SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

agreed, love those events in a game...but in IRL, i dont think i'd have the balls to even try.

BOZ! did you get your car back yet?

and a simple spark plug question for one and all. the iridiums that are in my car are heat 6 gap 1.1. should i stick with this with the new plugs (prob just coppers)

or go down to a 0.8 gap? my 5000rpm+ stutter is getting worse :( just wondering if it might just be the gap?....or the distance driven with them in.

I'd take water over flipping and fire any day of the week. Unless you have a VERY difficult car to get out of I'd say your chances of survival are higher in a splashdown, more time to react. Both are terrifying situations however.

Upside down, on fire and in the water however...

The one that always has me on edge even watching are the crazy cliff drops on the outside of many European Tarmac rally's or events like Pikes Peak. That's a damn long way to fall with nothing but skill stopping you going over.

and on that topic. i just downloaded a Jeremy Clarkson DVD collection. the first one is Motorsport Mayhem from '99 and i just watched a corolla drive straight down a cliff and end up upside down in water.

No car yet but it must be actually done (or so close it doesn't matter) as Just Car contacted me to pay the excess. Once the payment clears I'm hoping she'll be back in my hands :)

On the topic of spark plugs, I gapped down to 0.8mm on my last spark plug change (about 10,000km ago, they are due for another change soon) and it helped no end. Once I get my baby back she'll be getting an oil change and new plugs straight up, i actually have a bit of space to work on her now, just need to actually buy some axel stands and a jack :P

How much boost you running bodo?

just stock boost, with the low boost bypass job.

copper sparkplugs, smaller gaps, and replace them while doing oil change. costs less than fancy plugs and does the job just fine.

yeah im gonna go coppers, the iridiums do save alot of time as the plugs aren't a 5 min job with standard pipe work, and 5000km was every second month the last few years (thankfully that is no more)

the 6 heat range should be fine then i assume?

Anybody aware of any cheap standard skyline seats for sale? Need some till my fixed back gets here

i got a set of 34 seats cheap at a place called the Panel house in slacks creek, they had all types and sizes there for relatively cheap. my clean pair of 34 seats only cost me about $150