SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

You are easily pleased then. f**ked if I'd pay over $1000 for a second hand POS clutch that may or may not explode at any time.

Can build and sell retail the EXACT same thing for half the price using all new parts.

Astro:

And 3 puk? WTF were you thinking? I hope you don't care about ya neck

explain sir?

hmmmm... looks like I've missed nothing so far...

*scampers back into the shadows**

hahah its a bit like that for me today

explain sir?

Have you ever driven on a 3 puk button clutch before?

What is the car being used for? And how much power does it make/will it be making?

Careful tristan The Jewish are after you!

Racist much?

hand over the jew gold, kyle

Side note : Did i tell you's that if i can get enough donations I will be growing a hitler still moustache for movember... but I might call it a chaplin... not sure the jury is out on that one.

Have you ever driven on a 3 puk button clutch before?

What is the car being used for? And how much power does it make/will it be making?

nope i havnt, car should be making around 220kw-ish + if everything goes sweet, used as a dori machine

nope i havnt, car should be making around 220kw-ish + if everything goes sweet, used as a dori machine

Then a 3puk clutch is a poor choice. Whoever advised you on this needs educating.

You may end up liking it but it is EXTREMELY harsh on driveline stuff. Say goodbye do diff, gearbox and universal joints. You'll jolt your neck every time you take off but it'll kick nicely for drifting. But then again, so will a 5 or 6 puk button clutch but it won't be as hard on everything.

3 puk should be good to hold 350+rwkw, 6puk at 300rwkw and 5puk at 350rwkw.

So basically the wrong clutch for the job

Plus when the clutch wears out you will need a new flywheel. Because from all the clutch riding you are going to be doing while you drive it on the street, it will machine a large deep groove in the flywheel.

You are easily pleased then. f**ked if I'd pay over $1000 for a second hand POS clutch that may or may not explode at any time.

Can build and sell retail the EXACT same thing for half the price using all new parts.

I was happy.. Knowing what happened with Noel and knowing what really goes on after reading about parts, not so happy. I was a lucky one. Back in 02/03 when the clutch was bought there wasnt really a huge aray to pick from.. Started with an OS twin plate, shagged it. JB worked, heh.

Not easily pleased, you know this.

You may end up liking it but it is EXTREMELY harsh on driveline stuff. Say goodbye do diff, gearbox and universal joints. You'll jolt your neck every time you take off but it'll kick nicely for drifting. But then again, so will a 5 or 6 puk button clutch but it won't be as hard on everything.

you raise a very good point, i didnt take into account my drive line ;)

oh dear :(

I just assumed from the car you drive.

Oops did I say that out loud

Im pleased that car runs. Im a slave to offset. It's in keeping with mud crabs and so forth I guess.

That car now is in better mech nic then half the shit boxes on car sales :(

you raise a very good point, i didnt take into account my drive line ;)

oh dear :(

And just to clear up what I believe Taz is getting at:

I don't give two flying rats arses who sells you a clutch, installs your clutch or whatever....I am here for advice only, not to pick up work.

I fit around 30 or so clutches a year to Skylines and silvias and have done for the last 6 years. Just telling you how it is.

All my cars have had button clutches fitted so I know what it's like to drive them. I have sold and fitted many to others and can tell you it's hard enough satisfying people with a 6puk clutch (which is AT LEAST twice as easy to drive than a 3puk) when they have never driven on them before. There is only two reasons for needing to go button in the first place.

1: The car makes more than 300rwkw

2: Drifting

Im pleased that car runs. Im a slave to offset. It's in keeping with mud crabs and so forth I guess.

That car now is in better mech nic then half the shit boxes on car sales :(

Why can I never get a bite out of you? You wanna have sex with me don't you?