SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

For Colon::

2 * Samsung EX2220X 21.5" Wide Led 5ms 1920 x 1080 DVI/VGA Gloss Black LED

Intel Core i7 870 Processor LGA1156 2.93GHz 8MB Cache CPU

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 P55 4DDR3 4VRM PCIEx16 GLAN SATA3 ATX

Kingston 4G(2x2G) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX

Samsung 1.5TB Spinpoint F2 Silencer Series

Samsung SH-B083A Blu-Ray Combo SATA

eVGA GF GTX460 768M DDR5 2xDualLinkDVI miniHDMI

Antec NSK6582B Black Super Mid Tower Case with EarthWatts 430D Watt PSU

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

Total Price: $1511.50*

* Approximate prices and parts after preliminary research only. Will conduct more research if you decide to go ahead.

* + Cost for Martin to assemble: Bottle of home brew and/or a night with your sister

* Warranty: Individual parts warranty only plus Martin's personal guarantee that it will be assembled with the utmost care, probably while drunk and watching the cricket. Additional warranty can be discussed if assembly payment involves sister...

* You can knock $100 ish off if you are happy with a heaps legal copy of Windows XP

* If you are willing to splash another couple of hunjy I would suggest doubling the ram and upgrading to Win 7 Pro

This would not be a rocket ship but should smash autocad out of the park without trouble, especially if you lash out and double the RAM.

it's already painted?!?! god damn you work fast boy!!

No painting...... wtf are you talking about? I wanted a black bonnet... therefore I got a black bonnet..

For Colon::

2 * Samsung EX2220X 21.5" Wide Led 5ms 1920 x 1080 DVI/VGA Gloss Black LED

Intel Core i7 870 Processor LGA1156 2.93GHz 8MB Cache CPU

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 P55 4DDR3 4VRM PCIEx16 GLAN SATA3 ATX

Kingston 4G(2x2G) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 HyperX

Samsung 1.5TB Spinpoint F2 Silencer Series

Samsung SH-B083A Blu-Ray Combo SATA

eVGA GF GTX460 768M DDR5 2xDualLinkDVI miniHDMI

Antec NSK6582B Black Super Mid Tower Case with EarthWatts 430D Watt PSU

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM

This would not be a rocket ship but should smash autocad out of the park without trouble, especially if you lash out and double the RAM.

Nice build... definately go the i7 and 8mb cache. Definately go the 8gb RAM too.

Never heard of the video card though... what's the go?

Who the hell needs a legal copy of Win 7 anyway

Mangs...

When burning a DVD from VOB, IFO and BUP files, do you need to have an IFO and a BUP for EACH VOB file?

Because:

I have a VIDEO_TS folder with

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_01_2.VOB

And when burned - it won't read in any DVD player... I've never really dealt with burning stuff before. Can anyone shed some light on it for me please?

doing it wrong clearly. Get some black doors on there leave the rest red :P

No way mang. If you're going to make it look like it's still waiting for paint, one white door, one black door, the rest red. People aren't gonna see it from both sides at the same time anyway, so why match em up?

Nice build... definately go the i7 and 8mb cache. Definately go the 8gb RAM too.

Glad you approve

Never heard of the video card though... what's the go?

Its the cheapest Nvidia GTX460 that just happens to almost make budget.

They are all reference designs anyway so the brand doesn't really matter. Expensive ones just tend to overclock better.

Who the hell needs a legal copy of Win 7 anyway

Everyone! Win 7 is awesome!

now im feeling so fly like a G6....

makes me wanta buy a ford... weird...

Makes me want to buy a Gulfstream

Gulfstream > ford. That is all.

afternoon chaps

evening squire

Mangs...

When burning a DVD from VOB, IFO and BUP files, do you need to have an IFO and a BUP for EACH VOB file?

Because:

I have a VIDEO_TS folder with

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01_0.BUP

VTS_01_0.IFO

VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_01_2.VOB

And when burned - it won't read in any DVD player... I've never really dealt with burning stuff before. Can anyone shed some light on it for me please?

Been ages since I've done it... from memory its a bit of an art form. Grab a legit DVD and check out the folder structure?

I think you need to burn it as a 'video disc' or something too, if you just burn the files it won't work...

:)

That's what she said

Something different

That's what she said

doing it wrong clearly.

That's what she said

No way mang. If you're going to make it look like it's still waiting for paint, one white door, one black door, the rest red. People aren't gonna see it from both sides at the same time anyway, so why match em up?

Naah, black bootlid, blue bonnet, one white door and one green door :P

Naah, black bootlid, blue bonnet, one white door and one green door :P

Oh hellllls yeah. Fuckin' winrar! That'll totes make it look like it's waiting to go the painters! That'll be the best way to achieve the look for sure :)

Cheers for the DVD info. I did burn it as a video disc, but it told me to eat a dick. It just won't work :D

Will check out a real dvd file tree and see what it looks like :)