SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

RE: GT5 - Played Dan's copy a bit on the weekend. It was good, but not sensational. I guess after 5 years I expected more...

Mainly little things. No Nurburgring. Can't change wheels on standard cars. Limitations on painting. Wouldn't let us turbo an R32 GTS25. Graphics were also not as epic as I was expecting. (Dan will chip in now and blame the fact we weren't using HDMI output but that wasn't the problem. Low polygon count, repetitive textures, lack of detail were what was dissapointing).

The racing was certainly good though so thats the main thing. I expect when I get a copy I'll get just as hooked as every other GT game despite it's fallbacks...

You have to unlock the Nurburgring, theres even an achievement if you beat the 7min 38s that the r35 did. + Theres a tutorial on how to do the whole track section by section.. havn't tried that bit yet.

You have to unlock the Nurburgring, theres even an achievement if you beat the 7min 38s that the r35 did. + Theres a tutorial on how to do the whole track section by section.. havn't tried that bit yet.

Cool. It wasn't even showing up as locked in arcade mode which made me think it wasn't there. If it is there and can be unlocked, that's a point back in it's favour.

Nasty :P

just need a new plug, or is the thread on the sump ruined?

It got retapped when it was at phantom. The thread in the sump seems to be fine. The bolt they put in however... notice i said "bolt" and not "plug"? ...yeah... instead of making a new plug, or modifying one it's just some random 2 inch bolt that's actually not the right diameter. So it's been "ok" up till now. But now it's rattled itself free and the bolt thread is shagged. In the middle of modifying of plug while also ripping suspension off a falcoon and a barina... headsplode

It got retapped when it was at phantom. The thread in the sump seems to be fine. The bolt they put in however... notice i said "bolt" and not "plug"? ...yeah... instead of making a new plug, or modifying one it's just some random 2 inch bolt that's actually not the right diameter. So it's been "ok" up till now. But now it's rattled itself free and the bolt thread is shagged. In the middle of modifying of plug while also ripping suspension off a falcoon and a barina... headsplode

:S

:P

Morning Mangs,

oh yeah i put chilli in the avo's when i blended them... hot stuff...

already passed it through to the other side :whistling:

That's what she said.

?

That's what she said.

NICE ONE

That's what she said.

Cool, will d/l when I get home for much epicness.

go go go gooo

That's what she said.

Martin's team for the 2nd Ashes:

S. Watson

S. Katich

R. Ponting

M. Clarke ©

C. Ferguson

M. Hussey (vc)

T. Paine (wk)

S. O'Keefe?

R. Harris

P. Siddle

D. Bollinger

Punter should consider himself on notice, but I'd give him a shot while not being captain to see if he can stage a comeback with less on his mind.

I thought twice about dropping Haddin after that century, but then I reminded myself that he has been a hack from day 1 and the decision was easy :D.

Spinner? I have NFI. Give this O'Keefe bloke everyone is talking about a go... or stick with X-Man. Really there is no one to choose from :).

Siddle earned his place by being the only bowler to take any wickets in the first test, although he should also consider himself on notice if he can't get any in the second innings.

Johnson needs to go back to shield games and learn how to bowl again. He's been lacklustre since the last ashes. Hilfenhouse has never really impressed me.

The selectors are also hacks though so expect the actual team to look nothing at all like that. North has no doubt 'earned' his place in the team for the next 5 years with that one wicket, and I doubt they'll drop Johnson.