SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

I think my friend has been scammed by someone on carsales for his 33.

Too early to tell at the moment but I guess we'll wait and see.

Basically, we put the car up on Saturday for 8,800, someone called him this morning and says I'll buy it for 8,500. Mate has agreed. We received a payment notification this afternoon for 11,500 followed by an email from this guy saying he's going to organise for the car to be picked up by a logistics company who's head office is in malaysia. He went on to mention something about Western Union which is what caught my attention. It also raised alarm bells when he's deposited 3k for the shipping when you would normally think they would organise it themself and pay over the phone or something. The dude reckons he's in the navy and is buying the car for his missus.

Oh well, time to play the waiting game I suppose.

EDIT: Called PayPal this afternoon to check if there were any pending payments. Nothing at all. Hopefully noone shows up here with a flatbed asking to take the car.

Edited by hylian

If anyone turns up tell them there has been a mistake. Easy solution. Unless of course the funds appear in a less dodgy way. Looks like a fairly standard carsales scam though.

2nd exam down. It was 10x harder than I expected, so lame. But I still think I smashed it, it was open book and I had all my lecture notes with me so that was good lol.

I was at work when they were talking with him so I didn't get all the details of what they said etc. It did seem a little strange when I first saw the email, but we were all pretty excited to be able to sell the car so quickly hahah.

Meanwhile, R33 GTST for sale 8,500!

If anyone turns up tell them there has been a mistake. Easy solution. Unless of course the funds appear in a less dodgy way. Looks like a fairly standard carsales scam though.

2nd exam down. It was 10x harder than I expected, so lame. But I still think I smashed it, it was open book and I had all my lecture notes with me so that was good lol.

x2 ive read stories on this shiz! id say defs a scam! unless cash in hand i'd bail

good news on exam mang, got my 2nd on thursdaiii :D

Morning Mangs,

Successful Tavern Night was Successful.

Good to meat you Col.

Thristian, what was your sorry excusing for not coming out on Sunday?

Alfa motor enjoyed it's 5L drink of delicious Motul 4100 Turbolight yesterday, with thanks to Link International and everyone who voted for my secksy 31 in the show and shine :)

So, here this Thursday night?

Anyone keen to stay up and get pissed for the last F1 race this Sunday night? You'll need Monday off. Mahk Wibbah in with a realistic shot at the championship...

x2 ive read stories on this shiz! id say defs a scam! unless cash in hand i'd bail

good news on exam mang, got my 2nd on thursdaiii :)

Pretty much just decimated my tribology exam, only fluid dynamics to go :)

Thristian, what was your sorry excusing for not coming out on Sunday?

i didnt get home til like 4am, so figured it was best to flag :)

Pretty much just decimated my tribology exam, only fluid dynamics to go :)

holy ballzzz!

im in library now for finance 2 exam on thursday - such a kick in the nut sack