensive mechanical issue, I wanted to buy an S13 in a couple of months.

rebuild,trans cooler and shift kit and extra clutches :) fixed. I have just the guy to do it and hes around the corner from you.

Trans cooler is already in place :) shift kit is desireable, and a high stall as well.

Any idea what he charges for all that? Contact number/website so I can get a quote?

bob grant automatics coorparoo. he's next to the train station. did the subaru box and whilst not cheap has taken a fair bit of abuse. best to cal him for cost or take the car there. expect $4k though,.

Mangs,

Last day of holidays for me pirate.gif Sadly didn't get everything finished on the GTR. New turbos are on but the oil drain hose for the front turbo is now too short to get onto the block. so tried to get a length of hose today and the only place open didn't carry any that size, I'll have to sort something out in the week. Also forgot to buy gaskets for the dumps to the front pipes and Autopro failed me once again by only having 1 gasket in stock.

Other than that the break has been a relative success. All the hard part is done with the turbos so now all I have to do is fit the intake stuff and remainder of the exhaust and then sort out a bracket system for new pod filters. Then the only other thing to do is install the new fuel pump and get it to Dans/EFI for injectors, cam gears and a tune.

Also managed to get the bike running again with Dad's help and helped Dad swap the suspension over into the ute. Once the GTR is sorted we can focus a bit more on getting the motor in the ute and everything up and running. I think next up Dad wants to strip and paint the engine bay.

Boz that sounds like a perfect excuse for manual conversion. Do et!

Brandon I can't do this weekend because I'll be finishing everything off on the GTR ready for the cruise the week after. Maybe the third weekend in January? or is that too close to Straya day? I dunno either way we'll get something sorted.

Edited by Beelzebub89

Back to work today....

Col, is the line to short or does the oil drain fitting hit the housing?I may be able to get hold of some drain fitting spacers for you. Just need longer bolts to fit the drain.

I have been kicked out of my office for the morning while a staff member gets debriefed in there.

Now just sitting in the meeting room wasting time as I didn't bring my laptop in as I was spending the day in the office.....

Morning Mangs,

Business as usual tonight?

Just sent my ECU down to Nistune for the new chip and so he can put a base tune on for me. Going to be a big weekend this weekend trying to get everything ready for Monday/Tuesday. Want to have the car ready for the first happy laps of the year if not I'll either have to come as a passenger with someone or ride the bike >_<

What's going down in here?

Not much, start a new job next Thursday. This might be the last ikes cream/mountain man meet for me for a while. Back to bartending so I can hit the books full time and smash out my degree in 2 years instea of 4 and a half more at part time pace. I'll be working 4-close every thurs/fri/sat at one of Brisbanes better bars.

Study commenced 2 years ago, been doing part time Business Management with a double major in HR and Marketing. At part time it was going to take me 6 1/2 years, I've finished 8 subjects so far, 16 left to go.